skyline 3 neo vs skyline 2 neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
To me, TG2 and TG3, both neo version are very different from each other. To me, TG3 neo is more likely just a pure speed rubber. It is very easy to see a ball just getting shot out when playing with TG3 neo. But TG2 neo for me is much slower and easier to control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
i havent played with them extensively i mainly play with H3prov and TG3 BS.

as for topspin to topspin it depends.. on your technique and how good it is.

as these rubbers are more reactive to incoming spin. but slow the ball down a bit . even so you need to have a decent stroke.

you go videos of you playing??

I have DHS skyline tg2 neo. Got recommended by a friend to try it. I havent tried the tg3 neo but he tells me that skyline tg2 is faster and also spinnier. Although I cannot confirm this, I must agree that tg2 is one of the most spinniet rubbers I have ever played with. Its speed is average like most tacky chinese rubbers.... If you have excellent forearm acceleration (like me:rolleyes:) speed should be no problem for you.

says Footwork footwork footwork
revival... but since I've been testing a bit between similar rubbers, I'd like to share.

I have experience between TG2 and H3 in commercial, neo, and provincial blue sponge iterations. Also, H3-30and S3-60 versions.

In all variants, to me- skyline has more spin, and more feel from the thinner top sheet. H3 has longer throw and higher speed potential (shines in counter looping). I feel much more control with Skyline, but it's noticeably slower than H3 for me.

Serves, pushes blocks have a ton of feel with TG2. I feel like if spin and control is your forte- choose TG2. If speed is your need, choose H3 (or TG3?).

I have larger strokes, so I tend to prefer TG2. If you have smaller, more efficient strokes, I would think H3 would suit you more.