Tibhar Hybrid Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
If anyone has tried all of these three rubbers give me a quick comparison with all the pros and cons of each one of them?
-Tibhar Hybrid K1 european version
-Tibhar Hybrid K2
-Tibhar Hybrid K3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Here is some background info:

mytt: Tibhar K Variants : feedback on versions?

mytt: Review for Tibhar Hybrid K1 Pro?
mytt: Tibhar Hybrid K1
mytt: Joola Golden Tango PS
mytt: Tibhar Hybrid K3
dku51: What is the difference between Tibhar Gold K2 Pro and ordinary K2 sets of glue trial evaluation: Classic and then upgraded-Dongku Mall
ttd: Tihbar K2 review: Hurricane 3 subs with similar feeling, more speed and no boosting

I've been using Tibhar Hybrid rubbers since 2018. Used K1 Pro for about a year, then switched to K2, a year ago tried K3 for one practice session, and about a week ago switched to K2 Pro. Never used K1 Euro version.

You'll probably find detailed answers you're looking for in the above links but here is a very quick TLDR:

K1 Pro - less tacky than H3N, largeish pores, factory boosted, etc
K2 - closest to H3N, properly tacky, fine-pored hard sponge, etc
K2 Pro - less tacky than K2, more tacky than K3, fine-pored hard sponge, faster than K2 but nor as fast as K3.
K3 - very little tack, largeish pored sponge, very fast compared to H2N or K2

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I've been using Tibhar Hybrid rubbers since 2018. Used K1 Pro for about a year, then switched to K2, a year ago tried K3 for one practice session, and about a week ago switched to K2 Pro. Never used K1 Euro version.

You'll probably find detailed answers you're looking for in the above links but here is a very quick TLDR:

K2 Pro - less tacky than K2, more tacky than K3, fine-pored hard sponge, faster than K2 but nor as fast as K3.
Where do you get the K2 (both versions) from?

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Here is some background info:

mytt: Tibhar K Variants : feedback on versions?
mytt: Review for Tibhar Hybrid K1 Pro?
mytt: Tibhar Hybrid K1
mytt: Joola Golden Tango PS
mytt: Tibhar Hybrid K3
dku51: What is the difference between Tibhar Gold K2 Pro and ordinary K2 sets of glue trial evaluation: Classic and then upgraded-Dongku Mall
ttd: Tihbar K2 review: Hurricane 3 subs with similar feeling, more speed and no boosting

He kinda did🤔

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Saw the k2 pro at ttnpp but nowhere else so far.

The k2 can be found from various shops on aliexpress.
And i can second vvk1 experience with the k2. Havnt played the other rubbers.

Prott has both K2 and K2 pro. I think K2 is a super good rubber, and for like 28 american freedom dollars (at prott) it's a steal. Sometimes I still take out my 2+ year old totally beaten K2 and am just amazed how great it is. It's light, durable as hell, requires no boost, doesn't shrink like many ESN rubber, it's very similar to a boosted H3 just it has less spin. But I would argue it is much better for fast attack than a boosted H3 blue sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Prott has both K2 and K2 pro. I think K2 is a super good rubber, and for like 28 american freedom dollars (at prott) it's a steal. Sometimes I still take out my 2+ year old totally beaten K2 and am just amazed how great it is. It's light, durable as hell, requires no boost, doesn't shrink like many ESN rubber, it's very similar to a boosted H3 just it has less spin. But I would argue it is much better for fast attack than a boosted H3 blue sponge.

Totally agree, though i would say it extremely depends on how hard you boost the H3. Mines are usually just boosted with 1-2 layers and my H3s were overall more controlled with a higher up arc than the K2.
With the K2 i was usually roughly around the edges of the other side of the table which is great in training and in matches where you play at home. But if play somewhere else with different balls, like the crap Andro 3S for example all of those shots go over the table because it lacks the spin to bring it down in time...
That was one of the reason i went back to Big Dipper 2 (boosted)/Loki Arthur China, although i definitly wished to stay with K2 because it is a really well ballanced and high quality rubber for your money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So I have been using the K3 a bit more since I have it... better not waste it...
It's actually very very nice. I feel like Tibhar/ESN has fixed many issues that K2 and Rakza Z had while not compromising much.
K2 is very fast, it is blazingly fast. Heck MX-P or whatever fast tensors are nowhere once you start hitting hard. K2 is superb for fast attack. It is generally good for blocking, countering and can do a lot of things well. The only 3 areas it sucks is that it's not very spinny and it's impossible to make a quality opening loop with it and you should not close the racket angle on it. I suppose all of these problems are related to the very dense sponge and that the ball doesn't sinks in much during an opening loop type of shot. That dense sponge can't compress, so the rubber doesn't bite as much, not much rubber stretching and then snapping back etc etc. If you close the angle the ball will just fall in the net. This is not particularly only a K2 issue, it's very much present with H3 and even Rakza Z too.
The dense sponge however gives unmatched bottom strength and racket angel unforgiveness at the same time.

Rakza Z (EH) has a pored sponge, and it's not particularly fast, it's more like a dampening sponge with Rakza Z's topsheet. Honestly the K2 and Rakza Z topsheet seems to be the same??? to me. The pored sponge here does enable more ball holding and more topsheet stretching, but the topsheet is a bit weak, since it's a thin rubber topsheet with normal tall pimples. For Rakza Z you better use a fast blade too, I would recommend a Viscaria or even faster... On fast blade if you hit through the sponge it's actually very nice.

K3 has an in between sponge, small pores but dense too so it has great bottom strength and speed at hard hits but it still can do opening loops because it compresses on low impact and the topsheet stretches and snaps back.
The topsheet of the K3 is like H3, short thin pimples and thick top layer. So the topsheet is rather strong compared to K2 and Rakza Z. It can make great spin and because of the sponge it is fast too on harder hit. On light hits it's more like the Rakza Z.
The K3 is not as fast as the K2 tho and not as stable on fast attack, so while K2 I would gladly recommend with an innerforce ALC blade or DHS HL5, and I think it would be fantastic; the K3 needs faster blade. Viscaria would be a good option for one, but I am using it now with a Vyzaryz Trinity blade from Joola, outer carbon blade with the triple zylon-alc-carbon weave. It's about as fast as a Viscaria but with limba outer ply.
The blade is also a bit on the weird side since on low impact it acts like a Maze ALC and on hard impact the zylon goes to work and it's like an outer ZLC blade. Very suitable for this rubber.
K3 is not perfect, the topsheet has marks very quickly, it doesn't inspire much confidence on durability. Maybe the visuals won't impact performance.
K2 and K3 are fairly light at around 49-50g cut, while Rakza Z EH is more like 54-55g cut.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
K2 is faster than K3. The K3 is similar once you fully compressed the sponge, then it acts similar to K2.
K2 has a more elastic sponge and a more speed oriented pimple shape.

I wonder what the K2 pro is like, by looks it seems very close to Codexx EF54.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
K2 is faster than K3. The K3 is similar once you fully compressed the sponge, then it acts similar to K2.
K2 has a more elastic sponge and a more speed oriented pimple shape.

I wonder what the K2 pro is like, by looks it seems very close to Codexx EF54.
K2 pro is far less tacky than K2, almost like a K3. Sponge porousness is between K2's sponge and K3's sponge. I did not like it. Speedwise, K2 < K2 Pro < K3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, I have K2 and K1 European version. I have not coughed up the money to buy K3. I got the K2 from tt11 before they are no longer carrying it. I read the reviews on K2 and K1 European version on tt11 as well. Let us get something straight here. Both K2 and K1 European version are sticky. I don't understand all the reviews about them being tacky (like Tenergy, etc.) and not sticky (like chinese rubber DHS and friendship); maybe they got a bad batch? No, K2 and K1 European version are both sticky, like 729 and H3 but let also be honest, they are NOT and they never will probably be as sticky as 729 and H3.

But do you really want them to be as sticky as 729 and H3? If you do, just go get 729 battleship II and H3 neo ,and boost the heck out of them. In addition, both K2 and K1 European version have the catapult effects that ESN sponges give, without boosting. I have always boosted my H3 neo. I would not boost K2 and K1 European version because they are already pre-factory boosted. Again, do K2 and K1 European version have as much catapult effect as, say Tenergy 05 or Dignic 05? No, of course. But then why do you want them to have such big catapult effect anyway? I have tried Tenergy 05, 05fx and Tenergy 64. My short games and my serve, and my push all suffered because of the catapult effects.

In conclusion, I find K2 and K1 European version to be unique. they are actually very very good "hybrid" rubber. I am still going back and forth between K2 and K1 European version, and my H3 neo on my forehand. I love the catapult effects of the K series from Tibhar but I always find myself playing with H3 neo again because I love to have the option to do slow, high spinning loops alternating that with fast low arc forehand loop drive. There is a reason why H3 neo has such a strong following.

Please note, I am not even aware there is a K1 pro and K2 pro version. I have not coughed up the money to buy a K3 yet either. But seriously, I think people are splitting hair here. I have K2 and K1 european version on the same blade (Tibhar Stratus Powerwood). They are pretty similar. At some points, we just have to admit: it is not the rubber, it is our techniques. Spending more money on more rubbers ain't gonna help our game. Stick with a rubber for a while and see how you like it and adapt to it.

I can see people arguing about using say H3 neo v.s. K1/K2/K3 v.s. Tenergy 05/Dignic 05 on the forehand side. But when you are trying to split hair between K1 v.s. K2 v.s. K3, you are still falling into the marketing trap and wasting money and time thinking about it.

Reactions: H3R0