Education of Ma Long

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
We all know Ma Long on a professional level. He is a young and powerful table tennis player and so far the strongest contender for the London Olympics. However, what we didn't know or know little about is his personal side. His attitudes and usual reactions on things. On this article, we will be able to take a glimpse on how Ma Long outside the arena with his coach, with his teammates, and even with children.

Probably one of the few persons who knows Ma Long very well would be his coach Qin Zhijian. The coach has been taking care of Ma Long long enough for him to witness the development in his career and personality as well. Generally, Qin Zhijian sees Ma Long as a person with childlike personalities.

The first impression on Ma Long is usually a silent person. Even after winning a certain match, Ma Long's words are usually minimal and inexpressive despite the rush and excitement. Aside from being silent, Ma Long is also a very shy person. He would easily blush and get embarrassed whenever he is being teased by his teammates and the coaches.

Just like most of the kids, Ma Long would cry whenever he losses in the game when he was still young. He would chase his opponent holding his racket and will force to continue the game so that he will have his chance to win. In addition, Ma Long also had a hard time managing his frustrations outside the arena. He would occasionally smash the mouse when playing the computer if the Internet ran too slow or there is a sudden loss of power.

Despite that, Ma Long did not grow up angry and has managed his disappointments in a more matured manner. As of now, Ma Long uses his frustrations as his motivating factors. In addition, Ma Long already has the courage to face anyone after losing a game.

Meanwhile, Ma Long also doesn't want to be alone. "I do not like living alone. I want to have a companion in the quarters. At night, I usually sleep early. He can watch TV and its okay if he sleeps late but the sound of the TV should not be too loud." Ma Long said.

With that inner child in him, Ma Long shows interest in playing with children. In China, there are many public service activities that are being arranged for athletes to interact with young students. Every time, Ma Long among other players will actively participate in the event and play with the children happily. When Qin Zhijian's family visited Beijing recently, Ma Long particularly liked to play with his master's son and usually boasted the child as "very cute."

In addition, communication is a challenge for Ma Long. "I am not good in communication but coach Qin is. Now, we can eat and drink just like friends. Sometimes, we do not talk about table tennis. We felt a lot closer recently and I can now vent out to him naturally." Ma Long said.

In one of the difficult times of Ma Long, especially after returning from the Rotterdam World Championships, the communication between the teacher and the student was tested. The two did not talk for awhile and Ma Long went alone into the Super League. That actually lasted for about a month's time."During that period, I did not say anything. What I gave him is some time and space while he was in pain." Qin Zhijian admitted. Qin Zhijian has once described Ma Long's answers to be vague. Something like if asked to choose between white or black, Ma Long will choose gray.

We are all aware that Ma Long shows great dedication on his goals, but he is always preoccupied with things. His mind is filled with countless scores from his game. Even when he lies in bed, his last match still plays in his head from time to time.

Ma Long may still have that childlike personality in him but what is important, especially for the coaches is that he would continue to improve on his craft and offer glory to his team.

Courtesy of tabletennista

Can't find anything about his earlier education yet:)

This user has no status.
azlan you are amazing...you are very very nice guy.
but you did not understand my meaning.
i know ma long for 5 year.i have 1 website about him.
i want to know schooling of ma long.ahhh...how can i say this...
my purpose is Education of Ma Long.
how much he Reading lessons in school?

I think he doesn't go to school(unless you mean table tennis school! haha) he really does table tennis full-time since young... been in the junior national team for quite a while I would say! He defeated Timo in 2005 when he was 15/16!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
In table tennis schools in China I believe the younger people practise like 5-6 hours a day, and they study 1-2 hours a day to make sure they have a decent chance of earning a living in a different way if they don't make it to the top. Only when they go full-prof they'll train 8 hours a day. But I don't know exactly what they study, maybe this is different per person.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
In table tennis schools in China I believe the younger people practise like 5-6 hours a day, and they study 1-2 hours a day to make sure they have a decent chance of earning a living in a different way if they don't make it to the top. Only when they go full-prof they'll train 8 hours a day. But I don't know exactly what they study, maybe this is different per person.

Yes exactly.but i do not believe that he did not go to school!my meaning is not table tennis school.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes exactly.but i do not believe that he did not go to school!my meaning is not table tennis school.

Indeed. I don't really know what to think of a table tennis school, whether it involves classrooms or stuff like that. I think their education was there though, and not in a seperate school. Maybe they had to do alot by themselves instead of with a teacher. I don't think he went to a regular/'normal' school.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
It is about for both Chinese Table Tennis and Football origin.

-
Custom History Essays | “History is a simple piece of paper covered with print. The main thing is still to make History, not to write it.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
"Ma Long graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai College of Economics and Management. His Thesis is about Marketing strategy of China Table Tennis Super League."

https://pingsunday.com/ma-longs-childhood-personal-life/#Ma_Longs_education

It wasn't difficult to find it, less than a minute.

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
so both ML and XX graduated from a normal university on level with those in N.A. - hard to believe. So they had met regular educational requirements all thru high school and university and were superman in TT from a young age at the same time?