This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hello Fellas!

I am generally happy with my current setup:

Nittaku acoustic
FH: H3N
BH: stiga future M

I have been playing with it for 1.5 years. The FH rubber starts to feel losing grip/tackyness. So I need to at least replace the rubber.

However, my EJ's heart starts to itch and I want to try a couple more things.
1. Upgrade to h3n provincial orange. Curious if it's making a big difference. I want to avoid boosting so also curious hybrids like thibar k3, victas v15 or nittaku h3 turbo

2. Switch blade FZD alc. I am really curious about the most control oriented viscaria variant

3. Upgrade BH to something faster like stiga pro M. I am feeling lacking power on bh, especially for balls with no pace at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I suggest going easier on BH. There is a huge difference between Stiga Pro and Stiga future. The lack of speed is probably most due to technique anyway. I had the same problem and the rubber was just a small part of the problem.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I suggest going easier on BH. There is a huge difference between Stiga Pro and Stiga future. The lack of speed is probably most due to technique anyway. I had the same problem and the rubber was just a small part of the problem.

Cheers
L-zr

Thanks! Yeah it's quite likely that technique is the problem. Is there any rubber in between future m and pro M?

There are plenty, Pro M I think is a little hard for BH but that’s me. Yasaka Rakza 7 is a rubber I like. If you want something slow we have Yasaka Mark V HPS. Don’t believe anybody who claims it’s old fashioned. It is a little bit slower and has a little bit less spin but an excellent top sheet. It will last a long time.
Then we have the Xiom Vega series. There you have to find which particular version that fits you. When it comes to Tibhar I have not found one I like yet but I think FXS would be a BH alternative.
If I were You I would stay with the blade and upgrade the rubbers only that will give you more info about the difference. After a year and a half it’s due anyway.

On a side note I can recommend a slow blade with Tenergy 05 and 05FX for BH. But the rubbers are so expensive I don’t. 🙂

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Mark V HPS is a marked improvement over the original Mark V, but never let the Mark V worshippers claim Mark V is suitable for modern offensive techniques. Rakza 7 would be the minimum I would recommend if you want to attack those underspin BH balls with loops and flicks.

H3N provincial isn't too much different from commercial, maybe a hair faster. If you are not boosting, you may as well go with Pro M or Rakza X on the FH. It will be easier to compress the sponge thereby providing more consistent, satisfying and deadly spin.

Last edited:
Mark V HPS is a marked improvement over the original Mark V, but never let the Mark V worshippers claim Mark V is suitable for modern offensive techniques. Rakza 7 would be the minimum I would recommend if you want to attack those underspin BH balls with loops and flicks.

H3N provincial isn't too much different from commercial, maybe a hair faster. If you are not boosting, you may as well go with Pro M or Rakza X on the FH. It will be easier to compress the sponge thereby providing more consistent, satisfying and deadly spin.
This is totally garbage it’s the same top sheet only the sponge is different. It’s slower that’s basically the only difference. The HPS has more bounce and the sponge wears quicker. The standard Mark V sponge lasts almost forever.
Mark V is an excellent choice if You are a beginner or want a slow rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
There are plenty, Pro M I think is a little hard for BH but that’s me. Yasaka Rakza 7 is a rubber I like. If you want something slow we have Yasaka Mark V HPS. Don’t believe anybody who claims it’s old fashioned. It is a little bit slower and has a little bit less spin but an excellent top sheet. It will last a long time.
Then we have the Xiom Vega series. There you have to find which particular version that fits you. When it comes to Tibhar I have not found one I like yet but I think FXS would be a BH alternative.
If I were You I would stay with the blade and upgrade the rubbers only that will give you more info about the difference. After a year and a half it’s due anyway.

On a side note I can recommend a slow blade with Tenergy 05 and 05FX for BH. But the rubbers are so expensive I don’t. 🙂

Cheers
L-zr

Thanks I will probably try Rakza 7 instead of DNA Pro m .
My wife kinda likes my acoustic so it seems a good time to upgrade for me. Meanwhile I don't know if I will have a good control on a faster alc blade.

Any suggestion about whether provincial H3N is worth it? It's twice the price and I won't be able to boost it every month.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

That's probably the altitude haha, get done with equipment and start training. But I am really curious about FZD alc, everyone says it's good control racket.

I think it has the same structure as the viscaria. Just a rebranded one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk