What rubbers to change to,

This user has no status.
I’ve recently changed to Tibhar Aurus Sound 2.1mm on my viscaria on both sides and I love them. I also boosted them with 2 thin layers of falco long booster. I love the sound, the feeling, the control and the spin. I’m not planning to change in a while but I just wanted to know what rubbers to switch to when the time comes.

My play style is: I like to block and loop, similar to Oh Sang Eun. So pretty allround, but I can attack effectively too.

The rubber brands that I can get are:
Butterfly, Andro, Tibhar, Xiom, Stiga, Victas

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
There are literally so many rubbers.

Butterfly (Dignics), Andro (Rasanter R47, R50), Tibhar (Evolution MXP), Xiom (Omega 7), Stiga (DNA Platinum), Victas(V22)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Aurus Sound is a very soft rubber 35° ESN. Boosted even softer.
As an upgrade maybe (boosted and or lighter selected) Victas V>15 Limber (40° ESN), Evolution FX-P (40° ESN) or FX-S (42° ESN) or Tenergy 05fx (~42° ESN). Vega Europe or Europe DF are not as spinny as Aurus Sound/Soft afaik.
If you found your rubbers with the Aurus Sound I wouldn't switch though ;)

This user has no status.
Aurus Sound is a very soft rubber 35° ESN. Boosted even softer.
As an upgrade maybe (boosted and or lighter selected) Victas V>15 Limber (40° ESN), Evolution FX-P (40° ESN) or FX-S (42° ESN) or Tenergy 05fx (~42° ESN). Vega Europe or Europe DF are not as spinny as Aurus Sound/Soft afaik.
If you found your rubbers with the Aurus Sound I wouldn't switch though ;)

Thanks for the reply! I actually pressed on the rubber with my thumb before and after I boosted it and it did soften it like 1 degree. Thanks for the choices. I’ll definetly write those down for the right moment and choose the most interesting one out of those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I think I’ll go for a bit harder rubber, maybe the MXP or ELP. But we’ll see 😉.
At first these will feel like bricks when coming from such soft rubbers and they are heavier (~10g per side) so the whole balance of the blade will change. That's quite a change and why I suggested only slightly harder and heavier rubbers. Maybe try MXP/ELP on one side first before fully changing.

This user has no status.
If you are ever going to consider faster/harder rubbers, then Adro R53 and R48 might an option.
They play very different from R47/R50 as they require a "fuller" contact with the rubber to generate (lots of) spin.

However, the great thing about them is that the Energy Cell tech on them does not make them feel as hard as you might think.
​​​Hard to describe the feeling if you don't test it first.

This user has no status.
At first these will feel like bricks when coming from such soft rubbers and they are heavier (~10g per side) so the whole balance of the blade will change. That's quite a change and why I suggested only slightly harder and heavier rubbers. Maybe try MXP/ELP on one side first before fully changing.

Thanks, you’re right but I have played with hard rubbers, (Dignics 09c, Tenergy 05 hard) They were too hard for me. The weight wasn’t the problem. So I think something between 47-42 should be good. The Aurus Sound doesn’t lack anything YET, but when I have played with it for a while I think it will feel a bit slow. That’s why I wanted to know already what rubbers I will choose. I have a similar touch like Oh Sang Eun. But I think he used an all wood blade, the Korbel with Sriver EL in the speed glue era and then Tenergy 05. I want to have a similar setup as him without changing the blade AND a bit slower than Tenergy 05. Hope there’s a rubber like that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I Don't know anything about the rubbers but going from a soft to a medium hardness rubber sounds like a sensible choice for progression. Probably better than going to a hard one and risking to have to downgrade again because you don't master the hard one yet.

I’ll keep an eye on the Tenergy 05 FX and Rozena. Those seem to be a bit more controllable and slower than regular 05.
Tenergy 05 has a bit higher top speed and spin. The big difference is the feel. 05 FX is be no means a slow rubber. Neither are super fast. 05 FX is an excellent BH rubber in my opinion. On FH a bit soft but if you are in transition it may work for a while.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
Tenergy 05 has a bit higher top speed and spin. The big difference is the feel. 05 FX is be no means a slow rubber. Neither are super fast. 05 FX is an excellent BH rubber in my opinion. On FH a bit soft but if you are in transition it may work for a while.

Cheers
L-zr

I’m just planning the rubber to change to when my rubbers start to feel slow. I can play better with soft rubbers in both sides, I can loop fully so the ball really digs into the sponge. I also like to block and play with my opponents frustration.

Yes but a little harder rubber will pay off much bettet. I recently played with 05 FX on both sides. I was planning to continue to next season but if You saw an earlier post I was forced to upgrade sooner than expected. It worked much better than I expected. The slow and close game and serve returns are a bit harder but everything (almost) else works better. I am forced to hit harder if I step a little backwards it’s hard to miss…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
Yes but a little harder rubber will pay off much bettet. I recently played with 05 FX on both sides. I was planning to continue to next season but if You saw an earlier post I was forced to upgrade sooner than expected. It worked much better than I expected. The slow and close game and serve returns are a bit harder but everything (almost) else works better. I am forced to hit harder if I step a little backwards it’s hard to miss…

Cheers
L-zr

So both sides Tenergy 05 normal? I’m not planning to get different rubbers for both sides.

More normal than 05 FX on both sides I think, but matching them on each side is not a bad choice…
If you’re not sure select a less expensive one as a transition… Select by hardness and speed first this is more important than spin for a good feel. When you feel comfortable go for your ultimate.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
More normal than 05 FX on both sides I think, but matching them on each side is not a bad choice…
If you’re not sure select a less expensive one as a transition… Select by hardness and speed first this is more important than spin for a good feel. When you feel comfortable go for your ultimate.

Cheers
L-zr

I’m just looking for a slower Tenergy 05, that’s why I asked about the FX, even butterfly says it’s slower.