Korbel alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi all

Im enjoying playing with my Korbel after downgrading from my TBS. what I'm looking for is a cheap alternative blade to help try other rubbers on - and with playing with boosted H3/Neo on would be good to have something very similar that I don't need to wait for boosting to finish on.

Obviously I could just buy another Korbel and that would be great but are there any other options from other brands that are the same make up. Neottec Voodoo Classic seems to similar, is the Andro Timber 5 also?

Any suggestions to look at?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi all

Im enjoying playing with my Korbel after downgrading from my TBS. what I'm looking for is a cheap alternative blade to help try other rubbers on - and with playing with boosted H3/Neo on would be good to have something very similar that I don't need to wait for boosting to finish on.

Obviously I could just buy another Korbel and that would be great but are there any other options from other brands that are the same make up. Neottec Voodoo Classic seems to similar, is the Andro Timber 5 also?

You're looking for a cheaper alternative for a 45€ blade?
Well, you could buy a piece of plywood, draw the shape of the Korbel cut it and put rubbers on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
European - its still £45 from the UK butterfly dealer.
I had thought of getting the Japan version as my main and then this as the test blade.
The Xiom offensive S is the same price from that same dealer - so not really worth the change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi all

Something slower and cheaper is Primorac. If you want a very budget you can get a Xushaofa

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

says Aging is a killer

" enjoying playing with my Korbel"
This says it all. Every player should have an exact spare bat for tournaments. In fact, I would expand and say that every advanced player usually owns several copies of his bat.
Simply buy another Korbel. Preferably, ask for one of the same weight as you presently own.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
a3d91c5c770ec29716d5fccaae0d3f15.jpg

Butterfly FALCIMA all wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Korbel is Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba construction so look for something similar.

So you're looking at Donic Appelgren, Donic Walder Senso, Stiga Allround Classic, Yasaka Sweden Classic. At least the Donic and Yasaka are about half the price. Yinhe makes an M-4 with that construction which would be cheapest but it's hard to find.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Korbel is Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba construction so look for something similar.

So you're looking at Donic Appelgren, Donic Walder Senso, Stiga Allround Classic, Yasaka Sweden Classic. At least the Donic and Yasaka are about half the price. Yinhe makes an M-4 with that construction which would be cheapest but it's hard to find.

These blade have the same plies but play way different. A Korbel with 90g+ is in the low OFF range (https://ttgearlab.wordpress.com/2019/02/18/dhs-hurricane-long-5-3-overview-lab-test/ has a nice comparison). Appelgren Allplay or Allround Classic are much slower (ALL or ALL- if below 80g)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Not in the UK - the Korbel is £44:99, the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood is €41.58 on TT11 - which is about £35:71, even with shipping thats going to be cheaper.

The Korbel is €39.90 from Butterfly's website, so still a bit cheaper than the TSPW, but not a meaningful difference one way or the other.