How to watch Table Tennis - London 2012 Olympics

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Okay guys

I want to make a official thread in how to watch the table tennis London 2012 Olympics. I'am based in the UK so I can watch the matches all live on the BBC. But I know many other countries are having problems. So far I know its possible to watch some matches live on youtube as the ITTF just made this announcement..

Matches underway now and a great atmosphere! visit www.youtube.com/olympic to watch the matches live and on-demand!

So how are you watching the Olympics? If you have any live streaming links or TV channels etc please post here. I will embed them into this main thread.

Lets help the world watch table tennis!

exceltv.jpg

TV

BBC but it's generally on the red button

Live Stream

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/olympic

Go here to see how you can access Olympic footage in your region: http://www.olympic.org/content/broadcaster-home/

Reactions: Steven
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Are you talking BBC1 or BBC2? And do they show every match even starting today?
Because I live in Belgium and I can watch BBC 1 & BBC 2.
Will they not tune into other sports that are more popular? Seems a little bit odd that half of the UK population would be watching TT 6 hours a day

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Will they not tune into other sports that are more popular? Seems a little bit odd that half of the UK population would be watching TT 6 hours a day

I'm not to sure if BBC will have table tennis much on their main channels 1 and 2. You need to click the red button on BBC 1 so an interactive page loads. Do you have this option?

This user has no status.
Ah yeah I see. Perhaps youtube haven't activated this yet. Maybe they have some problems but I am sure it will be live on there soon :)

I hope so.:)
But i actually found one site, but I can can't post links because I don't have 5 posts yet.:D
And there is also the Programme Guide, where you can choose table tennis (discipline) a it shows when and on which channel will be table tennis broadcasted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Then make fast 5 posts or just tell us WHERE TO SEE OLYMPICS 2012 TT ONLINE!
You will make so many people happy![
QUOTE=brenk;40233]I hope so.:)
But i actually found one site, but I can can't post links because I don't have 5 posts yet.:D
And there is also the Programme Guide, where you can choose table tennis (discipline) a it shows when and on which channel will be table tennis broadcasted.[/QUOTE]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012

You can watch the first match of Jean-Michel Saive on Sporza (live on canvas and I assume also as a livestream on the website, though I am not sure if people from outside Belgium can see it on sporza.be) starting at 17.45.

I have created an article on my own website tafeltennisactua.be where I try to give an overview of all channels/websites where you can watch The Olympics if you're living in Belgium. If any of them will stream tabletennis, I will try to update it as soon as possible.

Another list for people from Holland can be found on tafeltennis.nu

Currently, both lists are compiled from the official broadcast page from the Olympics itself, but will be updated if I stumble upon other possibilities.

Last edited:
This user has no status.