What I Like So Much About TableTennisDaily

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was trying to think about what I like so much about this site and this forum and why I feel that Table Tennis Daily is really the best website out there in the Table Tennis world. These are the things I came up with.

logo.png

1) I love the way Dan moderates and overseas the site. He is always so welcoming and makes people feel happy to participate in the forum. This always feels encouraging to me that Dan and the rest of the moderators are so positive.

2) There is so much bleeping information is on this site. There are always posts of the upcoming tournaments, there are always great videos being posted, all the news updates, threads on current world ranking. There is no one site where you can find everything in one place the way you can here! I love that.

3) Organization, the way the site is laid out where you can go to the home page and search what is current in the TT world, the way the forums are organized so you can search out posts you really want to read, the way the most recent posts are laid out so you can see what everyone is currently reading and writing on. On the organization of the site alone, this is the best site out there. But when you add the content and how the site is run, I feel there is no other site out there that even comes close.

How do you feel about this amazing, World Wide Table Tennis community?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am going to go ahead and be the first person to post in my new Thread.

One thing I would love to be able to add to this, which would make Table Tennis Daily miles past all the rest is a Database of Equipment reviews.

Not the way things are now where there are threads on different equipment but where you could go to a page, and say you were interested in blades. You could click on a company, search within the company for a particular blade and find reviews for that blade.

For example, if you were searching for the Butterfly Zhang Jike blade, you would go to the database, click on blades, scroll down and click on butterfly, scroll in Butterfly blades for the Zhang Jike blade and read reviews of the blade by players who have used that particular blade.

It would take a while for there to be a lot of reviews of many of the major blades out there but, over time, as more and more members write reviews, it would become a very valuable tool to help people know the equipment that is out there as they search for what they need.

Pips rubbers, smooth rubbers, blades, tables.

But I know, this would be a huge project that would be really hard to pull off and create.

And even without this, there is no site that, in my opinion is close to as good as Table Tennis Daily.

A big thanks to Dan and all the rest of the moderators.

Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am going to go ahead and be the first person to post in my new Thread.

One thing I would love to be able to add to this, which would make Table Tennis Daily miles past all the rest is a Database of Equipment reviews.

Not the way things are now where there are threads on different equipment but where you could go to a page, and say you were interested in blades. You could click on a company, search within the company for a particular blade and find reviews for that blade.

For example, if you were searching for the Butterfly Zhang Jike blade, you would go to the database, click on blades, scroll down and click on butterfly, scroll in Butterfly blades for the Zhang Jike blade and read reviews of the blade by players who have used that particular blade.

It would take a while for there to be a lot of reviews of many of the major blades out there but, over time, as more and more members write reviews, it would become a very valuable tool to help people know the equipment that is out there as they search for what they need.

Pips rubbers, smooth rubbers, blades, tables.

But I know, this would be a huge project that would be really hard to pull off and create.

And even without this, there is no site that, in my opinion is close to as good as Table Tennis Daily.

A big thanks to Dan and all the rest of the moderators.

Hey, I wrote this right after I posted it and I still was not the first one to post in this thread. :) :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Shame I'm not the one who start this thread hahah..
Awesome work, Sir Carl I concur with what you said.

Why I friggin love this forum so much?
Because it IS friggin TableTennisDaily thats why!

From the moment I joined this forum there is a kind of charm in this site none to others, probably indescribable by words.. Probably..
Aside than that, the warm atmosphere, the management of the forum, how quick the updates were are also amazing.

Go TTD!
Oh and sorry for the rude words :p

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I love the friendly community here.. @Carl, however, I don't want this to become another tabletennisdb.com by adding ratings and reviews in terms of numbers. Maybe if we have a different way of organizing that information, yes. Tabletennisdb is unreliable because you don't know the level of players who wrote the reviews. However, I don't want to derail this thread.

1. Every forum is great because of the people who participate and the people who moderate to keep things on track and more videos/articles to share.. Not to mention site improvements that are aimed towards this.
2. Friendly experts who understand beginners' problems and show them the way rather than RTFM. People who are willing to learn as well as help others learn.
3. I like how people keenly observe match videos and share their insight.
4. I love the interviews that Dan and Matt post.
5. We have some pros like William Henzell, Will Bailey, Seb, Sarah Her-Lee.. That takes us a bit closer to the reality of the pro tour.

Every little thing matters.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I love the friendly community here.. @Carl, however, I don't want this to become another tabletennisdb.com by adding ratings and reviews in terms of numbers. Maybe if we have a different way of organizing that information, yes. Tabletennisdb is unreliable because you don't know the level of players who wrote the reviews. However, I don't want to derail this thread.

1. Every forum is great because of the people who participate and the people who moderate to keep things on track and more videos/articles to share.. Not to mention site improvements that are aimed towards this.
2. Friendly experts who understand beginners' problems and show them the way rather than RTFM. People who are willing to learn as well as help others learn.
3. I like how people keenly observe match videos and share their insight.
4. I love the interviews that Dan and Matt post.
5. We have some pros like William Henzell, Will Bailey, Seb, Sarah Her-Lee.. That takes us a bit closer to the reality of the pro tour.

Every little thing matters.

Good post and great reasons for liking this site.

I agree with you about the equipment data base. The numbers don't help. I am simply thinking about an organized way of searching and writing reviews about blades and rubbers.

But, even that would be a huge undertaking. So I am fine with the way things are. I just love the equipment analysis and would love if it was easier and more coherent to access it, instead of how many different threads there are about people wanting alternatives to Tenergy. :) And how in those threads, you are not looking at any one kind of rubber and peoples reviews of it, but comments on all sorts of subjects, some of which have to do with the equipment in question, some of which do not. :)

But I don't know how you would go about setting something like that up. It would take a lot of work. And perhaps Table Tennis Daily is fine without it. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
One thing I really like about this forum is that it isn't too much equipment-oriented as many others have turned out to be. This is a great thing because even though equipment is important, it isn't more important than having fun and practising the right techniques and tactics. It is great how you can post here a video of you playing and get good advice from more experienced players instead of having millions of threads about what equipment would make you a better player. I would like to keep it this way too, which is why some kind of equipment database might be a good in keeping down the number of equipment question threads that shouldn't flood the whole forum.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks so much for this nice thread Carl! Means a lot, a member saying how they find this the best table tennis site in the world is truly an amazing feeling!

I am trying my best to keep up with everything. It hasn't been easy, but everything is all coming together now :). I remember the request of a equipment database/review system. Me and the site coder have been working extremely hard to make this happen, however it hasn't been as easy as first thought. It is almost complete. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be live and we can use it! :)

I agree with JustAlt here how some sites holds much talk about rubbers etc. I have tried to avoid this a little and tried to focus on fresh, fun content about the world of TT. With the review sysem we are creating, all the details will be kept in the review system so we won't see the threads displayed in the latest news. Will see how that goes. Everything is in testing still :)

I just want to thank everyone for posting, and making full use of the site. 2 years ago I had this vision to create a huge online table tennis community and never thought it could come of like the way it has done! So thanks so much for everything!

The London 2012 Olympics is only around the corner now and fast approaching, and i'm currently in the progress of making the thread. It's going to be a big one!

Take care all!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks so much for this nice thread Carl! Means a lot, a member saying how they find this the best table tennis site in the world is truly an amazing feeling!

I am trying my best to keep up with everything. It hasn't been easy, but everything is all coming together now :). I remember the request of a equipment database/review system. Me and the site coder have been working extremely hard to make this happen, however it hasn't been as easy as first thought. It is almost complete. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be live and we can use it! :)

I agree with JustAlt here how some sites holds much talk about rubbers etc. I have tried to avoid this a little and tried to focus on fresh, fun content about the world of TT. With the review sysem we are creating, all the details will be kept in the review system so we won't see the threads displayed in the latest news. Will see how that goes. Everything is in testing still :)

I just want to thank everyone for posting, and making full use of the site. 2 years ago I had this vision to create a huge online table tennis community and never thought it could come of like the way it has done! So thanks so much for everything!

The London 2012 Olympics is only around the corner now and fast approaching, and i'm currently in the progress of making the thread. It's going to be a big one!

Take care all!

Wow, Dan, that is some awesome information you are presenting in this post. That will be excellent.

And we are all excited about LONDON 2012. Can you believe how close it is now?????? OMFG. (Did I say that?) :)
I really agree that you guys do a great job keeping the content on fun things and on the upcoming tournaments and events happening in the world of table tennis.

So thank you Dan for creating and maintaining the best table tennis site on the planet.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow, Dan, that is some awesome information you are presenting in this post. That will be excellent.

And we are all excited about LONDON 2012. Can you believe how close it is now?????? OMFG. (Did I say that?) :)
I really agree that you guys do a great job keeping the content on fun things and on the upcoming tournaments and events happening in the world of table tennis.

So thank you Dan for creating and maintaining the best table tennis site on the planet.

Just seen this great topic and post from you @Carl. I know its 2 years late haha! I wanted to update you and users on TTD. We are very close to launching the Equipment Review Centre, just as you suggested in your posts here.

Thanks again for everything and all the hard work you have helped me with Carl!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just seen this great topic and post from you @Carl. I know its 2 years late haha! I wanted to update you and users on TTD. We are very close to launching the Equipment Review Centre, just as you suggested in your posts here.

Thanks again for everything and all the hard work you have helped me with Carl!

Dan, you are the best. :)