Harimoto innerforce SZLC alternative? back-up blade for tournaments

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hello,So I bought myself a Harimoto Inner SZLC at a 40% discount ( someone bought it and stoppoed playing and sold it to me brand new), I and it works like charmMy problem is that Amateur tournaments here, you play around 10 matches in a day, with lots of people in the same room, high condensation levels get the racket wet and stops grippingSo after 4-5 matches my racket feels useless and I have to switch it.I am looking for a blade that has similar qualities as mine even perhaps simlar handle ( Limba, Limba, ZLC , Core, ZLC, Limba Limba ), but its not branded as butterfly, price better than BTY anyways so other brand flagships are just okThanks, Tiber

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello,So I bought myself a Harimoto Inner SZLC at a 40% discount ( someone bought it and stoppoed playing and sold it to me brand new), I and it works like charmMy problem is that Amateur tournaments here, you play around 10 matches in a day, with lots of people in the same room, high condensation levels get the racket wet and stops grippingSo after 4-5 matches my racket feels useless and I have to switch it.I am looking for a blade that has similar qualities as mine even perhaps simlar handle ( Limba, Limba, ZLC , Core, ZLC, Limba Limba ), but its not branded as butterfly, price better than BTY anyways so other brand flagships are just okThanks, Tiber
Just keep drying your rubbers. Unless you are talking about the handle getting slippery. But, also, keep drying your hands. Maybe even bring shirts to change into so you have a dry shirt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

You could try a Stuor/Lemuria Harimoto SZLC clone blade. It won't cost you much, and it is a good quality blade.

Reactions: dh0llyw00d
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I am not at all sure why you arrived at the conclusion that it is the blade & not the rubbers. becuase you have not mentioned any rubbers

Have you tried few different rubbers on the same blade & got the same result ?

My suspicion is that you are using one of those European / Japanese anti-spin like rubbers that are not at all suitable for amateurs & only good in the hands of a pro

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

I am using dignics 09c on FH and dignics 80 on backhand .

You guys missunderstood me, I want a similar blade so that I can put identical rubbers on my secondary blade as I do on my primary blade.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
a backup blade should be SAME, not similar.
If you need to do a quick change of blade during a tournament you will be completely "stumped"
because one can not adjust so quickly to an alternative blade even if it is similar.

I read here in the forum players complaining that there can even be significant variations
between same blades .
Yes, you can find decent blades for little money but then I would rather sell the top quality blade and get
2 or 3 of the "identical" clones from china.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Yes I was looking at them, but has anyone tested any of those? do they at least have the same size?

Yes I have 1 Lemuria ZJK clone, and 1 Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone. I'm not sure if the size is exactly the same, but the blades seem to be pretty standard size.

A lot of people pickup my blade and comment on how nice it feels, without knowing what it is at all.

a backup blade should be SAME, not similar.
If you need to do a quick change of blade during a tournament you will be completely "stumped"
because one can not adjust so quickly to an alternative blade even if it is similar.

I read here in the forum players complaining that there can even be significant variations
between same blades .
Yes, you can find decent blades for little money but then I would rather sell the top quality blade and get
2 or 3 of the "identical" clones from china.
I’m afraid this is almost impossible.

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I’m afraid this is almost impossible.

Cheers
L-zr

HA !!!!
this comment reminds me of a small pamphlet i read in a bar in Rotterdam , it said :" Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself"
there was also another little pamphlet written in quite small print : If you can still read this - you may order another Remy Martin "

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Yes I have 1 Lemuria ZJK clone, and 1 Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone. I'm not sure if the size is exactly the same, but the blades seem to be pretty standard size.

A lot of people pickup my blade and comment on how nice it feels, without knowing what it is at all.

Have you managed to compare the Harimoto SZLC clone to the real thing ? Also I only see the Harimoto ZLC on aliexpress, where did you buy yours?

Also I see that newer clones are using some Gold ZLC now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Have you managed to compare the Harimoto SZLC clone to the real thing ? Also I only see the Harimoto ZLC on aliexpress, where did you buy yours?

Also I see that newer clones are using some Gold ZLC now

I never compared the Harimoto clone to the real thing. So I can't say for sure how closely it plays to the real thing. All I can tell you is that it has high dwell time and high speed and power. So I think it is a good fit for big hitters.

I bought mine on Aliexpress. I believe that the Harimoto clone also uses the "Gold ZLC". Basically the cloners use either a domestic zlc or a imported sheet of zlc (which they call gold).

I also tested the Lemuria LYJ clone (which uses gold zlc) vs the Lemuria ZJK clone (which uses the domestic zlc). I much preferred the ZJK version over the LYJ version.