says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Chinese National Team are currently training in Leeds in preparation for the London 2012 Olympics. Fred who you may have seen previously on TTD or on youtube is only 9 years of age and has been training since a young boy. He and fellow team mates and guests got the chance to play some Chinese National Team players. In the video below Fred plays Chen Qi.

In the background you can see the Olympic team practising including Ma Long and Xu Xin!

fredchenqi.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for the awesome post Dan! So mean of Chen Qi making a high ball with so much backspin so Fred can't reach it :) Did you do the recording!?

Haha I know, good humour from Chen Qi :) Na I didnt I think Fred's father did the recording :) Wish I could have gone to Leeds didn't know it was open access. Looks amazing there, hall is great!

Reactions: TME
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Haha I know, good humour from Chen Qi :) Na I didnt I think Fred's father did the recording :) Wish I could have gone to Leeds didn't know it was open access. Looks amazing there, hall is great!

Hey what are you waiting for then!? I want a picture post of you and the CNT :) Yeah it could be awesome to be there watch a training session.

TME

This user has no status.

TME

This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Where about in Leeds is it that that are training?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey what are you waiting for then!? I want a picture post of you and the CNT :) Yeah it could be awesome to be there watch a training session.

Haha ill do my best in making it happen ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yes, definitely Fan Ying.

And is that Kong Linghui giving tips?
I'm not sure...I think so.
I could tell it was fan because of the way she drives her backhand lol- sensible move, bringing possibly the worlds most versatile female player along to spar with- she would be truly incredible if she hadn't have had that whole fuss with Wang hao and qiu yike lol

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
In answer to a few questions.
-It is Leeds Uni.
-I don't think it was Kong, but I wasn't really taking that much notice.
-I did the filming.

Here is another clip from Youtube

Fred is back there from Tuesday to Friday training 10am to 5pm with some members of the regional squad. Sadly there will be no Chinese team next week.

I also have a few minutes of clips of Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Zhang Jike training which might find their way onto Youtube if anyone is interested.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I also have a few minutes of clips of Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Zhang Jike training which might find their way onto Youtube if anyone is interested.

Of course we are interested. Nice videos. Good to see the kids get a chance to hit with CNT players.

How did Wang Hao look? Is he still holding some of that extra weight he gained a few months ago. Or has he lost most of it and back to something more close to his normal weight? Any idea?

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
If only they knew chinese:)