DHS H3 from EU store is higher quality than from China (Aliexpress)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Has anyone noticed that DHS (particularly H3) purchased from EU stores is better quality than for example Aliexpress? I'm not dissing on Aliexpress nor the sellers there, it's just weird when I bought H3 or H3-50 from EU store I got a much better sheet than from Aliexpress. It could be just luck but we already know DHS is sorting their rubbers based on quality is there an EU commercial and China commercial grade too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
This has been the opposite of my experience, been very happy with aliexpress. Out of maybe 10 sheets, I've had only 1 from aliexpress form a bubble after boosting, but i think this was my own fault, the rest have been great. I've tried ordering 3 sheets from EU stores - 2 of them were cut wrong, the logo was nowhere close to the middle - almost didn't fit my blade. Didnt like the way the last one played, but that was probably just the softness (37 deg)

Has anyone noticed that DHS (particularly H3) purchased from EU stores is better quality than for example Aliexpress? I'm not dissing on Aliexpress nor the sellers there, it's just weird when I bought H3 or H3-50 from EU store I got a much better sheet than from Aliexpress. It could be just luck but we already know DHS is sorting their rubbers based on quality is there an EU commercial and China commercial grade too?
You are probably getting fakes .

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This has been the opposite of my experience, been very happy with aliexpress. Out of maybe 10 sheets, I've had only 1 from aliexpress form a bubble after boosting, but i think this was my own fault, the rest have been great. I've tried ordering 3 sheets from EU stores - 2 of them were cut wrong, the logo was nowhere close to the middle - almost didn't fit my blade. Didnt like the way the last one played, but that was probably just the softness (37 deg)

I also never liked my 37, boosted and not boosted. Still, it is surely a good rubber but not in my hands 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I doubt I am getting fakes from the big Aliexpress sellers, and I don't even see why anyone would try to fake commercial H3N, it's pretty darn cheap to begin with. They all had the authentication hologram and every little detail between the sheets I bought in the past matches.

I had some issues where the sheets were not cut straight, that was with red sheets only, but this is something I don't care much about even if the logo is not centered I wouldn't care too much.

I mean in play for some reason the sheets from EU stores were better. Those were all more elastic and not so rigid. I bought a H3-50 once and that sheet was super clicky and alive, then I bought the same from Aliexpress and it was quite dead in comparison.

I normally would prefer the Aliexpress sellers since some let me chose from hardness between 37-41 and they have 2.1, 2.15 and 2.2mm thicknesses. EU stores don't have this variety of choice, the rubber has either soft, medium or hard sponge and thickness availability sometimes is not even selectable or I order 2.1mm and they send 2.15 or 2.2mm.

If I only got 1 or 2 sheets from EU where the rubber played better, then sure I won the caoutchouc lottery but it's been like 4-5 times already which made me question why is it.

This user has no status.
I doubt I am getting fakes from the big Aliexpress sellers, and I don't even see why anyone would try to fake commercial H3N, it's pretty darn cheap to begin with. They all had the authentication hologram and every little detail between the sheets I bought in the past matches.

I had some issues where the sheets were not cut straight, that was with red sheets only, but this is something I don't care much about even if the logo is not centered I wouldn't care too much.

I mean in play for some reason the sheets from EU stores were better. Those were all more elastic and not so rigid. I bought a H3-50 once and that sheet was super clicky and alive, then I bought the same from Aliexpress and it was quite dead in comparison.

I normally would prefer the Aliexpress sellers since some let me chose from hardness between 37-41 and they have 2.1, 2.15 and 2.2mm thicknesses. EU stores don't have this variety of choice, the rubber has either soft, medium or hard sponge and thickness availability sometimes is not even selectable or I order 2.1mm and they send 2.15 or 2.2mm.

If I only got 1 or 2 sheets from EU where the rubber played better, then sure I won the caoutchouc lottery but it's been like 4-5 times already which made me question why is it.

Yes, that's right, many shops in the EU offer the hardness as soft, mid or hard with a stated thickness of 2.1mm, there is no other choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I bought from your store before, and there at least you note soft means 37-38deg, medium is 39 and hard is 40-41deg and I think you had options for all 3 thicknesses. Other EU stores don't even say what soft, medium and hard means which is really lazy on their part.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I bought from your store before, and there at least you note soft means 37-38deg, medium is 39 and hard is 40-41deg and I think you had options for all 3 thicknesses. Other EU stores don't even say what soft, medium and hard means which is really lazy on their part.

NO , itis not laziness, it is done for reasons of indemnification. According to EU laws if you say it is 38 - it must be 38
If you however say soft medium and hard it is not a measurable quantity and nobody can legally act against the seller.

This user has no status.

It is as you say! We have feedback from customers who say they are happy with an offer that lists hardnesses and thicknesses, because otherwise they would be buying "rabbits in a bag".

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

It is as you say! We have feedback from customers who say they are happy with an offer that lists hardnesses and thicknesses, because otherwise they would be buying "rabbits in a bag".

no doubt about it.
The truth however might well be that the customers are still buying a rabbit in a bag.
This kind of cheap mass-production simply can not guarantee consistency and every batch will be different.
Yes, by the time we are buying one unit retail they still cost quite a bit of money but as they leave a
factory and are sold in the thousands they go for just a few dollars each.
You can check this on Alibaba, the wholesale branch of aliexpress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

no doubt about it.
The truth however might well be that the customers are still buying a rabbit in a bag.
This kind of cheap mass-production simply can not guarantee consistency and every batch will be different.
Yes, by the time we are buying one unit retail they still cost quite a bit of money but as they leave a

Well it wouldn't shock me if the total cost of a H3N is around 5-7USD and the rest is profit, markup, VAT and possibly transport costs.
It also wouldn't shock me if a Tenergy was 10USD out of the factory. And sure there are R&D, tooling costs, player sponsorship costs etc, but like I'm sure H3 and Tenergy tooling costs are down to fractions of a cents per sheet along with R&D costs. These must be the most mass-produced rubbers in the world.

I do not know how H3 is produced, but by the metric tons they must produce daily DHS _should_ really have the process down to perfect.
DHS topsheets feel very uniform, but their sponges are just so messed up for some reason. On H3N I can imagine that their boosting method is not that great and possibly not even consistent, but with the 3-50s I had I have no idea what happened, the #50 sponge is not boosted.

Are normal H3s inconsistent too or just the Neos?

This user has no status.

no doubt about it.

Alibaba is very expensive!!!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well it wouldn't shock me if the total cost of a H3N is around 5-7USD and the rest is profit, markup, VAT and possibly transport costs.
It also wouldn't shock me if a Tenergy was 10USD out of the factory. And sure there are R&D, tooling costs, player sponsorship costs etc, but like I'm sure H3 and Tenergy tooling costs are down to fractions of a cents per sheet along with R&D costs. These must be the most mass-produced rubbers in the world.

I do not know how H3 is produced, but by the metric tons they must produce daily DHS _should_ really have the process down to perfect.
DHS topsheets feel very uniform, but their sponges are just so messed up for some reason. On H3N I can imagine that their boosting method is not that great and possibly not even consistent, but with the 3-50s I had I have no idea what happened, the #50 sponge is not boosted.

Are normal H3s inconsistent too or just the Neos?

standard H3s are also inconsistent

Reactions: merlin el mago