What The Pro's Use - Discuss

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Hello everyone,does michael maze use timo boll spirit right now?? And what is this tape in his GRIP?

Well right now, he is not using anything since he is on a medical break.
Not quite sure what he uses, not even on his website i can find a information, seems not updated frequently www.michaelmaze.dk/
A tape on a bat-handle is usually nothing special, you can get it in many sportshops. It is for people who sweat a lot on their hands and have so the risk of loosing grip and hold of your blade:)

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Very nice thread, though it need certain updates. (Due 2010? And last message from 2013.. trololo) Allso there should be a "former equipment" And "current" category.
I noticed the "Pros Equipment" topic, but I think adding all summarized to one post would be perfect to have Aswell.
Anyhow, on phone atm, but will add some.

Xu xin
Blade: STIGA Intensity NCT
BH rubber: Stiga Calibra LT

J. M. Saive
blade: Stiga Clipper Wooden
Fh rubber: Calibra LT
Bh rubber: Calibra LT

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps
Fh rubber: Hurricane 3
Bh rubber: Stiga Calibra Tour M

Will update more later...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Very nice thread, though it need certain updates. (Due 2010? And last message from 2013.. trololo) Allso there should be a "former equipment" And "current" category.
I noticed the "Pros Equipment" topic, but I think adding all summarized to one post would be perfect to have Aswell.

Xu xin

J. M. Saive

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps

I know you are trying to be helpful,but some of your info is wrong.for e.g. xx's bh rubber and Fzd bh rubber and blade.

Reactions: akonebrahim
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I know you are trying to be helpful,but some of your info is wrong.for e.g. xx's bh rubber and Fzd bh rubber and blade.
This seemed so official though... (Cant send links yet, but..)
stigatabletennis dot com/en/players/xu-xin-chn/
Both Fzd and Xu Xin were claimed to have that both there and on tabletennista dot com
as two sources said the same, I took it for granted. How do you know for sure?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
No possibility he changed? why does those pages have the wrong info then.. (I'm fairly New to this btw, so by all means)
I don't doubth it could be like that, but based on what info do they know this, asked in person, or?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

Xu xin

J. M. Saive

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps

Will someone of these players change to Airoc? Calibra is surely an amazing rubber but I thought many of the pros would do the change..

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Will someone of these players change to Airoc? Calibra is surely an amazing rubber but I thought many of the pros would do the change..

Well, according to other sources they are not even using Stiga rubber for the bh atm. Although I'm not entirely convinced yet.

With that said, Airoc looks good though without trying Airoc or Calibra, I really won't be able to say much over it.
But, the thing is, when you change a rubber, it needs to be in favour of your game. More spin/speed=good? In most cases yes, but not always.
I'd like to compare it to Tenergy, you see, 05 has amazing spin yet not so fast, 64 amazing speed yet not so spinny. Meanwhile Tenergy is the best of both worlds holding the spin of 05 and speed of 64. (or so the rumors say?) aswell as same throw angle as 64. So changing to 80 would assumingly be a thing most 05 or 64 users should do, so why not? Rest would be pure speculation, and would probably have twisted opinions. Some might just prefer to stick to their current, those with 05 might think 80 has too much speed for their game, the 64 users might feel the reaction to spinny serves or the uncontrolled is too big?
I honestly don't know. And is far from educated on the topic lol. would be an interesting question to ask players in interviews.
"what would it take for you to change parts of your equipment? (apart from in sponsor deals) and why would you in which case not change to a rubber with both better speed and spin?" I would asume they won't because they are perfectly happy with their current equipment.

I've allso heard Intermediate players have a much larger focus on finding "their type of equipment", than advanced players. (some never get past intermediate level though ahuehue)
When you get past the intermediate level and over to advanced you've probably already setled down with a rubber and a blade and are comfortable with it.
With that said alot of the top players certainly do change equipment from time to time, though I bet they try several before they decide on changing because of some superb thing they liked with the new product. In terms of Tenergy 80, Jun Mizutani did change his backhand to this! (he used to have both according to forum)
Why he changed? or why he did not change both sides? I would love to ask him.

Hope this helped to get a insight to some degree!

Edit: Actually I found out Jun Mizutani said why here, http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4424-Jun-Mizutani-tests-Tenergy-80-(VIDEO)

Last edited:

Airocs don't react good with booster (basically no reactions at all......), i think this is the main reason why Airoc is not used at pro stage.

This user has no status.
Dan, I think Ovtcharov is using now an Ovtcharov Original Senso, not a waldner senso

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and Dan