Flagship ESN brand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I'm just wondering what is ESN's flagship vendor. I am specifically interested what is the brand that releases the latest tech from ESN at the earliest.
I have a suspicion that it is Donic since they seem to be craping out products left and right while brands like Nittaku and Yasaka are super conservative.

Hell, I would say even Tibhar is a very conservative brand in releasing new gear.
I am not very sure what is the first brand to adapt the C-touch topsheet, was it Xiom with the Omega VII China series or Bluegrip from Donic?
I feel like Donic is the first to adapt the newest tech, maybe they don't implement it in the best way in all of their rubbers but they are the first ones to get on the train.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It does seem like Donic and Andro have a closer relationship to ESN than the other brands. They have more rubbers released more often with the latest updates.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
It does seem like Donic and Andro have a closer relationship to ESN than the other brands. They have more rubbers released more often with the latest updates.

Yes, my impression is the same that Donic releases stuff the "most often" which doesn't mean they release the best gear.
They also seem to have a slightly better price than Andro, Tibhar, Joola etc etc
But that just might come down to my country's distributors. I have no qualms with the pricing of Joola, Tibhar, Gewo, Donic and Yasaka at all. Xiom, Nittaku and especially Stiga seem to be on a bit higher level.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think there are multiple notions of what constitutes a flagship brand. Is it the highest ability to execute - and if so, in what way? Highest volume? Highest total profit? Highest profit margin? Highest sustainability? Highest "brand value" - brand recognition, association? Highest product churn, "innovative rate"? Any mix of a number of quantitative and qualitative aspects can be taken into consideration.

My $.02 is that Andro seems to be the one most heavily marketed over here. Yet I'd consider Gewo, Nittaku and Xiom the stronger brands in that stable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Xiom fastest. When the C-touch (or whatever garbage name) technology was introduced, Xiom was the first to implement it with their O7C rubbers. 1 year later, Donic released their C series. Don't forget the Xiom Tau 2 from Xiom, released way before the O7C. In my opinion it is the closest ESN manufactured rubber to a chinese rubber.