London 2012 Olympics (Teams)

Who will win the London Olympics 2012 Men's Team Event?

• China

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Singapore

• Hongkong

• Austria

• Portugal

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • (Other)

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I agree with Sir Azlan.. Probably he is at the end of his career? Let's hope not. Kim Kyung Ah is amazing @ 35!

Anyways hero of the day is Tang Peng for acquiring 2 points for Hong Kong. Shame I didn't watch him in action since I am a short pipper now..

Ahhh, you have evolved I see. How's your game now with those short pips? :) Before you know it, you'll be using Calibra or Tenergy on both sides hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Ahhh, you have evolved I see. How's your game now with those short pips? :) Before you know it, you'll be using Calibra or Tenergy on both sides hehe

Haha I do remember putting a poll with funny answers and actually what you voted came true, Sir Azlan :)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/poll.php?pollid=74&do=showresults
But I think I will never leave behind my ocassional chops ;)

My blog will answer your questions, Sir :)
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17348&start=77

Also, I gotta say that's some fine sportmanship from Tang Peng in the last set against Koki Niwa!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Awesome Japanese girls!
Yeah!
They beat Singapore for the first time, they always lose to them! :)
Comments from Ai FUKUHARA and Sayaka HIRANO (JPN) after Japan beat Singapore 3-0 in the semifinals of the women's table tennis team event at ExCeL on Sunday.

Ai FUKUHARA:

On advancing to the final, which means Japan will win at least a silver medal: "I really don't know what to say, I can't believe it. This is one medal for three (the three-member Japanese team)."

Sayaka HIRANO:

On the win: "The reason we won is because we had nothing to lose. We had never won a team game against Singapore before, so we just went for it."

On Ai Fukuhara winning the first game against London 2012 singles bronze medallist FENG Tianwei (SIN): "She is the bronze medallist, so winning the first game was such a positive moment for us and such a negative moment for Singapore."

On their guaranteed medal in the competition: "I am so happy I can win a medal with these wonderful girls. Singapore are such a strong team - we have never beaten them before - but we tried our very best and won."

On whether they can win gold: "I really don't know. We will wait and see which team we play (China play Korea in the second semifinal on Monday). But I think if we play like we did today we can beat anyone."
"This is such an achievement for table tennis in Japan, now our goal is to win gold for the three of us. It is something Japan has been waiting for, for such a long time."
"Before this Olympic Games we were made second seeds so the expectation is very high - our ability is much better than in the last Olympic Games (Beijing 2008)."

On their support: "All our families are here - it means so much to have the support from them and the whole Japanese nation."

This was just so super match!
I love the fact they are in the final and they believe they can win! :)

This user has no status.
My photos highlights from the weekend Men's Team action. If you switch to full-screen, there is a Show Info link on the top right with brief details of each.

Friday 3rd August Men's Team Round 1
Portugal 3-0 Great Britain
Sweden 1-3 Germany
Brazil 0-3 Hong Kong
Austria 3-0 Egypt

Saturday 4th August Men's Team Round 1
DPR Korea 1-3 Korea Rep.
China 3-1 Russian Fed.
Japan 3-0 Canada
Australia 0-3 Singapore

Sunday 5th August Men's Team Quarter-finals
China 3-0 Singapore