• Other (Post below)

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
London 2012 Olympic Games ,28 July 2012 - 08 August 2012, London, England

The most anticipated tournament of the year is fast approaching and begins just under 3 weeks time! The London 2012 Olympics! Once again similar to that of Beijing Olympics in 2008, China occupy the top seeded places for the Men's and Women's Singles event. The seedings have been based on the most recent ITTF World Ranking List published by the International Table Tennis Federation on Wednesday 4th July 2o12.

China's Zhang Jike, the World #1 enters the London 2012 Olympics as the #1 seed.

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women Singles

Live Results and Schedule

zjlondon2012.jpg

Zhang Jike, photo by: Vincent Kovacs

Men Singles Seed:

1)
zhangjikehead.jpg
Zhang Jike
2)
wanghaohead.jpg
Wang Hao
3)
junmizutanihead.jpg
Jun Mizutani
4)
timobollhead.jpg
Timo Boll
5)
chuangchihyuanhead.jpg
Chuang Chih Yuan
6)
joosehyukhead.jpg
Joo Se Hyuk
7)
ohsangeunhead.jpg
Oh Sang Eun
8)
dimitrijovtcharovhead.jpg
Dimitrij Ovtcharov

9) Vladimir Samsonov

10) Gao Ning

11) Jiang Tianyi

12) Seiya Kishikawa

13) Michael Maze

14) Adrien Mattenet

15) Adrian Crisan

16) Alexander Shibaev

Men’s Singles (Seeds 17-32)

17. Marcos Freitas 18. Chen Weixing 18. Tang Peng 20. Bojan Tokic 21. Panagiotis Gionis 22. João Monteiro 23. Aleksandar Karakasevic 24. Alexey Smirnov 25. Werner Schlager 26. Yang Zi 27. GACINA Andrej 28. PRIMORAC Zoran 29. KREANGA Kalinikos 30. He Zhiwen 31. Bora Vang 32. Noshad Alamiyan 32. Kim Hyok Bong 32. Yaroslav Zhmudenko

Places 32, 33 and 34 will be decided prior to the draw as Noshad Alamiyan, Kim Hyok Bong and Yaroslav Zhmudenko share the same World Ranking of no.77

Full List

Women Singles Seed:

1)
dingninghead.jpg
Ding Ning
2)
lixiaoxiahead.jpg
Li Xiaoxia
3)
kimkyungahhead.jpg
Kim Kyungah
4)
kasumiishikawahead.jpg
Kasumi Ishikawa
5)
aifukuharahead.jpg
Ai Fukuhara
6)
fengtianweihead.jpg
Feng Tianwei
7)
tieyanahead.jpg
Tie Yana
8)
wangyueguhead.jpg
Wang Yuegu

9) Wu Jiaduo

10) Shen Yanfei

11) Jiang Huajun

11) Li Jiao

13) Viktoria Pavlovich

14) Li Jie

15) Li Qian

16) Park Miyoung

Women’s Singles (Seeds 17-32)

17. Ri Myong Sun 18. Daniela Dodean 19. Ni Xia Lian 20. Huang Yi-Hua 21. Liu Jia 22. Kristin Silbereisen 23. Georgina Pota 24. Elizabeta Samara 25. Kim Jong 26. Margaryta Pesotska 27. Iveta Vacenoksa 28. Chen Szu-Yu 28. Anna Tokhomirova 30. Li Qiangbing 31. Natalia Partyka 32. Li Xue

Full List

TableTennisDaily's promo video for the London 2012 Olympics!

The time is finally here! :) Let's begin discussing the seeds. Will Zhang Jike prove he is the number 1 player of the World? Can European no.1 Timo Boll win the hearts of the world? For some players the pressure may be overwhelming. Who can handle the intense pressure will be key. Can an outsider upset the seeds?

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! What are your predictions for each event?

We will make the London 2012 Olympic (Team) discussion shortly :)

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I hope for the european players Maze, Boll, Dima and Persson.. But honestly I think that Zhang Jike will win the whole thing. I also think that Wang Hao will not reach the semi, but loose in the quarters. Ovtcharov will probably do very well, if he keeps his good form from this season :)

I think Persson will cause some upsets, if he can make it back from his last injury tho.. And I think he'll do that :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
semifinal will be timo vs zhang or timo vs wang hao? obviously if they reach the semi...

Timo Boll would play Zhang Jike in the semi final. Wang Hao would play Mizutani.

I think Zhang Jike and Wang Hao will have a hard time getting to the finals. But still, when they're in the right form, they shouldn't have any problems with any of these players. Only Boll, Ovtcharov and Niwa seem like a threat to me actually.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Zhang Jike is the real performer at major world events at the moment, I think if he can maintain that then the gold medal is his for sure. Especially considering the fact that Wang Hao has lost 2 finals and will be feeling the pressure and that Zhang Jike beat Wang Hao in both of the two major events he won (WTTC and WC)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Timo Boll would play Zhang Jike in the semi final. Wang Hao would play Mizutani.
I think Zhang Jike and Wang Hao will have a hard time getting to the finals. But still, when they're in the right form, they shouldn't have any problems with any of these players. Only Boll, Ovtcharov and Niwa seem like a threat to me actually.

According to the commentator in total China Olympic Simulation Match, it looks like Wang Hao will in same bracket as zhang jike. Mostly that both play from one country will be in same bracket, so that the final will consist of each play from different country.

Can anyone find this info in ITTF or olympic website yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
According to the commentator in total China Olympic Simulation Match, it looks like Wang Hao will in same bracket as zhang jike. Mostly that both play from one country will be in same bracket, so that the final will consist of each play from different country.

That can't be true - #1 and #2 seeds (ie Zhang Jike and Wang Hao) will be in opposite halves, as usual.

Also, note that the semifinal pairings will be decided by lot, #1 can meet #3 or #4 etc.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011

It could be true...did you hear this from the Chinese commentator himself? I can't understand Chinese, but I think you understand mandarin. I've checked the website, but nothing has been published yet. The draw will be on the 25th July.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It could be true...did you hear this from the Chinese commentator himself? I can't understand Chinese, but I think you understand mandarin. I've checked the website, but nothing has been published yet. The draw will be on the 25th July.

It would be crazy if they put the #1 and #2 players in the same draw. That would just not make any sense and is never done.

If they put the #1 and #2 seeds in the same side of the draw, that would be a disgrace to the sport.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
On a different note, I cannot believe how close we are to the London Olympics. Wow. It will be fun. You guys who live in the UK must be beside yourself excited. I wish I could go. What an experience that would be.

Dan, will you a group with Table Tennis Daily signs organized for the Table Tennis events?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It would be crazy if they put the #1 and #2 players in the same draw. That would just not make any sense and is never done
If they put the #1 and #2 seeds in the same side of the draw, that would be a disgrace to the sport.

well, when it comes to money and attraction, everything could happen. Especially UK itself would hope as many ppl would go for all events...

On a different note, I cannot believe how close we are to the London Olympics. Wow. It will be fun. You guys who live in the UK must be beside yourself excited. I wish I could go. What an experience that would be.

Dan, will you a group with Table Tennis Daily signs organized for the Table Tennis events?

If not that I failed on the interview for U of Sheffield last two weeks.... maybe I will be there during olympic weeks >.>