Android App Development Idea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Hello All,

I follow Table Tennis Daily since a long time but a i create my account in order to get some idea.

I'm currently developing an app for Android Phone, in order to provide some tools to table tennis players.

I'm French, and i started my application with implementation of the french Points Calculation ( points wons or loses after each match ), a shortcut to french table tennis licence and authorized rubbers list from ITTF.

I'm currently thinking to build a view of Latest and best table tennis video.

Like table tennis daily, i want to make a single application for a maximum of player, and nationality. I already found the point calculation system for UK player on the etta website.

Do you have some other idea for english player or other nationalities?

For each country where language is different than english or french, i will also need some help to translate information, and app.

Thanks for advance.

Reactions: revulucao
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Good day!

You have a very good idea of developing an app for table tennis. I also love table tennis, although I'm not that good at it but I find that sport very interesting.

Hope you could include the country Philippines as one of your options for the apps.hehe:)

Thank You and God Bless!:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
It's a good idea to create an app for tennis players. Recently I read an article about this topic, you can check if you are interested: cleveroad.com/blog/hire-a-programmer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
@filsdegandalf
there is a guy in Japan who is making a very interesting app for organizing round-robin type tournaments in Japan:

- manages registration, payments
- manages the tournament itself:
pairs players according to their rankings, assigns tables and referees to each match, saves scores of each match
- updates the ranking of the players according to the match results

- you can list a team, so that teammates avoid playing against each other in early rounds

Ranking info is private, not public, and is used for pairings only.
[those tournaments are private and not JTTA registered]

the website is P4match.com, all in Japanese
the webmaster doesn't speak english alas, (maybe reads it ?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Been there done that :). I have developed TTMatch app (both ios and android) which had ability to show videos as well as setup and conduct tournament. It even had an option to organize a ladder tournament.

I have stopped working on it for the past few years. If you want to learn then go ahead and do it but do not expect users as the userbase using apps for Table tennis is limited.