Teaching a robot TT

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, just stumbled across this video on youtube, very impressive how it manages to hit balls back towards the end of the video! Check it out!

teachrobottt.jpg

This video demonstrates how a Barrett WAM arm uses our mixture of motor primitives (MoMP) algorithm to learn successful hitting movements in table tennis using imitation and reinforcement Learning.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hahaa in the near future I hope there are textbook table tennis robot player which we can set into different styles of playing, probably imitating pros too..

and this video here is probably showing us one of the stepping stones :)

Very true Yosua! I believe technology is advancing so fast right now, that this may become a reality sooner than we think. I remember being in school and my science teacher told me soon ill be about to do video talks on my phone within 3 years. I thought it was impossible but it happened within 2 years :)

If researchers are using the latest technology on these prototypes will soon see something remarkable.

I believe this robot (video below) could possibly beat someone who has never touched a bat before :)

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
The little guy in the middle keeps track of the ball, his head going left to right 150 times :p
Would like to see some topspin though :)