Wood vs Composite and rubber combinations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
All-wood (sweden extra, osp expert etc) with hard rubbers (>48, Rasanter r48, dignics 80 etc) or composite (e.g. Viscaria) with softer rubbers (<45, Rasanter r45, Tenergy 05fx). What differences can I expect from these two combinations? Which combination is more balanced in terms of speed, spin and control (shortplay, blocking)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
All wood with hard rubbers by far: you experience sensations from the blade, it's the most important part of the racket. Composite like Viscaria with soft rubbers is not worth, composite like glassfiber is something to consider on the other hand with soft rubbers. The YSE with Rakza Z, both extra and regular versions, is simply awesome.

The problem is Viscaria is hard, it cuts the sensations, a softer and less speedy composite blades gives way better results.

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I read you should start with slow blade and slow rubber and then upgrade rubber first and then finally to a faster blade when you master the fast rubber.

I have not tried fast blade and slow rubber though but i started with a fast blade and regretted it.

Reactions: matti77 and OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I think we're at an era that it's always hard rubbers.
Then the blade is whatever you can handle.
Softer rubbers are fine until you face someone that hits hard loops

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
The difficulty is that Viscaria is so tough that it cuts the feelings, while a softer and slower composite blade produces far better outcomes.

Reactions: OldUser