Wang Hao Injured

This user has no status.
Wang Hao with Acute Gastroenteritis

The Round 16 was the end for the Olympic delegate Wang Hao in the recently concluded 2012 China Open Men Singles. He lost the round against Hong Kong's Jiang Tianyi in a close encounter of seven sets. After the match, it was reported that Wang Hao was suffering from stomach pains. At the end of the day, head coach Liu Guoliang confirmed that Wang Hao went to the hospital and was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis.

haoinjury.jpg

Wang Hao - Photo by: Scott Heavey/Getty Images Europe

Wang Hao the singles play for China in the London 2012 Olympics!

"I was just relatively lucky." Jiang Tianyi exclaimed. At the same time, Jiang Tianyi also saw Wang Hao's poor physical condition. "Wang Hao may have some problems physically. His performance against me was not good." Jiang Tianyi added. Lastly, his victory against Wang Hao made the Hong Kong player really pleased. "Winning against Chinese players is every athlete's desire.

Ma Long, Wang Hao's doubles partner who answered questions. "Wang Hao is indeed feeling uncomfortable physically. This could have affected his performance in the Singles." Ma Long said.

At the end of the day, head coach Liu Guoliang reported on Wang Hao's physical condition. "This morning, Wang Hao said that he is having an upset stomach. It was quite unexpected." Liu Guoliang confirmed. Meanwhile, the head coach also said that after the day's matches, Wang Hao went to the hospital. After his check-up, it was found that Wang Hao had acute gastroenteritis and the appendix was also a bit swollen.

"Wang Hao's loss in the Singles was also brought by the stomach pain which prevented him to move freely in the arena. However, in the match, I also saw that Wang Hao was not able to grasp his opportunities in some critical points. This is also one main reason for his loss." Liu Guoliang added.

The head coach confirmed that in addition to health reasons, there were also technical problems in Wang Hao's performance. "Losing a game before the Olympics is not a bad thing. In addition, Jiang Tianyi is a former Chinese Team player so both of them are quite familiar with each other. Jiang Tianyi was quite fierce in his performance today." Liu Guoliang concluded.

Article thanks to tabletennista.com

Reactions: Romina

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Psst Judah, thanks for the article but..
In the past I have copied an article from TableTennisTa and Dan told me not to do it since it is TableTennisTa's copyright.
You know, you could rewrite the article in your own words but please do NOT port the article here.

Thanks for the understanding man (y)

Yeah, just edited the article and showed tabletennista sourced it. But yes in future we need to just mention I think with reference to tabletennista :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
g

Psst Judah, thanks for the article but..
In the past I have copied an article from TableTennisTa and Dan told me not to do it since it is TableTennisTa's copyright.
You know, you could rewrite the article in your own words but please do NOT port the article here.

Thanks for the understanding man (y)

I am soooo sorry sir. I really didnt know that it was illegal. :(

Next time I would not/never do it again.