New Equipment Recommendation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hello this is my first post here in the forum, so please remind me if I'm doing anything improperly.
I've been playing table tennis for a total of 3 years now and my current equipment that I'm using for about a year now is the
- Lin Gaoyuan ALC
- Dignics 09c 2,1mm on forehand
- Dignics 05 1,9mm on backhand

The equipment is great, fancy and especially hard to control, but on the other hand when you hit right the speed and power is immense. Anyways those aren't any new information. In my last 2 tournament I played against better players than me and I started feeling the difficulty's and problems of a hard and fast equipment. Blocking hard shots was extremely difficult and opening on heavy underspin as well. The feeling and touch is also really stiff and almost no dwell time for my feeling.
That being said, I'm looking for something new to try, but the nowadays is so big that I have no ide what fits my playing style.

I would want to get a softer equipment that my current rubbers and blade but not like soft soft. I still need the power especially on the bh side.

I was looking to try out the Stiga Rosewood/Ebenholz and the Donic Bluefire M2 on my bh.

Has anyone played that blade and rubber and can give me some information on it, as well as recommending a nice fh rubber? Like a Hybrid one.

Thank you for reading.

It sounds like You have been wasting money on equipment
I should start with an all+ to off- blade with Mark V HPS or Xiom vega Euro or equivalent. Unfortunately, I haven't tried any half tacky rubbers so I cant recommend any of those. After some time You can upgrade to maybe Rakza 7 and after this You should (maybe) be ready to play with Your current setup.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
It sounds like You have been wasting money on equipment
I should start with an all+ to off- blade with Mark V HPS or Xiom vega Euro or equivalent. Unfortunately, I haven't tried any half tacky rubbers so I cant recommend any of those. After some time You can upgrade to maybe Rakza 7 and after this You should (maybe) be ready to play with Your current setup.

Cheers
L-zr

Thank you

This user has no status.
Hi Amir, I am in the process of moving away from high end equipment too (Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 2.1mm on each side).

I've gone with the Yasaka Sweden Extra all wood blade, paired with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Europe (BH) rubbers at 2.0mm. It arrives this week.

I'll be posting my experience with this change and some footage in another thread and this might be of interest to you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hi Amir, I am in the process of moving away from high end equipment too (Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 2.1mm on each side).

I've gone with the Yasaka Sweden Extra all wood blade, paired with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Europe (BH) rubbers at 2.0mm. It arrives this week.

I'll be posting my experience with this change and some footage in another thread and this might be of interest to you?

Yes that would be great, thank you