Please sign today for a great cause for Table Tennis

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I don't know why is it unfair that the best players win?

Good point!! hahaha But actually there are other matters that I think ITTF can and should contribute more. They're rather straight forward matters, that I am surprised that ITTF still has not done anything about them, which makes me think that something stinks, mostly in the promotion of the sport department.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I can not support this.. Table tennis should be an Olympic sport, and the best should be allowed to win. If China has the 5 best players in the world, it is okay if only 2 of them can play singles because the rules are that way. If the rules said that all 5 could play it is also allright because they are the best. I aint grumpy because my country have never been in the Olympic table tennis comp. No Norwegian have ever been at that level, so why should we be able to play there? In the Olympics, you need to qualify, if you do you are good enough. If not, well... It says itself!

The best should be allowed to play, no matter where they're from. Should we kick Norway and Sweden out of the winter olympics just because they almost win every ski medal?
No, let the best athletes win.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Bump! The petition has been updated to not remove Table Tennis from Olympics.
Again, even though the day for Adham Sharara is numbered, the corruptive nature of both ITTF and the PP Powerhouse China must be changed!
Sharara's own company TMS contributes 70% of ITTF's income, do you like this system?

If you support a clean table tennis environment, help by sign the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/itt...ration-impeach-current-chairman-adham-sharara

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
hm... honestly, this petition is not strong enough, if you want to really push it. The main reason is the prove is not strong enough. It is kind of when writing a paper, if you write "we suspect", or "he is", the person reviewing this will ask you for a source for this suspection. It cannot be like "they raise the price", "I believe they monopoly it" this kind of what we so call a very weak statement. It would be better if someone can obtain a financial prove or whatever.

About the US region blocked for live broadcasting, I suggest you to blame USA ISP and TV provider, they are the main cause. This is not only happen to ITTF, but also to BWF, Volleyball and FIBA if not mistakenly. They bought the broadcasting copyright (say hi to you america!), so they could do whatever they want in US region. It just like Apple uses their copyright to prevent HTC sell their smartphone in USA, but fail to preven from Samsung doing it recently.

Oh yea, money is always important. As you see in NBA, about 500-700mil revenue still can be considered a lost. They still need a better and stable income source, especially from my research funding experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
im sorry but i have to say no.
eventually, sharara will leave- we know this, its only a matter of time. where tt goes after this is yet to be seen.
secondly, the dominance of china is not unfair. they have trained the best players and that is that.
rather than do anything about china, we should instead focus on training up our own players to meet china's standards.
so im sorry, but i must say no :/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
But why are we ignoring the consequences of corruptive nature of ITTF and Pro table tennis at large?
Tell me about sportsmanship in Chinese table tennis circuit where they have been fixing games and been used to graft!
Oh yeah y'all call the ITTF Conflict of interest minor...

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The real question is, why would anyone think that the IOC has any kind of control or even influence over the ITTF. That is sort of like sending a letter to the Electric Company and asking them to force the head of the Board of Education to resign.

Also, this document needs some real help. First of all, I would ask someone who can read and write the English language, like a professional English teacher or a writer or copy editor, to read and edit the piece. The writing needs serious help and a piece like that will not be taken seriously by anyone of importance if it is written that badly. And secondly, someone who actually knows and/or can research facts about the history of table tennis should be consulted for gross inaccuracies like this one:

"...forced all table tennis players to abandon existing blades, rubbers and sheet-glues that were used for almost a century."

All I can say about that quote is, Wow, what a load of inaccuracies. In 1912 I believe they were using cork for balls and cigar boxes as rackets. In the 1950s the first sponge rackets made their appearance and those sponge rackets were nothing like what were being used in the 1960s, 70s or 80s and each decade saw its process of evolution.

The letter seems to be presenting that rubber costs up to $100.00 a sheet but neglects to add that there are many sheets of rubber that can be purchased for between $5.00-$20.00 that are quite good rubbers in spite of their cost like Gambler Outlaw ($14.00), and DHS Hurricane {the commercial version} ($20.00).

In the category of blades there are price variations as well. At the top end of the price issue there are blades like the Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC which sells for up to $250.00 for one blade and then there are excellent blades like the DHS PG7 which can be found for as little as $20.00.

So this would sort of be like complaining to the department of Health, that the department for transportation has made buying a car too expensive because the price of a Lamborghini is $200,000.00 when you can get a Toyota for $20,000.00 and a good used car for $5,000.00.

God only knows what complaining about how good the Chinese team is could be compared to, but perhaps is sort of like comparing the kid who just does not play Table Tennis at all to the kid who plays every day, 6 hours a day, 6 days a week with the best training the world can offer and the kid who just does not play, saying, it is not fair that the other kid is better.

It is just not fair!

Huh.

The kid who trains for real, has done the work. China has done the work to set up the situation that they have amazing resources to rely on to continue improving their resources for training, their base of competent training partners and coaches. Why complain? It would be nice if some countries could band together, learn from the example of how diligent the Chinese are in their training and apply similar methods. Will it happen? :) Doubt it. But, why complain that China really does their homework on the subject in a real way and supports their professional table tennis infrastructure.

Hey, just give them the credit they deserve. The Chinese really love table tennis and the government has helped make it so that they have every advantage over the rest of the world that you could possibly imagine. If you look at the players in the Chinese Super League, China could probably swell the ranks of the international table tennis community and take the top 20-30 spots in the world ranking. But they just don't send everyone out to those World Tour events. Kudos to China for being soooooo good and not really parading their real dominance in everyone else's face.

Or should we complain about US dominance in Baseball and Basketball in spite of how many professional athletes there are in US Baseball and Basketball from foreign countries. The US still boasts of its dominance in those two sports because of the system and infrastructure built around recruiting athletes for those respective professional leagues.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Yup, just ignore the sportsmanship and bow to Chinese bribery force! Why don't you comment on known fact of graft in Table Tennis?

Coward!

By the way, English isn't my native language. But thanks for the suggestion, I have another letter sent to IOC asking to remove Table Tennis from future Olympic games.

No matter what the outcome is, I tried, for the grace of Olympics and table tennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Why the IOC?

It should be to the ITTF participating Nations, IMO.

And..dominance of the Chinese? Sorry, I don't go for trying to do something by rules or equipment. It's up to the other Nations to come up with a system to defeat the Chinese. Good for them.

Do you have any documentation to back up your claims in the petition?

I'm all for ousting Sharara though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
yah. I don't see why it's not unfair that the best player won. We are playing table tennis because we love it. Of course, I like Ma Long. I like the way he play. I respect him. We are not bowing to that 'chinese bribery force' . It's ridiculous.
Have you seen any match fixing at Olympic, at Table Tennis? Or did they have more chances given by umpire. Did they start the games with like 10-0 ?
C'mon man. In order to reach to the top, you gotta work and train hard. There's no shortcut.
Oh , of course. I do respect you for your super duper great great grand trial 'for the grace' of Olympic and Table Tennis. really appreciate it.

Last edited:

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
mCOPW.jpg

Attachments

• mCOPW.jpg
    mCOPW.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 93