New Cybershape from STIGA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Found out from Stiga that the Cybershape Wood is 6.00mm thick.

I'm guessing it feels like a Korbel.

I would have preferred something closer to 5.7mm personally.

thanks for the info. im impressed that you can find a preferable thickness of a blade. i cant do that and dont have that feeling and knwoledge. are you also that precice on rubbers as well? i wish i knew more about this.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

thanks for the info. im impressed that you can find a preferable thickness of a blade. i cant do that and dont have that feeling and knwoledge. are you also that precice on rubbers as well? i wish i knew more about this.

Yes, I've gotten to try a lot of equipment over the years, accumulate a bunch of knowledge and preferences in veneers and thickness for blades, and also in the types of rubbers I like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Someone on reddit said that the woods used were limba and kiri. This seems to make sense with the low weight at 80-85g and a decent thickness for a 5 ply. But I haven't found any official listing for the composition.

thanks for the info. excited to try it but right now im using cybershape carbon and happy with it but its always nice to try new blades.

We made a review of the Cybershape WOOD, it’s a blade with a great feeling and control, very good for blocking like Truls Moregard style, better close to the table, a bit slow far from the table. Better with hard rubbers (50º or more), with rubber <50º the control is maximum but a bit slow. Price is not high but the blade is great

you can enable english subititles!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
these two italian guys seem to have the first review of this blade

I am holding back for further reviews.
I think they reviewed the regular version, while in would be interested in the CWT version.

Thank you for the review Giacomo. I like these videos and loved the videos from years back where you played an "awkward" style to troll your opponents.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jackcerry_
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
We made a review of the Cybershape WOOD, it’s a blade with a great feeling and control, very good for blocking like Truls Moregard style, better close to the table, a bit slow far from the table. Better with hard rubbers (50º or more), with rubber <50º the control is maximum but a bit slow. Price is not high but the blade is great

Thank you. Excellent review

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

huge thanks jackcerry for the reviwe well appreciated. im tempted to buy one, maybe a christmas and new years present to my self :)

Pes

This user has no status.

Pes

This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi all. Very excellent review.I would like to know which 5-layer blade you would compare it to in terms of speed and control.How would it be compared to other 5-layer ones like the Yasaka Ma Lin extra offensive ?is it really offensive?Is it worth the price for what it offers?Thanks a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
https://youtu.be/9UCUVyXT9HUHere is a review on the blade also. No playing but more info on the new wood. You can just activate English subtitles beacuse it's in Spanish.Seems that this all wood is wery similar to an acoustic which in no means in a bad thing. Its a tad slow then a stiga infinity vps V. Seems to like harder rubbers more then towards softer from what i can find written about it. Hmm getting somewhat curious on this blade. Was looking to purchase a Nittaku acoustic L handle but couldn't find one near me so this might be the next thing similar to Nittaku.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Where do they state it was like an acoustic? Good video anyways, but I would like to have a blade selected that is a little lighter.

If you are interested in the Nittaku acoustic, you can get one from Tablettennis11... I got the one with the special grip which is longer than the regular, but not as long as the large grip, but it also sports a thicker handle.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Zion

Pes

This user has no status.

Pes

This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hello. How would it compare to the extra offensive yasaka ma lin in terms of speed and control?
Is it worth the extra price for a 5-ply blade?
In one review they comment that hard rubbers are good for it but in the other review softer ones are better. which one would fit better?

How would the H3 Neo do? And the Joola fire and ice?
Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Where do they state it was like an acoustic? Good video anyways, but I would like to have a blade selected that is a little lighter.

If you are interested in the Nittaku acoustic, you can get one from Tablettennis11... I got the one with the special grip which is longer than the regular, but not as long as the large grip, but it also sports a thicker handle.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

If you look at the comments in the video I posted the reviewer says that it wery similar to Acoustic and a bit slower then the stiga infinity vps V.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

Which video have u watched that they stayed that a slower rubber is better? Just curious haven't found more reviews then 2 online yet.