T05 vs D05 vs D09c

This user has no status.
Hi guys,
I want to change my forehand rubber from Xiom omega 7 euro to T05 or D05 or D09C to have more speed & spin. I tried T05 1 year a go and I liked the amount of spin and speed , only it was to fast for me, so I went for xiom omega 7 euro. After 1 year of training I think I am up to upgrade to faster rubber for my forehand. I dought about these 3 rubbers , which one is best. I tried H3 neo and I didn't like it because it is to slow, or I don't have the strongest stroke to generate the amount of spin and speed I want. Any one has tried all these 3 rubbers(T05, D05, D09C) before who can share his experience? Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played all three.

I have also played Carbonado 145 which seemed quite hard for me. I would go for D05. Compared to T05, D05 is:
  1. Grippier on the topsheet = more spin
  2. Faster due to harder sponge
  3. A little heavier

D09C to Butterfly is like National H3 to DHS. I would suggest you to try D05 first before D09C which is a lot harder and heavier.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi guys,
I want to change my forehand rubber from Xiom omega 7 euro to T05 or D05 or D09C to have more speed & spin. I tried T05 1 year a go and I liked the amount of spin and speed , only it was to fast for me, so I went for xiom omega 7 euro. After 1 year of training I think I am up to upgrade to faster rubber for my forehand. I dought about these 3 rubbers , which one is best. I tried H3 neo and I didn't like it because it is to slow, or I don't have the strongest stroke to generate the amount of spin and speed I want. Any one has tried all these 3 rubbers(T05, D05, D09C) before who can share his experience? Thanks

T05 for me is the "worst" of the 3 unless you are very highly skilled.

It's very receptive to spin, has a huge bouncy/trampoline effect, and is not kind to people who aren't at the top of their game.

D05 is more controlled, produces a little more spin whilst not being as receptive to spin - A great rubber, but one I would argue is still better for people who are very good players.

D09C of the three is the easiest to use, and probably the one I'd recommend to most people.

It's not too quick, has plenty of control, and still has the gears you need when attacking.

If you are someone who needs the rubber to do the work, go for D05.

If you currently find the ball going long more often than not (because you are overhitting), go for D09C.

Reactions: SamTheMan

T05 for me is the "worst" of the 3 unless you are very highly skilled.

It's very receptive to spin, has a huge bouncy/trampoline effect, and is not kind to people who aren't at the top of their game.

D05 is more controlled, produces a little more spin whilst not being as receptive to spin - A great rubber, but one I would argue is still better for people who are very good players.

D09C of the three is the easiest to use, and probably the one I'd recommend to most people.

It's not too quick, has plenty of control, and still has the gears you need when attacking.

If you are someone who needs the rubber to do the work, go for D05.

If you currently find the ball going long more often than not (because you are overhitting), go for D09C.

What if You put T19 in that formula, how does it compare. Do you know?

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: yoass

I've not used T19 extensively I'm afraid.

I think T19 would fall around the D05 mark (a little slower perhaps, but more control than T05).

But it's not a rubber I've used much at all.

Not too far from my own guess (but closer to T05). Will find out eventually.

Thanks and Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
Thanks for the advise! So D05 is faster , more spin and more controllable than T05, sound fine for me. But it is a bit heavier. Weight matters also for me since I want to keep it light setup. Do you know how much D05 is heavier than T05 and how much D09C is heavier than T05 in grams?
I have played all three.

I have also played Carbonado 145 which seemed quite hard for me. I would go for D05. Compared to T05, D05 is:
  1. Grippier on the topsheet = more spin
  2. Faster due to harder sponge
  3. A little heavier

D09C to Butterfly is like National H3 to DHS. I would suggest you to try D05 first before D09C which is a lot harder and heavier.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
....or I don't have the strongest stroke to generate the amount of spin and speed I want. Any one has tried all these 3 rubbers(T05, D05, D09C) before who can share his experience? Thanks
Sorry, reading between the lines here: if the reason you want a faster rubber is that your FH power is not strong enough, then probably you should not be changing rubbers, or maybe you should even be changing to something a little slower that will make you work a little harder.

In the long run, it is most likely that that approach is what will make your FH technique better and your FH stroke more powerful.

Table tennis is a technical game/sport. The ball is very light. The racket is very light. You really don't need much power to make the ball really go fast and spinny. Most of what it takes is good technique: fast racket speed, synergistic use of legs, weight transfer, hips, core rotation, upper body synced up with upper arm, lower arm and wrist, and how you contact the ball, which also means, how you track and intercept the ball (all of that is part of good technique).

Now, if it is just that you want something faster so the rubber does the work and you don't want to, as long as you know, long term, this could slow your technical improvement in TT. And if you don't care about that, then go for any of the three. But, if you want to get your technique and your power better, so that when you use a rubber like D05, your technique can get a lot out of the rubber that the rubber is capable of giving you, then you may want to wait longer.

All this being said, I don't think anyone has seen you play. Do you have any footage of you playing? Without people seeing your skill level and technique, I would not trust someone online to give you advice about equipment that will actually fit your needs. The people who have responded so far in this thread are top quality and know equipment so you are getting as good advice as you could without them seeing you.

But if you want advice that really fits your actual needs, it would be worth posting some footage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
827eb33bdbc96cf81b23f833e49a647a.jpg

a0ba592acd41ca4aab1b8e0e6a06310d.jpg

Dignics 05 on my FH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Neseem
This user has no status.
I really appreciate your reply and advice :)

Not wanting to make stronger/powerful/wild swings because of an old shoulder injury. Table tennis ball and racket are indeed very light but it got my shoulder injured long time ago. But I want indeed to develop my techniek to make efficiant stokes that generate quality shots. I understand from you and the others and also done some reading, that only power will unlock the potential of a hard rubber. I've also tried soft rubbers but didn't liked it. So I think medium/ medium-hard rubber is more suitable for me, and that's makes T05 a potential future kandidate.

Unfortunately I never have had any footage of me playing table tennis. I'll try to make one and really appreciate your offer to review it.
Thanks!
Sorry, reading between the lines here: if the reason you want a faster rubber is that your FH power is not strong enough, then probably you should not be changing rubbers, or maybe you should even be changing to something a little slower that will make you work a little harder.

In the long run, it is most likely that that approach is what will make your FH technique better and your FH stroke more powerful.

Table tennis is a technical game/sport. The ball is very light. The racket is very light. You really don't need much power to make the ball really go fast and spinny. Most of what it takes is good technique: fast racket speed, synergistic use of legs, weight transfer, hips, core rotation, upper body synced up with upper arm, lower arm and wrist, and how you contact the ball, which also means, how you track and intercept the ball (all of that is part of good technique).

Now, if it is just that you want something faster so the rubber does the work and you don't want to, as long as you know, long term, this could slow your technical improvement in TT. And if you don't care about that, then go for any of the three. But, if you want to get your technique and your power better, so that when you use a rubber like D05, your technique can get a lot out of the rubber that the rubber is capable of giving you, then you may want to wait longer.

All this being said, I don't think anyone has seen you play. Do you have any footage of you playing? Without people seeing your skill level and technique, I would not trust someone online to give you advice about equipment that will actually fit your needs. The people who have responded so far in this thread are top quality and know equipment so you are getting as good advice as you could without them seeing you.

But if you want advice that really fits your actual needs, it would be worth posting some footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I really appreciate your reply and advice :)

Not wanting to make stronger/powerful/wild swings because of an old shoulder injury. Table tennis ball and racket are indeed very light but it got my shoulder injured long time ago. But I want indeed to develop my techniek to make efficiant stokes that generate quality shots. I understand from you and the others and also done some reading, that only power will unlock the potential of a hard rubber. I've also tried soft rubbers but didn't liked it. So I think medium/ medium-hard rubber is more suitable for me, and that's makes T05 a potential future kandidate.

Unfortunately I never have had any footage of me playing table tennis. I'll try to make one and really appreciate your offer to review it.
Thanks!
Well, working with a shoulder injury does mean you need to consider that.

But how you touch the ball and how you use your legs, weight transfer, core rotation upper body to help generate power can still give you more power and if you are doing those things well, that can help you keep that shoulder protected.

Also, I think D05 and D09c are harder than Tenergy so, based on the shoulder injury, you probably don't want a rubber as hard as D05 or D09c.

And from the standpoint of your shoulder injury, you probably want to do some physical therapy or related exercises that can help make the shoulder improve some. It is easy to injure your shoulder in TT by using too much arm, not using enough body, trying too hard and not having efficient technique. If your technique is good, you can make a very small stroke, and still have lots of speed and power. So, a good stroke and good technique is much more about how efficient you are in transferring power into the ball.

So, without seeing you, I still would say, stick with what you are using. But you seeing footage of yourself would most likely help you improve and there are many good players on this forum who would be able to help you with Video Analysis to help you improve. Have a look at this thread:

Video Footage Safe Thread

That is a link to a thread where anyone can post footage. But the only people who are allowed to give constructive feedback on the thread are fairly high level players who have some experience help others improve.

Reactions: Neseem and Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
BTW, last night I played a match and my team mate(way higher ranking than me) had the BH I always dreamed about. Ultra fast, super spinny all with a pin point precision. When I asked what is he using on the BH he told me "Oh, I use a softer rubber for more control and easy spin" The rubber was O7Euro

• Love
Reactions: Neseem
This user has no status.
Thanks a lot for your advice! I am convinced. I'll stick with my current setup and try to focus on improving the technique and body movement. Today I played with my current setup and I was doing very well, I'll participatie in competitions next season with my current setup and will see how it goes. Also taking your advice I will do fitness and that could improve my shoulder injury. Thanks for your advice again :)
Well, working with a shoulder injury does mean you need to consider that.

But how you touch the ball and how you use your legs, weight transfer, core rotation upper body to help generate power can still give you more power and if you are doing those things well, that can help you keep that shoulder protected.

Also, I think D05 and D09c are harder than Tenergy so, based on the shoulder injury, you probably don't want a rubber as hard as D05 or D09c.

And from the standpoint of your shoulder injury, you probably want to do some physical therapy or related exercises that can help make the shoulder improve some. It is easy to injure your shoulder in TT by using too much arm, not using enough body, trying too hard and not having efficient technique. If your technique is good, you can make a very small stroke, and still have lots of speed and power. So, a good stroke and good technique is much more about how efficient you are in transferring power into the ball.

So, without seeing you, I still would say, stick with what you are using. But you seeing footage of yourself would most likely help you improve and there are many good players on this forum who would be able to help you with Video Analysis to help you improve. Have a look at this thread:

Video Footage Safe Thread

That is a link to a thread where anyone can post footage. But the only people who are allowed to give constructive feedback on the thread are fairly high level players who have some experience help others improve.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Cool :)
BTW, last night I played a match and my team mate(way higher ranking than me) had the BH I always dreamed about. Ultra fast, super spinny all with a pin point precision. When I asked what is he using on the BH he told me "Oh, I use a softer rubber for more control and easy spin" The rubber was O7Euro