Donic Bluefire

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
The former World Champion in double competition, long-time National Team player and DONIC’s product expert Steffen Fetzner describes the features of the Bluefire as follows:

"One of the most characteristic features of the new Bluefire obviously is the blue sponge colour. But not only the sponge colour is very special, but also the large-pored structure of the blue sponge.

When playing (in combination with the Bloodwood 5 blade), after a few rallies you’ll immediately notice the high dynamic of this rubber sheet and the pleasant and unique feeling that it creates when hitting the ball.
However, the most distinguishing feature of the Bluefire you can clearly recognize and feel at topspin shots. Above all the Bluefire is unbelievably fast with a characteristic high arc when top-spinning that enables maximum spin and increased speed. From my point of view this top sheet in combination with the new blue sponge creates a perfect symbiosis for a very dynamic and spinny rubber sheet with an increased catapult effect and at the same time with a very high arc.
This means perfectly suitable for top spin players who play either close to the table or from half-distance."

taken from http://www.tabletennis-sportsmadison.com

Mar 2011
Here's a video of it with Rosewood XO. The guy in black uses the red Bluefire and black Tibhar 5Q.

Bluefire_3.JPG

You can also go to http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48953&title=donic-bluefire-reviews to read some reviews.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
can you post some of your thoughts on its behavior / characteristics / how it plays / reaction to incoming spin ? And how well would it fit as a Back hand rubber ?

Early impressions are that it plays quite soft! Not that it's a bad thing because I like soft rubbers.

It's IMO a good flat rubber! What I mean by that is its strength is looping forwards so it's quite powerful as a result. You can loop upwards with it, so it does spin (probably about the same as my previous Acuda S3)

I've also noticed my serves aren't as bouncy (even if they were at the weekend in the sweat pit)

As for b/h I've not tried it yet because I didn't have much time before the Liverpool GP but I think it would be good, due to the way it's good flat! So it should be good for punches etc. I'll give it a try this week & let you know.

I didn't notice it being any better or worse than the Acuda for incoming spin! My blocking is fine with it, but if you want the rubber to be easy to block with, pimples or anti is the way to go!

Hope that helps, if you get some let me know how you find it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Hey Azlan, I have experience with the both the M1 and M2. Both get fantastic amounts of spin and power like has been said already but unless you love softer rubbers I would opt for the M1. However, that is based on my forehand having more pop with M1. M2 actually seems to be better on my backhand side so this may be what you are looking for. To cover questions I don't have any problem slicing with the rubber on my backhand as well as flicks and loops. I do not shy away from attacking with my backhand and I have been nothing but happy with the Bluefire series on either wing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Has anyone tried the Donic Bluefire M2 yet? I would appreciate some reviews! I'd also be very interested to find out how it plays compared to Acuda (I currently use the S3)
Cheers

A guy in a video said (I'll link the video below) that M2 is similar to Tenergy (but I think that depends on your setup and also your own technique and preference) but here's the video:

says Aging is a killer
Low level player's impression.
M2 is a high quality rubber that I think is well suited to mortal players. I know that most players like to call themselves aggressive loopers. But let's face the truth, most times they are pushing, making hurried half-strokes at topspin or tentative blocks. M2 is good at all those plus making the big loop-drives when we find ourselves in that elusive position during a rally. It is particularly good at opening backhand flicks/smacks against backspin or floated serves.
It also seems to go very well with Maze type blades.
And most importantly, it is available at tabletenniskingdom at less than half the price of Tenergy.
Donic has at last found a rubber that is not like Tenergy but is a very credible and competent alternative. I would not be surprised if it outsells Tenergy among the non-pros.