TTD Olympic Video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Probably best promotional video I have ever seen is this:

Unfortunately its not about table tennis, but still amazing video..
But maybe it will inspire you in some ways ;)
Climbing is my second favorite sport after table tennis :)
Too bad combining climbing with tabletennis means losing feeling..
After climbing session I couldnt play :D

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dan, this might be your opportunity to get in touch with Timo Boll and get that interview. :)

No, this sounds like it will be fun stuff.

It would be cool if you could bring a full size table and put on a good old exhibition. When you play outdoors, the downside is that it is hard because of the wind. The upside is you can really get a crowd if you can hit, because people really do love watching that.

There are outdoor tables at Bryant Park in NYC and it does not take long to get a real crowd of spectators when two people can even hit reasonably well.

So, even with the mini tables, you should be able to draw a nice crowd.

Last edited:
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
This is an awesome idea!

I've got an idea:
Try shooting from the same distance, angle and position while doing a forehand stroke and watch the magic works when the video's background switches while Bro Dan and Miles is doing the forehand stroke.
That would be awesome at least for the intro ;)

yosua, do you mean putting the camera right next to one of us whilst we are playing so that the viewers can see how fast the game is???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Dan, this might be your opportunity to get in touch with Timo Boll and get that interview. :)

It would be cool if you could bring a full size table and put on a good old exhibition. When you play outdoors, the downside is that it is hard because of the wind. The upside is you can really get a crowd if you can hit, because people really do love watching that.

There are outdoor tables at Bryant Park in NYC and it does not take long to get a real crowd of spectators when two people can even hit reasonably well.

Just do the exhibition in a mall ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
The only thing is I have no idea where there all training. I think its secret! :( I wonder if we can find out the players locations in London. I think the Singapore team are in Surrey at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The Chinese team is in Leeds at the moment, according to Tabletennista.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
yosua, do you mean putting the camera right next to one of us whilst we are playing so that the viewers can see how fast the game is???

sir ripper i think ...I THINK he means like doing a forehand with the camera facing you then playing at a different location and doing that exact stroke with the camera at the exact same position as the first time and do it in a lot of different places and just edit them together and make it look like 1 fluid forehand stroke but the background is changing....like at 1:40 of this video
... :) well atleast thats what i THINK sir Yosua is trying to say haha

Reactions: YosuaYosan
This user has no status.
The only thing is I have no idea where there all training. I think its secret! :( I wonder if we can find out the players locations in London. I think the Singapore team are in Surrey at the moment.

Last I heard, though it was a long time ago, Japan were to be training at Morpeth school in East London, which is a Premier TT club:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12848896

That video is from a while ago though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
sir ripper i think ...I THINK he means like doing a forehand with the camera facing you then playing at a different location and doing that exact stroke with the camera at the exact same position as the first time and do it in a lot of different places and just edit them together and make it look like 1 fluid forehand stroke but the background is changing....like at 1:40 of this video
... :) well atleast thats what i THINK sir Yosua is trying to say haha

You got it spot on, man! Much thanks for delivering my thoughts in a better way :)

Sorry its hard for me to describe it in words :eek:

Reactions: TableTennisDaily

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is an awesome idea!

I've got an idea:
Try shooting from the same distance, angle and position while doing a forehand stroke and watch the magic works when the video's background switches while Bro Dan and Miles is doing the forehand stroke.
That would be awesome at least for the intro ;)

Haha awesome idea I know what you mean Yosua :) I will try this :)

Dan - you can contact stiga, they may help you with this..
Or?

Stiga are really busy at the moment :) They will reply to me once they have everything sorted. I believe they are not going to the Olympics.

Great ideas buddy will do this. Will use some of the Ping tables and our mini table :)... I'm sure we can get some good footage. By the way I would love to get Timo Boll involved! I'd be star struck ha!

man now i am wondering how much that mini table costs it would be really handy sometimes

You can get them from Stiga I believe.. On their website? They are very good quality mini tables

This could shape up to become extremely EPIC.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here are some photos of me, ttnard (Tom) and RIPPER (Myles) from a professional photographer at the Excel Arena during our filming :)

uploadfromtaptalk1343139729569.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1343139761762.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1343139790880.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Giangt and Michal_Z

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Here are some photos of me, ttnard (Tom) and RIPPER (Myles) from a professional photographer at the Excel Arena during our filming
:)

That looks awesome. I know you'll be able to get some awesome crowds around excel (remembering there are two Ping! tables next to excel anyway). If your near Big Ben, head down onto South Bank. Only worry down there is that the street artists have to be licenses so that could be an issue.

Also, heading to Westfields shopping centre is probably a good shout as well - jumping distance from the Olympic Park.

Tell us when/where your planning on setting up and I'll try and come say hi - bit of a bother because I'll be wearing my volunteer uniform most of the time and aint allowed into any press-like photographs.