• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Also curious, as I asked earlier ... are the Chinese players secretive about equipment? Or is just hard to find in English?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Pissed off with the umpire and for the very first time, the 1st service fault, Ding Ning back behind the umpire, how on earth she can justified DN made an service error? She must has a super hawk eye to see thru it? and as a team mate, LXX shall not attack full force, at least shows some respect, sportmanship, by giving a point or so to comfort Ding Ning when unfair decisions by umpire. Made an obvious error or service errro to DN. At least both can continue to play and fight to the end. Even LXX wins, she'll be proud whereas she did not do that at all to consider the circumstances, and i knew the GOLD very important but pls be sportmanship to respect your opponent. Honestly, I guess lots forumers believe the umpire spolit the whole game, esp DN momentums, and those service faults, calls at the critical mements, and you broke down her mental strength to play again. I really pity her, and I knew from there she lost the match. You can tell when she cried. Her dreams just varnished by the hand of umpire and ittf shall look into it to set a new basic understanding of service rules. Unfair and sad finals.

Well she would need to play someone else than Li XX to get some mercy..
Li can see only herself, she doesnt care about anyone else, she is very selfish. All that matters for her is winning, nothing else.
Dont expect anything else from her.
BTW that umpire who called the error could directly see how long was the ball falling. And I say - it was very low. Maybe it was over 16 cm, but not sure. It was just around the line. I think - a good call from her. I repeat what I said before. But I dont agree with her red-yellow card, that was a little too hard.
She shouldnt do that.

Li X X totally deserves a win even there wasn't some controversies with umpire .. when the ball cames to her left side, she used that unbelievable backhand flips and when the ball cames to her right, she used very strong spins .. Superb!
the replay for Woman Singles Final is up too.

I agree, she was much better during the whole tournament.
I believe she played better than any other woman would be able to play now.
Even better than Liu Shiwen and that is something to say.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I think anyone would have done what Li did- this match is for an Olympic Gold, not an ITTF Pro Tour title lol ...i would have expected nothing less from Li, and i believe Ding Ning would have done the same thing.
I thing Li would have won anyway, I haven't seen anyone play like that since Zhang Yining...and lets not forget Zhang was possibly the best woman ever :p they've got the same coach, perhaps thats why :p Li Sun is gonna be a happy man, his girls have won the last 3 olympics! lol :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Guys you're not gonna believe whom I just saw on the underground train here in London! I was just coming back from friend's place where we played table tennis, and on Jubilee line I saw a whole group of South Korean representatives. Among them - Joo See Hyuk, Ryu Seung-Min and Sang Eun Oh. I stood there for a moment blinking as if I couldn't bring myself to believe if it was really them or am I dreaming? I hadn't had my mobile phone with me so I couldn't take any pictures but as they were entering the train, I took my bat out of the bag and waved at them through the window and we exchanged some smiles :D

I would've just got onto the train...wouldn't really care where I'll be going, as long as I get to hang out with them. You could've been their informal tour guide, and even play TT with them if you play your cards right :)

So anyone....why was Ding Ning penalized?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Loved that thread, thanks. Does anyone have any idea what Zhang Jike and Wang Hao are using at the Olympics?

I don't think Zhang Jike has changed his equipment. Viscaria blade. Tenergy 64 on the backhand. I believe he is still using Hurricane III NEO with Blue Sponge on the Forehand. I don't know that he has ever really hidden what he was using. But if he has changed anything it would be DHS Skyline III NEO with Blue Sponge on the forehand. I believe he might even still be using that same Viscaria from the photo in the China Open Bat Photos thread from June 2011 (the thread was posted in July 2011 but the tournament and the photos were taken in June 2011).

I also do not think Wang Hao has changed his equipment since that China Open in June of 2011. So: DHS Hurricane Hao blade, DHS Skyline III NEO, and, yes, Butterfly Sriver (with speed glue or some kind of boost that really works like speed glue).

Wang Liqin used to use a Clipper with a DHS Hurricane King handle because he was contracted to use the DHS blade. I don't think it was much of a secrete though. :)

For a while Ma Long was using a blade where you could not tell what it was. That was because it was a prototype for the DHS blade that they made for him: DHS Hurricane Long. He goes back and forth from Hurricane III NEO Blue Sponge to Skyline III NEO Blue Sponge. I heard he changed backhand rubbers to Tenergy 64 but do not know. I also heard he changed backhand rubbers to DHS Gold Arc III, but don't think so. :)

I am not really sure what Ma Long is using but that is more a function of the fact that he has changed setups a bunch since he stopped using the Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would've just got onto the train...wouldn't really care where I'll be going, as long as I get to hang out with them. You could've been their informal tour guide, and even play TT with them if you play your cards right :)

I am with you Azlan. Cancel all other engagements. Work, oh well. I am hanging out with the Korean National Team. :) Find someone I know who speaks Korean and English. If it was NYC that would be easy. Then I would show them how to have the best time of their lives in NYC. Too bad the Olympics is in London instead. :)

This user has no status.
Man... Ovtcharov gave everything he had... he was operating at the very top end of his spectrum, both Zhang Jike and him were hitting the ball so hard that it seemed like the ball just warped spacetime.... But unfortunately Zhang Jike was just a touch too good in consistency and touch compared to him. :( Credit to him for going all out on all his shots. Maybe next time he should really start training his FH service return(pushing, flicking, etc...), he lost sooooo many points due to bad receives of short balls in the extreme FH corner.

Chuang Chih-yuan also came close, but Wang Hao was just a tad too consistent and powerful for him...

I think Zhang Jike will win this final, but I'll be rooting for Wang Hao. I think Wang Hao has prepared a bag of tricks to overcome Zhang Jike (sidespin BH down the line and serving from the FH corner). I'll just have to see whether that will succeed in jamming Zhang Jike's BH over-the-table loop. Everything hinges on how he exploits this specialty of Zhang Jike.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Loved that thread, thanks. Does anyone have any idea what Zhang Jike and Wang Hao are using at the Olympics?

at the moment zhang jike uses hurricane blue spong on the forehand, some form of tenergy on the bh, and its on a viscaria fl blade...god, hd is useful :p

remember the rubbers have been boosted to oblvion too though :p
i think wang hao uses some kind of dhs hurricane blade, with hurricane blue sponge fh, and last time i checked, sriver bh, because it gives him so much spin, which is what he uses his backhand for :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
man I love watching Timo Boll play and all, and he seems like one of the, if not the nicest players in professional table tennis, but man does he choke horribly at the olympics. I can understand if he loses to the Chinese players, but each time he has lost to a non-Chinese player. This latest time being the worst yet, since in prior times he has lost to players like Waldner and Schlager, but this time he lost to Crisan, who other than showing slight promise when he was still a young player has remained a slow pretty uncoordinated player who has failed to do anything significant in international play for quite a while.

This just makes claims by such a large number of people saying Timo Boll is one of the players they put as a top 3 player seem all the more ridiculous. I love Boll, but for people to claim he is top 3 or top 5 best players in history is ridiculous when he hasn't won a world championship or the olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
man I love watching Timo Boll play and all, and he seems like one of the, if not the nicest players in professional table tennis, but man does he choke horribly at the olympics. I can understand if he loses to the Chinese players, but each time he has lost to a non-Chinese player. This latest time being the worst yet, since in prior times he has lost to players like Waldner and Schlager, but this time he lost to Crisan, who other than showing slight promise when he was still a young player has remained a slow pretty uncoordinated player who has failed to do anything significant in international play for quite a while.

This just makes claims by such a large number of people saying Timo Boll is one of the players they put as a top 3 player seem all the more ridiculous. I love Boll, but for people to claim he is top 3 or top 5 best players in history is ridiculous when he hasn't won a world championship or the olympics.
Well in 2008 he lost to Oh Sang Eun who is his nemesis, and I believe he just got back from an injury back then but I'm not sure. But I agree with u that he's not the best in the world, but I do think overall he is the best non-Chinese.