Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
If it were about TT in movies. But is there actually any good? Ball of fury might be some trash fun, but haven't watched yet.

(As for the fav movies I'd still go with American Beauty)

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

well, Forest Gump has some "impressive" TT in it :)

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yeah, I know. And if I remember correctly he's also playing with no spin at all. Seems all film makers focus on smashing and speed, but none of them actually has any grasp of spin in TT. (But I'll probably still watch balls of fury some day anyway just for the lulz)
well, Forest Gump has some "impressive" TT in it :)

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I all seriousness there are two wonderful films on Vimeo about table tennis.
The Tables tells the story of table tennis in Bryant Park NYC.
Believe That is the story of a Downs Syndrome table tennis team and is quite magnificent.
both are must watch for table tennis players and human beings.

Reactions: Simas and Joepole
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Best TT films:

The Tables (as Killiegradge mentions) - great little short about real TT enthusiasts
Ping Pong (Japanese feature film)
As One (about United Korea at the 1991 Worlds)
Bragden ('The Feat' about the great Swedish team in 1989) OK, it's a documentary.

Otherwise I like Arthouse films; at the moment heavily into classic Japanese New Wave - Teshigahara/Shinoda/Kobayashi etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yeah, I know. And if I remember correctly he's also playing with no spin at all. Seems all film makers focus on smashing and speed, but none of them actually has any grasp of spin in TT. (But I'll probably still watch balls of fury some day anyway just for the lulz)

never even paid attention if they are spinning or hitting. Must have been watching on autopilot. When someday will be rewatching it, I think I will definitely pay more attention to this part

Status
Not open for further replies.