My setup feels like a literal ROCK after trying this one

This user has no status.
As some of you guys know, i recenly bought a Fang Bo carbon with commercial hurricane 3 neo for FH and a Vega X for BH. I was playing with a friend today at the club and i wanted to try his racket. (Clipper CR with 3 year old butterfly Rozena) And it shocked me because the feeling, dwell felt amazing. There was a long pimples on the BH side so it didn' weight anything comparing to mine.

The real question is, did i just wasted my money on my setup? Did that dwell time and feeling came from the soft BTY Rozena rubber or the blade?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well Rozena is softer, so maybe that is why you feel it has more dwell time.

I think Clipper is harder than Fang Bo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Well according to your description i suppose you use weaker, more arm dominate strokes.

Overall the setup is supposed to be faster at highend speed. But if i remember correctly fbc is an inner alc and to be able to activate it through a hurricane 3 would be really hard as an amateur.

On the other hand the clipper isnt a slow blade overall and with a softer and more bouncy rubber as the rozena it is way easier to produce speed with weaker strokes.

So to answer your question: if you are looking for speed with low effort, then yes you definitly wasted your money at least on the fh rubber and blade.

​​​​​But overall your setup is pretty strong but requires power and a good technique.

Reactions: Peppa Pig
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I felt the same when I tried a friend's blade, an otcharov alc with dignics 09C 2.1 FH and dignics 05 2.1 BH: what an amazing dwell! I felt I could swing full arm with great confidence on counter topspin. Luckily my current setup gives me similar feelings (not exactly the same) as I don't want to spend 80 € / rubber.

This user has no status.
Well according to your description i suppose you use weaker, more arm dominate strokes.

Overall the setup is supposed to be faster at highend speed. But if i remember correctly fbc is an inner alc and to be able to activate it through a hurricane 3 would be really hard as an amateur.

On the other hand the clipper isnt a slow blade overall and with a softer and more bouncy rubber as the rozena it is way easier to produce speed with weaker strokes.

So to answer your question: if you are looking for speed with low effort, then yes you definitly wasted your money at least on the fh rubber and blade.

​​​​​But overall your setup is pretty strong but requires power and a good technique.

I asked why the feeling was good and you basically answered "You're using the wrong technique" I can already get good speed/spin with my setup.
Don't get me wrong, everything you're saying is true, but im asking; Why did the dwell felt longer? Is it the blade or the soft rubber or maybe the combination itself?

Oct 2022

I asked why the feeling was good and you basically answered "You're using the wrong technique" I can already get good speed/spin with my setup.
Don't get me wrong, everything you're saying is true, but im asking; Why did the dwell felt longer? Is it the blade or the soft rubber or maybe the combination itself?

The rubber for sure

• Love
Reactions: Kuzey Yıldız
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

My bad, i should have picked different words or be more precise, but the answer remains the same.
Mostly the rubber gives you more dwell because it is way softer. Pressing it in is way easier than an H3.

The blade could give you more feeling too, which is not uncommon for good full wood blades, but i in this case i doubt the difference is noticable except for the feedback maybe... I dont know the feedback vibration from the clipper because it was pretty long ago when i played with it. So the blade could cause your experience too, but it not likely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
"My setup feels like a literal ROCK" - commercial hurricane 3 neo vs Rozena. That is the expected result given the difference in sponge hardness. Try boosting the H3 or switching to a softer rubber. The Fang Bo Carbon blade is also known to be harder/stiffer than it's construction suggests possibly due to QC and variability in wood selection. Now you know why people pony up for the Long V.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe carbon VS all wood blades makes a different in arc aswell?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
If you like a 3 year old rubber maybe your reading of and adjusting to spin needs some work.

I would guess an older rubber would lose some grip and almost act like an anti rubber (not quite as extreme of course) so dealing with spin could be easier if you are not adjusting your blade angle to incoming spin perfectly.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wing got it right, the combo you selected is a no-brainer dead feel for what you seem to want to be doing. Just about any middle of the road low OFF blade with soft, modern dynamic rubbers would feel 5000% better than what you selected.

There is always the trade market and you could get enough money from hawking the rock to get something more appropriate without too much additional expense...

This user has no status.
Wing got it right, the combo you selected is a no-brainer dead feel for what you seem to want to be doing. Just about any middle of the road low OFF blade with soft, modern dynamic rubbers would feel 5000% better than what you selected.

There is always the trade market and you could get enough money from hawking the rock to get something more appropriate without too much additional expense...

Will it feel the same if i boost H3 and break in a little bit?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Doesn't matter how much you boost the H3 it will always feel more dead than the rozena, which is even softer than your VegaX. ....on the top of it you tried the rozena on a relatively soft wood -Clipper.So if I were you , I would first try rozena on you FB and if you still find it dead, just buy a Clipper. Simple

Last edited: