Anybody know the division system in Korea

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey dude, I waz at my Korean TT club doing my lesson and playing my matches, so I couldn't get to TTD so soon dude.

I post about this pretty often.

Yes, everyone gets classified into divisions and in singles, you play in your division, unless there are not enough players to make a big bracket, so often in a local tourney, div 1 and div 2 are conbined with div 2 getting a 2 point handicap each game.

There are 3 standards: City, Regional, and National. I am div 2 in my city, div 3 in Seoul RR, and div 4 in National tourneys.

In my city, there is only down to div 5, then there is HOPE div, which is newb division. Some TT club tourneys will have down to a div 7 level!

There are still people who have their coach place them in a lower division so they do not get knocked out so soon. Div 4 national leel is the toughest as there are out of 200 players at least 15 are clearly super-strong div 3 players or div 2 players.

Our tourneys are super inexpensive and we have a ball.

If you play team event and a div 2 player meets a div 4 player, the div 4 player gets a 3 point handicap using the 2+1 system.