Administrator 6,520 4,069
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 4,069 6,520

User Info Menu

Oct 2010
    England
    Read 0 Reviews

London 2012 Olympics 'GAME'

Heres the Official Video Game for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Table tennis gameplay below

What do you think? Twitter user ADPP gave his review below. Be sure to follow After Dark Ping Pong here for more blogs and views about table tennis

This is why I believe that they have majored on the spin factor. If you notice in the video, there is a lot of ball movement. This adds the difficulty aspect to game play and insures the user a fiercely competitive battle! However there are some moments where you may sit and scratch the head, trying to work out how a ball was returned using a back handed shot that hits sharp right, when the hand was swung to the left…Some odd ergonomics there!

The graphics are next level! The game designers have not left any stones un-turned on this front. When I was scrolling down the Youtube pages looking for game play videos, I struggled to separate the videos that were of a real match and those from the game! The logos, themes and fonts that have been present throughout the marketing and branding of the games are used effectively all the way through menu screens, heads up displays and even loading screens.

The development team have worked hard to integrate the branding style into the overall aesthetic and, as such, it feels very polished. In terms of in-games models, the locations such as the Olympic Stadium, the Velodrome and Lords’ Cricket Ground, all look ultra realistic and, when coupled with the high quality presentation, make you think you could be watching the events of television.

We would be keen to get some feedback from anyone who has the full game?? Let us know via our Twitter, Facebook or Contact page on the site!
    Jojo
    ADPP
    Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,569 1,825
    This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,825 1,569
    Wow finally a TT game that has a lot of the aspects there are in TT. Good graphics as well, but I think the movements of the players and a bit odd sometimes. Nice to compensate playing PC TT when you are injured But I rather play in the gym
    Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 15
    K
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 15 1

User Info Menu

Most used word was probably 'backhand' from the commentary

The Following User Likes kevinlongpants's Post:

WiWa

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 475 1,026
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,026 475

User Info Menu

Ma Long noticed that the tables in London are really slow, so he has enough time to walk around his forehand and play a backhand push everytime...?

Err.. Table tennis just isn't suited for gaming.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 34 289
    J
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 289 34

User Info Menu

Apr 2011
    Finland
    Read 0 Reviews
    If you want a table tennis video game, PS3 Sports champions is the way to go, trust me.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,880 123

User Info Menu

The commentary is fun haha. The play reminds me a bit of the techniques used on camping sites, and I hope you can change the table color But I guess it is extremely hard to make a table tennis game realistic.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 72 116
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 116 72

User Info Menu

I think real table tennis players should be involved in developing a game for table tennis, because most shots here are backhand pushes... okay, it is difficult to make it look realistic, but instead of every chop a topspin would make it already much more realistic... I don't like to buy a game like that, I get frustrated, because in real life we would all probably kill such a slow and high chop

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 79 397
    J
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 397 79
    I dont really like this...i mean, i guess its enjoyable if you dont play tt, but it would just frustrate me..tt is just one of those sports you cant really put into a game...at least, not at the moment

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    Got the game around 2-3 weeks ago (don't ask me from where ) just to try the table tennis.
    Can't even start the serve because I don't have an Xbox controller (some buttons needs to use the controller EXCLUSIVELY) and the control is not customizable

Oh and the names are quite funny too such as Timo Michael (GER) and half cuts off world ranked players..
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!