Miu Hirano is back!?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Miu Hirano beat Mima Ito in the quarterfinals, then Hina Hayata in the finals of the 2022 Zen-Noh Cup Top 32 (Paris Olympics selection tournament).

Does this mean Hirano is back? Both Ito and Hayata have already qualified for Team Japan, so were they just taking it easy? I don't think so... Hirano was blocking maybe better than ever, and Hayata especially does not strike me as someone to just give up a game. Hirano's win over Hayata was hard fought. Has she changed coaches? New equipment, maybe? Does this win mean she's joining Team Japan for Paris now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hayata was injured but given that Hirano is the only player who has stared down the Chinese in a medal event when they fielded their best players. I have always had a special respect for her and rate her higher than Hayata even when Hayata has the better results. I find Hirano's WTTC bronze to be a bigger achievement competition wise than Ito's Olympic bronze, and Her ATTC gold to be a massive achievement, but you have give Ito respect for her.Olympic gold in mixed doubles. Yes Hayata is injured so I dont think the result here is a big deal for both players relative form, but beating Ito as badly as Hirano did and Hirano's winning on demand to qualify for WTTC next year on South Africa are big deals I think especially as they are key to the next Olympic cycle.

This user has no status.
this is event is also a qualifying event for the 2 OG singles spot in Paris 2024. There are in total 14 events counting, and this was the 5th only

Harimoto and Hayata are leading the rankings by what now looks like a comfortable margin, but for the 2nd spot the battle is fierce.
2022%2011%2014%20classement%20JO%20Japan%20H%20png.png

2022%2011%2014%20classement%20JO%20Japan%20F%20png.png