Stiga Rosewood NCT V or Stiga Ebenholdz NCT V

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hi guys :). I just broke my 729 blade and i want to change it:(. So im choosing which im gonna buy the rosewood nct V or the ebenholdz nct V.So the question is which is better rosewood or ebenholdz

Interesting question since better, in terms of two blades that are both great and just as good as each other is a subjective experience and each player will have a different experience of what works better for them. They really are both great blades. Ebenholz V NCT is a little, faster, stiffer, crisper, Rosewood V NCT is a little heavier, softer, more dwell time, a tiny bit more flex.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Interesting question since better, in terms of two blades that are both great and just as good as each other is a subjective experience and each player will have a different experience of what works better for them. They really are both great blades. Ebenholz V NCT is a little, faster, stiffer, crisper, Rosewood V NCT is a little heavier, softer, more dwell time, a tiny bit more flex.

Exactly Carl..:) not a lot of difference, but if you're an experienced player, you'll definitely notice it. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Exactly Carl..:) not a lot of difference, but if you're an experienced player, you'll definitely notice it. :)

And the one that feels better to you is the one that is better for you. But if you had either of these, and played with it for a while, you would get the feeling of the blade and it would be the right one. :)

Mar 2011
And Azlan apparently prefers Ebenholz VII. :)

You bet Carl! :) So far it's the best blade I ever had. The other day I accidentally hit the edge of the table and the ply at the top of the blade came off. The ball hit the net after a FH loop, and I was already moving backwards. As a result I lunged forward before the ball bounced the 2nd time on the table, and ruined the blade in the process. Went out and got another one the next day without even considering another alternative. The best blade for me. :) hehe

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
say azlan. i use stiga offensive nct with rakza 7, but i noticed that the handle is making a small vibrate once i make a contact with the ball. i dunno how to explain it but it did not feel solid and firm during game and the small vibration causing my grip to loosen bit by bit everytime when in a long rally. did ur blade has the similar issue? is it just my blade or is it because i'm choosing the wrong rubber thickness that caused the weight to be inbalanced? (i use max rubber btw)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
say azlan. i use stiga offensive nct with rakza 7, but i noticed that the handle is making a small vibrate once i make a contact with the ball. i dunno how to explain it but it did not feel solid and firm during game and the small vibration causing my grip to loosen bit by bit everytime when in a long rally. did ur blade has the similar issue? is it just my blade or is it because i'm choosing the wrong rubber thickness that caused the weight to be inbalanced? (i use max rubber btw)

The Ebenholz VII is very solid and would not do this. The Offensive NCT is much thiner and has more vibration. Should still be a good blade but if you don't like the vibration try something else. None of the blades mentioned above in this thread should have as much vibration as the Offensive NCT. I have heard that that blade is a little thin and has a lot of vibration.

Mar 2011
I'm sorry Johndol for the late reply. I do get a little vibration with the Ebenholz VII, but just enough feedback in the 'feel' department. Like Carl said, it's a very solid blade and gives you a clear crisp sound when you hit the ball at it's sweet spot. The Offensive NCT is a very light weight blade which explains why you got that much feedback, but resulting you to lose your grip, does sound a bit serious though. On the contrary, the Ebenholz is quite heavy but balanced all round blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I'm sorry Johndol for the late reply. I do get a little vibration with the Ebenholz VII, but just enough feedback in the 'feel' department. Like Carl said, it's a very solid blade and gives you a clear crisp sound when you hit the ball at it's sweet spot. The Offensive NCT is a very light weight blade which explains why you got that much feedback, but resulting you to lose your grip, does sound a bit serious though. On the contrary, the Ebenholz is quite heavy but balanced all round blade.

i hope its not very serious. i do like the blade a lot, its just the vibration did caused me a bit in the consistency of a play. maybe a little adjustment on the handle can do the trick.

and do not worry about the late reply, its not like u owe me the explanation though ;)