My tournament video (latest)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Wooohoooo!!! :) Great match!! hehe If I can only have 1 comment, I would have to say that your FH needs a little bit of work. You were missing some candy FHs there buddy. I bet you can put away those FH in training. Maybe nerves got the best of you. But all in all, a very good calculative game from you. And btw, great serves haha I felt sorry for the other guy hehe

Wooohoooo!!! :) Great match!! hehe If I can only have 1 comment, I would have to say that your FH needs a little bit of work. You were missing some candy FHs there buddy. I bet you can put away those FH in training. Maybe nerves got the best of you. But all in all, a very good calculative game from you. And btw, great serves haha I felt sorry for the other guy hehe

Thanks Sir! I think my body just got cold that time... I was waiting for a long time to be called then i fell a little bit asleep then BAMMM!
surprisingly my name got called and my body was just too cold :)
I am trying to imitate the Wang Liqin serve cuz it has a lot of concealing in it..
BTW don't sympathize with my opponent, He is Ma Long hahahha :))) just joking :))

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Renz! :)

I dunno what it is but I feel proud watching you in a TTD top and watching your progress throughout your career! Your improvement is phenomenal! When you play, your playing like a pro, with the right intentions to win.

Some feedback for you to work on.. I think your serves are great, for now I think you need to work on your receive of serve. A lot of times you was under pressure on your receive of serve. You popped the ball up, miss read the spin etc. Below how to improve this..

- Practice more touch play and flicks (when player serves to your middle/fh, flick the ball when it is float or try to keep low on the touch)
- When the ball is half long to your backhand, be sure to backhand topspin it, you pushed far to many. Or backhand flick.
- Do more multiball with half long ball (rather then full long backspin balls)

With your forehand topspin, the reason why some are missing on a backspin ball is because your legs are not being used. They bend, but they don't excute the momentum when you play the forehand. (Look at Zhang Jike's legs below)

Anyhow, keep working hard Renz and keep us posted! Great work!

Reactions: Giangt
Hahaha Ma Long playing like Joo? :) So, what was the final result? How far did you go buddy?
Yeah a JOO-MA sort of stuff.
I lost to guy from college at the quarter-finals :)
I dunno, i was just too passive and cold . :((((

Reactions: Dan
Hey Renz! :)

I dunno what it is but I feel proud watching you in a TTD top and watching your progress throughout your career! Your improvement is phenomenal! When you play, your playing like a pro, with the right intentions to win.

Some feedback for you to work on.. I think your serves are great, for now I think you need to work on your receive of serve. A lot of times you was under pressure on your receive of serve. You popped the ball up, miss read the spin etc. Below how to improve this..

- Practice more touch play and flicks (when player serves to your middle/fh, flick the ball when it is float or try to keep low on the touch)
- When the ball is half long to your backhand, be sure to backhand topspin it, you pushed far to many. Or backhand flick.
- Do more multiball with half long ball (rather then full long backspin balls)

With your forehand topspin, the reason why some are missing on a backspin ball is because your legs are not being used. They bend, but they don't excute the momentum when you play the forehand. (Look at Zhang Jike's legs below)

Anyhow, keep working hard Renz and keep us posted! Great work!
Thanks Sir Dan!
I was a bit anxious on using my backhand loop as a primary offense starter :(
I already developed a backhand loop against backspin stroke and i got many comments from other people saying that it's "beautiful"
and that it has decent spin in it, but surprisingly i didn't use it in this game :)
I am still practicing the weight shifting ATM and i dont know if there is any development :???

nice game. i was there although i just watched and didnt compete, actually i saw you play, its a good game
hI SIR!!! May I know your name?? Btw way thanks for watching :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Watched the one vid. For your level, you get by just fine. Your serve is above your level and your receive is at or below your level and is killing you. Once you get better body preparation, you will land those power FHs. You are already landing those spinny slow FH loops. Stay in hte fight dude. Making the round or 8 in a tourney that appeared to be kinda large is a good progress, but there is only one winner, so let be you in a few tourneys dude.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I think I might have some good ideas for your game:

1. Most importantly: your footwork!
--> Whenever your opponent serves short, you just stay where you are and extend your arm. This results in a huge amount of balls going into the net.
=====> To receive short serves, you MUST step in (with your foot under the table) and make sure your upper body is over the table. An extended arm always results in loss of control!

--> Whenever you see your opponent is about to attack, you take too many steps back. The good chopped balls which you want to achieve should have a nearly horizontal path. If you step back too far, you have to chop too low, needing to lift the ball UP. This is verrrrry difficult and gives your opponent a high ball to smash on.
==> If you know your push or chop is low and spinny, then stay closer to the table as your opponent has no other option but to put all his power in the spin and very little power in the speed of the ball. If your opponent gets an easier ball, on which he can generate a lot of speed, THEN you have to take a few steps back.

--> For EVERY ball you play, you have to force your body in the best possible position. Too many times you are out of balance at the moment you hit the ball. This makes hitting this one ball difficult, but hitting the next ball nearly impossible since you have very little time to recover your balance. I'm also referring to the stretched arm - thing here, since this stretched arm is an immediate result of a non-optimal positioning.
====> Looking at all the top players, you will notice that whenever they lose their balance, they are almost certain to lose the point.

2. Lowering your body.
--> By bending your knees more and leaning on the front of your feet instead of on your heels, you will immediately play a better blocking and spinning game.
(This will also help you to maintain balance)

3. Service
Your service would improve even more if you hit the ball lower. This will keep your second bounce also lower and more difficult for your opponent to attack.

4. Attacking
--> You got a few really easy 'high' balls to your forehand which you pushed back. You really have to learn to attack these balls. Think about Joo Se Hyuk, the master defender... Whenever his opponent pushes the ball back too high, he comes in for the attack. This puts a LOT of pressure on your opponent and he will start making mistakes because he is afraid you will punish him for any ball a little too high. Now your opponent can just sit back and relax and wait for a nice and high ball for HIM to attack on...

I'm sorry if I would be sounding harsch in any way, but you asked for advice, so I decided to give you some :p

You have some nice skills there and if you pay attention to my advice you will soon rise a few levels, I promise :D

I had this situation many times ! Sometimes it irritates , especially when you are surrounded by emotions )) :D
p.s nice game ))
And that situation occurs often in tournaments that hold many clubs with just few tables :(

I think I might have some good ideas for your game:

1. Most importantly: your footwork!
--> Whenever your opponent serves short, you just stay where you are and extend your arm. This results in a huge amount of balls going into the net.
=====> To receive short serves, you MUST step in (with your foot under the table) and make sure your upper body is over the table. An extended arm always results in loss of control!

--> Whenever you see your opponent is about to attack, you take too many steps back. The good chopped balls which you want to achieve should have a nearly horizontal path. If you step back too far, you have to chop too low, needing to lift the ball UP. This is verrrrry difficult and gives your opponent a high ball to smash on.
==> If you know your push or chop is low and spinny, then stay closer to the table as your opponent has no other option but to put all his power in the spin and very little power in the speed of the ball. If your opponent gets an easier ball, on which he can generate a lot of speed, THEN you have to take a few steps back.

--> For EVERY ball you play, you have to force your body in the best possible position. Too many times you are out of balance at the moment you hit the ball. This makes hitting this one ball difficult, but hitting the next ball nearly impossible since you have very little time to recover your balance. I'm also referring to the stretched arm - thing here, since this stretched arm is an immediate result of a non-optimal positioning.
====> Looking at all the top players, you will notice that whenever they lose their balance, they are almost certain to lose the point.

2. Lowering your body.
--> By bending your knees more and leaning on the front of your feet instead of on your heels, you will immediately play a better blocking and spinning game.
(This will also help you to maintain balance)

3. Service
Your service would improve even more if you hit the ball lower. This will keep your second bounce also lower and more difficult for your opponent to attack.

4. Attacking
--> You got a few really easy 'high' balls to your forehand which you pushed back. You really have to learn to attack these balls. Think about Joo Se Hyuk, the master defender... Whenever his opponent pushes the ball back too high, he comes in for the attack. This puts a LOT of pressure on your opponent and he will start making mistakes because he is afraid you will punish him for any ball a little too high. Now your opponent can just sit back and relax and wait for a nice and high ball for HIM to attack on...

I'm sorry if I would be sounding harsch in any way, but you asked for advice, so I decided to give you some :p

You have some nice skills there and if you pay attention to my advice you will soon rise a few levels, I promise :D
Uhm sir! I am the one attacking hahah :)
Btw thanks for the tips though :)
I was planning to do some defensive play too :)

This user has no status.
WOW. galing naman ni idol.

There is just A little thing about you forehand.

You missed quite a number of candy balls like what sir azlan said. He said to me before that balls that goes out of the table, high balls, and no spin balls, are bad balls. When yuor parent sees you are doing bad they punish you for being bad, right? So is with TT.

credits to Sir azlan for teaching me this lesson.

Cool stuff Renz!
I don't know what to say haha, I am probably still below your level of play ;)

Good job and keep training those monster FHs :)

why call it monster FH??? i mean my loops are slow hahha :)

WOW. galing naman ni idol.

There is just A little thing about you forehand.

You missed quite a number of candy balls like what sir azlan said. He said to me before that balls that goes out of the table, high balls, and no spin balls, are bad balls. When yuor parent sees you are doing bad they punish you for being bad, right? So is with TT.

credits to Sir azlan for teaching me this lesson.

Hahhah its seems to me that U and sir Azlan have a good COACH-PLAYER relationship like Me and Sir Matt :)))))