TSP Süper Ventus vs V>15 Ekstra

This user has no status.
I actually wouldnt advise any amateur to play V>15 on bh. It is a pretty hard rubber which really feels that way and needs a decent technique and strong hitting bh to become alive.
Super Ventus is not that linear and has more catapult. It would have been my choice of bh if i wouldnt play so well with Vega Pro/X right now and because the Vega series is cheaper in my country at least.

This user has no status.
Aren't V15 and Super Ventus both 47d ESN hardness?

That literally doesnt matter if both are completely different rubbers and feel completely different. Different sponge and probably different topsheet too, though i couldnt find much proof of the latter.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
These are both firm feeling rubbers that require an active stroke to penetrate the rubber properly. V>15 Extra has a higher throw and more spin potential but Ventus Extra has a sharper longer arc. If you are not used to playing 47.5degree rubbers on the backhand, you might consider trying rubbers like Xiom Vega X or Gewo Hype KR which are more forgiving and easier to use than VE and V>15E

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I will reply you here instead in PM. Probably V>15 nor Super Ventus are the rubbers you are looking for. These are very rewarding rubbers if you have a strong backhand but equally punishing if your backhand is weak.
If you play just a push play on your backhand you probably should avoid both rubbers.

In case you like German rubbers you should check out something like the Joola Rhyzen CMD or Tibhar Aurus Select, Andro Hexer SFX, Andro Good or if you don't mind if it's made in China then the Victas Triple Regular.

Honestly speaking something like a Loki Rxton 1 would be a good choice, it's super cheap too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Both of these rubbers have a solid feel, so to truly penetrate them, you must use an energetic stroke. Although Ventus Extra has a longer, sharper arc, V>15 Extra has a greater throw and more potential for spin. Try rubbers like Xiom Vega X if you're not used to playing 47.5 degree rubbers on the backhand.