The weight of the ball on contact

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Does anyone know the recipe how to select a blade + rubber to have a heavy ball at the contact time?
I really am puzzled since I just tried out Donic Bluegrip C2 on my Joola ZQ super ALC blade and when I hit the ball it feels like I'm hitting cannonballs. I can feel the rubber eating the ball, the blade deforming while when I used the C2 before with the Joola Trinity blade or Xiom Ice Cream it felt mushy, the contact felt light, (I didn't even feel the blade under), and the end result was a slow but fairly spinny ball, but it felt gutless.
On the ZQ s-ALC blade it is like a cannon, feels super heavy, fast and spinny. I don't get it since the Ice Cream AZX is basically a similar blade. The Trinity is also not totally foreign.

In my previous posts I considered the C2 like a very gutless rubber with decent (nothing to write home about) spin, and a capable over the table countering ability, but now I must correct this opinion, well at least with this blade.

I played with Chinese rubbers for a long time, and I saw the TT11 review and asked for a C2 based on that but I was so disappointed, but now it is really exciting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
For sure the weight and balance of the racket is a huge factor. My Joola ZQ blade is about 85g which is more on the light side of the 7 ply carbon blades.
With MX-S around 50g on BH and the C2 at 51g the total weight is around 190g. I use 3 layers of revolution glue on the sponge and 1 layer on the blade which is also a few grams so it adds up.
(before I was playing with V15 extra and Rakza Z EH and the total weigth was around 190g too, but Rakza Z doesn't have this feeling)

I also had a heavy ball feeling with the very same blade with Hurricane 8-80. I think Hurricane 8-80 is easier to use on the forehand, easier to spin, and maybe even bouncier on passive hits but H8-80 has a super sensitive topsheet, very sensitive to spin so one needs to have a great feeling with it. Over the table countering is not easy with it either.
C2 on the other hand has excellent over the table countering ability. Better for fast attack than H8-80, better block, much lower arc.

I really don't wanna hype C2 cause there are probably better options out there like the K3 or Dynaryz ZGR, V>20 but if someone likes the H3 feel with a more forgiving topsheet I think C2 is pretty darn good.