What non-Butterfly rubbers that have more spin then Dignics 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I would like to try a cheaper alternative. What non-Butterfly rubbers that have more spin then Dignics 05. I tried Hurriance 3 and didn't like it. Thanks

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I would like to try a cheaper alternative. What non-Butterfly rubbers that have more spin then Dignics 05. I tried Hurriance 3 and didn't like it. Thanks

of course you did not like it
It is comparable to take the sweet lolly out of a baby's mouth and give it a spoon of salt instead. 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
More like a spoon of habanero powder. It just hurts if you're not used to it but if are used to it and use it wisely it tastes great ;)

Of course I agree, I am after all a CSF = Chinese sticky Fan 😂 and let us not forget the ultimate wisdom : No rubber makes spin !!!
It is the technique of the player that makes the spin.
Amen

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

"More than" is a difficult thing to be sure of, because different players will produce more/less spin with different rubbers depending on how they contact the ball, and on whether maximum spin (as opposed to speed, placement, or some combination) is their preferred means of winning points.

Having said that, some non-Butterfly and non-Hurricane rubbers that I have played with and would say are in the same league as D05 in terms of spin potential are:

• Tibhar Evolution MX-S (Hybrid K3 might also be. Certainly some reviewers think it's at the same level spin-wise, but I haven't tried it so can't say from experience.)
  • Stiga DNA Dragon Grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

What didn't you like about H3? You tried boosting the H3 at all? Perhaps your blade does not play well with H3 and you need a softer more flexible blade.

NDH

says Spin to win!

This statement/question needs a bit more context to be truly helpful.

Hurricane 3 is clearly considered to be a "God level" rubber amongst casual fans who know a little about equipment.

I mean, if virtually every single one of the best Chinese players uses it, it must be good.... Right?

Well.... No. The Hurricane 3 that most people buy and use is absolutely rubbish, and despite being *relatively* cheap, it's still not worth it for what you get.

If you boost it, sure - It's much better. But who really wants to be able to do that.......

You are then asking for a rubber that is cheaper and "better" than Dignics 05 - An impossible task in my opinion.

There are other rubbers that have the same spin potential (and I say "potential", because unless you have good technique, you won't get much spin from it anyway).

If your technique isn't the best, and you struggle to get really quick arm speed in your shots..... Dignics 05 isn't actually that good. Tenergy 05 gives you more spin on slower shots.

Dignics 05 is unmatched (IMO) when it comes to the trajectory of the ball and spin......

The ball comes through quite low, with crazy amounts of spin on it.

With other spinny rubbers, you can see the arc of the ball, and can predict how much spin is on it. But D05 is incredibly deceptive.

Alternatives would be the Tibhar Evolution series (MX-S also gets my vote).

But you'll have to accept the compromises that comes with not choosing Dignics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

This statement/question needs a bit more context to be truly helpful.

Hurricane 3 is clearly considered to be a "God level" rubber amongst casual fans who know a little about equipment.

I mean, if virtually every single one of the best Chinese players uses it, it must be good.... Right?

Well.... No. The Hurricane 3 that most people buy and use is absolutely rubbish, and despite being *relatively* cheap, it's still not worth it for what you get.

If you boost it, sure - It's much better. But who really wants to be able to do that.......

You are then asking for a rubber that is cheaper and "better" than Dignics 05 - An impossible task in my opinion.

There are other rubbers that have the same spin potential (and I say "potential", because unless you have good technique, you won't get much spin from it anyway).

If your technique isn't the best, and you struggle to get really quick arm speed in your shots..... Dignics 05 isn't actually that good. Tenergy 05 gives you more spin on slower shots.

Dignics 05 is unmatched (IMO) when it comes to the trajectory of the ball and spin......

The ball comes through quite low, with crazy amounts of spin on it.

With other spinny rubbers, you can see the arc of the ball, and can predict how much spin is on it. But D05 is incredibly deceptive.

Alternatives would be the Tibhar Evolution series (MX-S also gets my vote).

But you'll have to accept the compromises that comes with not choosing Dignics.

Probably more people than you think would want to boost. Me included because i simply like the process. Not always and i kinda have the feeling it somewhat fades but it is still present so i boost several, more dense rubbers.

Besides that i am totally with you on your arguements.

I would probably add the Tour series from Xiom to that list of rubbers. I never played with it for longer but several times against players with it, even at 1900+ TTR (germany). The quality of shots and the amount of spin i received even from weaker opponents was definitly something i had to get used to.

Otherwise you have to face a trade off either way. You want even more from a cheaper rubber that is already on a high end level.

Reactions: Equaaz