Is table tennis the hardest sport in the world?

says Thanks Dan, Posting of threads understood. :)
says Thanks Dan, Posting of threads understood. :)
Nov 2010
The only reason baseball, basketball, golf and tennis are rated so much above tabletennis as a world sport is that these are popular sports in the highest income countries. Hence, more people have leisure time and money to watch these sports, you can build large stadia where large numbers of people can go and watch them and pay heavily for tickets and beer too, which brings in even more money by way of sponsors and brand building. At the grass root level, not even a fraction of those who bring in the money into these sports, actually play the sport seriously.
This is in start contrast to sports like tabletennis, where almost all those you see in the TT arena are actually active players or have been so in the past, even though there is no money in it and you can't have a 'good time drinking beer with pals', while watching it!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well it's just ridiculously debatable, which probably explains why there are 5 pages of comments :p I suppose unless you had played every single sport at an elite level you couldn't really know and some may find the ball speed of table tennis a lot easier than others. It's down to the individual really, for someone who isn't flexible at all gymnastics is probably the hardest sport in the world, every sportsperson is different and every sport has its difficulties! :D