What The Pro's Use - Discuss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
So it looks like Fan Zhendong has been trying out new blades in the Super League. Fang Bo 2 and Stiga Carbonado but on one picture he also has his Viscaria/Infinity Mashup in his hands. Maybe it's just that his racket did not pass the racket test and he tried the blades of his teammates and settled for the Fang Bo (used in match, he won 3-0)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So it looks like Fan Zhendong has been trying out new blades in the Super League. Fang Bo 2 and Stiga Carbonado but on one picture he also has his Viscaria/Infinity Mashup in his hands. Maybe it's just that his racket did not pass the racket test and he tried the blades of his teammates and settled for the Fang Bo (used in match, he won 3-0)

View attachment 14547View attachment 14548View attachment 14549View attachment 14550View attachment 14551View attachment 14552View attachment 14553
Good capture. It looks like a FB2 and one of the Carbonado *90. Given his style I guess it makes sense using stiff blades witb little flex and low arc.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I wonder if China forces the CNT to use Chinese stuff now? I mean, with the blade maybe he wants to try something out. But I also think he used H3 on the backhand. And the CNT used new shoes (except ZJK) by Li Ning.
China does not want Japanese men to play in the super league and now suddenly the CNT stops using Butterfly and Mizuno stuff, weird coincidence?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I don't think it's a coincidence. Xu Xin needed more pop in his shots so switched to a DHS carbon blade as well.

I wonder if China forces the CNT to use Chinese stuff now? I mean, with the blade maybe he wants to try something out. But I also think he used H3 on the backhand. And the CNT used new shoes (except ZJK) by Li Ning.
China does not want Japanese men to play in the super league and now suddenly the CNT stops using Butterfly and Mizuno stuff, weird coincidence?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Here is the photo of Zhang Jike´s bat. To me it´s Tenergy on fh.
View attachment 14666View attachment 14667

I'm seriously asking myself what could be the motivation behind this.

a) the new ball (most likely IMHO)

b) DHS forcing players to use all of their equipment or none? (maybe also reason for FZD and XX blade change and Zhou Yu's new mysterious red fh rubber?)

c) Butterfly forcing players to use all of their equipment or none?

Not very typical at all changing equipment before competition

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don't buy the fact that CNT stop using Japanese brands.
Super League and Japanese players is one thing (just like how once Chuan was banned in China too)
Quite a few guys are still using Butterfly rubbers and Yasaka rubbers (Japanese brands)

IMO, these brands are just more hungry and getting stars to use they brands.
From EJ point of view, this is year 1 of olympic cycle - good time to mess around.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Hayell yeah, that's a effing HUGE problem and the goon squad's gonna arrest you for doing that PLUS will seize your blade to prevent you from further crime. So run and hide as quick as you can.

[Emoji6]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Two things since you seem to be new to this forum:

One) it's not considered as very polite to jump on a random thread and derail its topic, so if you can't find a thread where your question fits just open a new one.
There are some very polite and helpful penhold players on this forum, so I'm pretty sure your questions will be answered.

Second) welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time while here.
[Emoji2]

And yes, of course it's not a problem to use a shakehand handle and play penhold with it. But if you want to go beyond playground ping pong and get more seriously you should consider getting and using a penhold blade. There is a reason why people make them...
[Emoji6]

Back to topic:
Xu Xin's spin based game seems to be hurt badly from these “spinless“ balls.
Wonder if he stays with his current blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: JST and bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Fang Bo is using a Viscaria in his Swedish Open QF, weird.
Fang Bo was using Viscaria at the latest round CTTSL as well. He was also using the Viscaria blade before he became a Ma Long fan boy. ;)
Nothing weird there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
He got his own blade from DHS and STILL went back to Viscaria, that is weird :p

Fang Bo was using Viscaria at the latest round CTTSL as well. He was also using the Viscaria blade before he became a Ma Long fan boy. ;)
Nothing weird there.

Reactions: StehTischtennis