Buying and Trading in different forums

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Guys.

I just want your opinion on an issue I've been exposed to so here goes.

A couple of weeks ago I've traded my blade with a guy on this forum. We've decided to trade the blades without paying any extra cash to one and other and before I agreed to trade, I clearly asked the guy the weight of his blade and told me it was 88g. In good faith I agreed to trade with him.

After a couple of weeks I got the blade and it seem fine. I smacked some rubbers on and played with it. After playing one training session, I felt it was a bit head heavy and I was curious why. So I took the rubbers off and weighed the blade and surprisingly it was a 100g!!?

I confronted they guy about the problem and thought we could find an easy solution to get this settled. First I suggested we could trade back our blades, but he told me it was too late. Don't know if he sold it... Then he was willing to buy back the blade and I stated that I wanted the sell price of my blade + shipping. Unfortunately he decline my offer and wanted to pay much less than that I put it on sale for. I didn't do anything wrong here and in my opinion getting a item with false spec's should be taken in return. Now I'm stuck with a 100g blade that I didn't ask for and secondly and I can't sell.

I want yours opinions about my situation? Should the guy pay the price for my blade +shipping and should I reveal the identity of this guy?

/Giang

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Perhaps, if he does not have access to the blade he sent you, because he sold it, he should get you either a new version of the same blade, or a used one that you verify is in the same shape and the same basic weight as the one you sent him. How would you verify that. He sends you the blade, you check it to see if it is up to standards, then you send him the 100 gram blade. If he does not, then you can always inform the forum, after he does not come through on his end of the deal. If he sends you a sub standard blade to replace the old one, you could send it back and tell him try again, or keep two substandard blades in place of one blade that was up to specs. If you guys can work it out so that everyone gets what you want and no hard feelings are left, it will be worth it. Revealing his identity would be something to do as a last resort when you feel there are no other options and he keeps trying to get over on you.

That is my opinion at least.

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
If a person told me 88 grams on blade and it turns out 100 grams as far as I am concerned that is what I would call fraud and warn other forum members about this person on the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
how come? 88g and 100g different so much...the blade is nt ori 1?

I don't know, but it seems like a genuine. But I had my doubts as well. Usually blades only differs +-1-5g but 12 grams from a company as Butterfly haven't been seen yet. Well not what I've heard of.

Perhaps, if he does not have access to the blade he sent you, because he sold it, he should get you either a new version of the same blade, or a used one that you verify is in the same shape and the same basic weight as the one you sent him. How would you verify that. He sends you the blade, you check it to see if it is up to standards, then you send him the 100 gram blade. If he does not, then you can always inform the forum, after he does not come through on his end of the deal. If he sends you a sub standard blade to replace the old one, you could send it back and tell him try again, or keep two substandard blades in place of one blade that was up to specs. If you guys can work it out so that everyone gets what you want and no hard feelings are left, it will be worth it. Revealing his identity would be something to do as a last resort when you feel there are no other options and he keeps trying to get over on you.

That is my opinion at least.

Thanks for your suggestion of what I could do. So in bottom line you think it is wrong not to do something about?

If a person told me 88 grams on blade and it turns out 100 grams as far as I am concerned that is what I would call fraud and warn other forum members about this person on the forum.

That's my opinion as well, but as an excuse he told me that his weight showed him 88g and afterwards when I confronted him it was 100g he told me maybe is was due to low battery. Then I don't see it as my problem really.

I'd like more responds from people to go further in my process. Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hmmm..that's not good isn't it? Your blade should be returned or atleast he should pay you the market price of your blade or the price you asked for which ever is lower. If nothing happens then name and shame so that no one would deal with that person in the future not only in this forum but all other forums.

Good luck anyway

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hmmm..that's not good isn't it? Your blade should be returned or atleast he should pay you the market price of your blade or the price you asked for which ever is lower. If nothing happens then name and shame so that no one would deal with that person in the future not only in this forum but all other forums.

Good luck anyway

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Not even close to good! Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Well let's just say that this guy isn't honest. Perhaps you should try to contact him again and discuss of other alternatives which could solve the problem. Otherwise you could post this guy username so all of us would be aware of him and give him a warning:)

says Played Table Tennis since i was a kid, played for both...
says Played Table Tennis since i was a kid, played for both...
Mar 2012
I will save the guy the problem of naming me, i wanted to buy his blade(Hurricane Long) he advertised outright, we could not agree on price and i left it, he contacted me a week or so later and i said i was not prepared to pay what he was asking for, i did have a Zhang Jike and we decided to trade, i did weigh it, and it came out at 88g. which is what i told him. When i got the blade, i questioned it's authenticity as the labels were missing, but he provided an invoice of where he purchased it at a much lower price than he had advertised it, i complained and said i was not happy as i had just traded a much expensive blade for his, his response was "well it is a bit late now".
He reviewed the blade and gave it a good review, now he complains about the weight and wants to trade back, well i don't want to trade back. i made an offer for the blade and he has declined. so as far as am coincerned the case is closed. Karma is a good thing.
he tried to sting me look like he got stung, but my scale did read 88g

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will save the guy the problem of naming me, i wanted to buy his blade(Hurricane Long) he advertised outright, we could not agree on price and i left it, he contacted me a week or so later and i said i was not prepared to pay what he was asking for, i did have a Zhang Jike and we decided to trade, i did weigh it, and it came out at 88g. which is what i told him. When i got the blade, i questioned it's authenticity as the labels were missing, but he provided an invoice of where he purchased it at a much lower price than he had advertised it, i complained and said i was not happy as i had just traded a much expensive blade for his, his response was "well it is a bit late now".
He reviewed the blade and gave it a good review, now he complains about the weight and wants to trade back, well i don't want to trade back. i made an offer for the blade and he has declined. so as far as am coincerned the case is closed. Karma is a good thing.
he tried to sting me look like he got stung, but my scale did read 88g

What seems off to me is, if there is a problem with the blade he sent you, why not just exchange back? Then you are rid of each other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So I did some more research on the blade I've traded with vclara. Just got it confirmed today by a supporter from Tamasu Butterfly Europa GmbH. He couldn't find the serial number either in his system and he even asked Butterfly Japan if they could, but nothing showed up in their system.

So here what he wrote me in a mail and I quote:

"
Hello Giang,

I fear this blade is indeed fake. It’s a good fake (optical) but it is fake.
The metal plate on the grip is slightly different (the ‘y’) the printing is not accurate, and most important, the plywood layers are not correct.

Best regards,
Carsten"

I am very surprised by this and disappointed that something like this would happen!!