Stiga Clipper CR

This user has no status.
Hi TTD members!

I'm Jas from Malaysia.

I'm interested to know more on Stiga Clipper CR if I were to try this out (coming from Timo Boll ALC). Will I struggle in transition ?
and How is it different from Stiga Clipper CC for comparison ?

Clipper CR.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You will be fine. They are both excellent blades. The speed is similar, the weight is similar, the control is similar. Perhaps you have a tiny bit more control with the Timo Boll ALC. But you have more feeling so you can feel how to control the ball more with the Clipper CR.

I believe that there is not all that much difference between the Clipper, Clipper CR and the Clipper CC. The Clipper CC has Carbon Powder in the laminate between each ply and a Crystal Carbon surface which simply makes the blade a certain amount harder and faster. So the Clipper CC would be a little faster than TB ALC but probably not too much. And the top ply should feel similar to the Koto in the TB ALC in terms of hardness because of the Crystal Carbon coating which makes the top ply harder. But the Clipper CR and the regular Clipper are almost indistinguishable. And I personally like the regular Clipper better. It is what I was using up until a few weeks ago.

But with any of those three blades, there should not be too much of a big deal switching from a Timo Boll ALC.

The one thing I would say though, if you have the Timo Boll ALC and you like it, and it works for you, there is no need to try something else. If the TB ALC is finished, if there is something wrong with it that makes it unplayable, that is a reason to try something else. Also, if you just want to see what something else feels like, the Clipper and the Clipper CR are not that expensive. One of the reasons I like the regular Clipper better is because it is easy to get with a solid handle. The CR is hard to get with a solid handle. The mostly sell it with WRB. I say solid handle, but even Stiga's solid handles have been hollowed out to make them lighter. But I personally do not really like the WRB. Head heavy is okay in my opinion but I don't need that much. :)

Hope you have fun trying new equipment.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
for me clipper cr is slower than ALC but control is better, sorry havent tried the clipper cc though, tenergy and addidas P5 for me is a good match for clippers

Yeah, I guess Tenergy goes well with it, but Tenergy goes well almost with any blades hahahaLOL. I am wondering if it goes well with Calibra LT Sound...I may get control, but how about in the speed department?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, I guess Tenergy goes well with it, but Tenergy goes well almost with any blades hahahaLOL. I am wondering if it goes well with Calibra LT Sound...I may get control, but how about in the speed department?

Clipper's outer ply is Limba which is sort of soft. It might not work as well with LT Sound as with LT Spin or LT. But, I have a feeling it will work with all three of those, LT Spin might just be a better choice with a Clipper than LT Sound.

@ sxTT: Clipper is a little slower, but not that much. :)

This user has no status.
If it can be one or two touch speedier than Joola Viva 7-p (considered Clipper clone as in many reviews) I will be happy. My experience with all wood blades limited to Joola Viva and Avx P500 (5-plies) which I prefer the former than the latter - being too soft for my liking in which I had to play close to table all the time. definitely not my game with p500.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
You will be fine. They are both excellent blades. The speed is similar, the weight is similar, the control is similar. Perhaps you have a tiny bit more control with the Timo Boll ALC. But you have more feeling so you can feel how to control the ball more with the Clipper CR.

I believe that there is not all that much difference between the Clipper, Clipper CR and the Clipper CC. The Clipper CC has Carbon Powder in the laminate between each ply and a Crystal Carbon surface which simply makes the blade a certain amount harder and faster. So the Clipper CC would be a little faster than TB ALC but probably not too much. And the top ply should feel similar to the Koto in the TB ALC in terms of hardness because of the Crystal Carbon coating which makes the top ply harder. But the Clipper CR and the regular Clipper are almost indistinguishable. And I personally like the regular Clipper better. It is what I was using up until a few weeks ago.

But with any of those three blades, there should not be too much of a big deal switching from a Timo Boll ALC.

The one thing I would say though, if you have the Timo Boll ALC and you like it, and it works for you, there is no need to try something else. If the TB ALC is finished, if there is something wrong with it that makes it unplayable, that is a reason to try something else. Also, if you just want to see what something else feels like, the Clipper and the Clipper CR are not that expensive. One of the reasons I like the regular Clipper better is because it is easy to get with a solid handle. The CR is hard to get with a solid handle. The mostly sell it with WRB. I say solid handle, but even Stiga's solid handles have been hollowed out to make them lighter. But I personally do not really like the WRB. Head heavy is okay in my opinion but I don't need that much. :)

Hope you have fun trying new equipment.

Exactly what I'm looking for in an answer. Thanks, Carl and gang.

This user has no status.
Clipper's outer ply is Limba which is sort of soft. It might not work as well with LT Sound as with LT Spin or LT. But, I have a feeling it will work with all three of those, LT Spin might just be a better choice with a Clipper than LT Sound.

@ sxTT: Clipper is a little slower, but not that much. :)

you were saying anything medium will be fine for Clipper? Is that it ?