What rubbers to change to?

This user has no status.
Hi, I’ve been playing with Aurus Sound 2.1mm on both sides on my Viscaria. My play style is allround attacker, so I can play short game and looping game if needed. The Aurus Sound is good but the spin is a bit meh and the rubbers are loosing their power already even though they have been boosted.

Im looking for something with similar speed or a bit faster and more spinnier. Mainly Tibhar rubbers as they are our clubs favourite and we can get them easily.

The other day I was looking at Tibhar Hybrid K1 and heard that it was quite spinny like h3 but still had decent speed. I also looked at Aurus Select but my teammate who used it some years ago said that it’s very similar and the durability was even worse.

So if any of y’all have something that would be spinny, controllable and still has the same speed or a bit more than the Aurus Sound from Tibhar I would appreciate that. Thanks.

Tibhar sound is a very soft rubber, what comes to mind as a step up would be FXS. However I do not like Tibhar one bit…

Go to their manufacturers homepage, they have good descriptions there. Use google to search if you do not have a link.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
Tibhar sound is a very soft rubber, what comes to mind as a step up would be FXS. However I do not like Tibhar one bit…

Go to their manufacturers homepage, they have good descriptions there. Use google to search if you do not have a link.

Cheers
L-zr

I’ve played with harder rubbers before and I think I like them more. But thanks I’ll check their homepage.

This user has no status.

Cheers
L-zr

Also EL-S sounds nice. I looked at the reviews and they said it’s nicely balanced.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
EL-S has more catapult and more grip, easier to put out a higher quality shot, but also runs higher risk of slinging the ball over and off the table if you aren't careful. Rozena has that spring sponge feeling and you can hit quite fast but spin is not its strong suit, however overall control is very high. I felt like it was easier to loop vs backspin using the EL-S though, it had a higher arc

This user has no status.
I think I’ll go with the FXS, when I looked at my opponents rackets at the division tournament last weekend, almost all had ELS on their rackets. But they were using an allwood blade. So I’ll choose a softer and slower rubber to compensate with my blades speed (viscaria). And also it isn’t as much of a sponge hardness jump, than if I would have gone with the els. Thanks all.

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I think I’ll go with the FXS, when I looked at my opponents rackets at the division tournament last weekend, almost all had ELS on their rackets. But they were using an allwood blade. So I’ll choose a softer and slower rubber to compensate with my blades speed (viscaria). And also it isn’t as much of a sponge hardness jump, than if I would have gone with the els. Thanks all.

Good day to you sir,

What is the sponge thickness you will go with the FX-S ? 2.1 or 2.0 or 1.9 thickness.

Thank you,
Best regards

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
If you like more flat hits use Rozena, if you ise also spiny shots than use for
Bh: andro hexer grip sfx, donic m3 or tibhar fx-p, xiom vega europe
Fh (just a bit harder and faster, not much) : Tibhar el-p, Andro R42, donic m2, butterfly 80fx
Also I recommend blade TSP balsa 5.5 or 6.5 (light with min vibrations... I iuse 6.5 and I like it.)
​​​​​
​​​​

This user has no status.
If your worried about durability go with butterfly; anything in the evolution series is honestly a competitor for the tenergy line at a lower price and cost of durability with less performance overall but still great rubbers but not to the level of tenergy anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you… but if your tight on money or don’t want to spend too much it’s great for its price and for what it is