What is your favorite brand?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree with you guys!

This thread is so old and I was wondering how two threads with the same title were floating around. Back then I thought Stiga was the best. I liked Stiga. I still like Stiga's inexpensive all wood blades. I think some of their expensive all wood blades are good too. But, as a brand I think Stiga is a little bit lax on the quality control issue. Some of their stuff is great, and some of their stuff is DEFECTIVE.

Butterfly, their all wood blades are not really that good. They have a few that are okay but they are overpriced. They make great technology blades. They make the best fancy, expensive, technology blades out there. The ones with Carbon and a soft plastic like Zylon or Arylate. Or with just Zylon or Arylate and no Carbon. Really those (the ZLF and AL blades) are the best blades they make. The quality is good. But they are just too OVERPRICED. It is not that they are expensive. It is that they cost more than they should. So, since Butterfly inflates their prices, I don't like them as a company. I can say the same about rubbers. For years Tenergy had been the best rubber. But they charge too much. However, now their is a rubber that is better for the plastic ball than Tenergy: Victas V>01 Stiff or Limber (stiff and limber are used to indicate hard or soft). This rubber is amazing for the new Poly ball and it is by TSP. So, finally there is something that is better than Tenergy. And it costs considerably less.

So, right now, my favorite company is OSP (Old Stiga Palatinus). They make handmade, all wood blades in Hungary that try to recreate the feel that Stiga used to get in the 1970-80s when they made their classic blades with care. When they tried to make quality products. So, because this company's goal is to make high quality products where the blade gives you MORE FEEL, I like that they are coming from the right place in their goals as a company.

http://ospblades.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I also noticed that there was two different threads.. Very good explanation UpSideDownCarl, I agree that Butterfly makes some good thinks but as you say, so overpriced! I'm also a big fan of Stiga blades and hopes that the new Carbon blades will perform. I don't think I have tried any OSP blades but will definitely look in to it!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I switched to Victas..
New brand by Koji Matsushita, very good quality and good price too. I have blade Victas and also my FH rubber is Victas.
I also like some Donic and TSP, my BH rubber is Donic and I have TSP T-Shirts and TSP training balls are the best ;)

By Victas do you mean the rubber? I just got that too. Designed for the plastic ball. It is the only thing that really really grabs the poly ball that well. I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
By Victas do you mean the rubber? I just got that too. Designed for the plastic ball. It is the only thing that really really grabs the poly ball that well. I like it a lot.
Yep I got Victas V>01 black rubber on my forehand. I also have Fire Fall AC blade that is really cool too :)
For backhand Donis bluefire fits me better ;)
Victas is very good rubber, but it is not for lazy players, you have to be active to achieve what you want, but it has great feel and amazing spin.
I can do really good chop serve with that, many players put it into the net when I serve..

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl