TTDaily members and TT in 2012-13 season

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I am starting this topic, because the 2012-13 season starts soon, next month, maybe somebody starts this month already..
I want to share and know how you all play!

For example, I and my team are going to have a friendly warm up match this friday! :)
We were challenged by some team, so I am very anxious to see how it will be..
I didnt compete for 3 years, so this will be kinda new for me :)
Our competition will start in late september or early october, but friendly matches are already on..

How about you?

This user has no status.
Cant you join some university team?
When I was at university, they had university team, that played in a City league which was pretty good..
I got my ass kicked all the time, lol :D

Dont know where Steven will go to university but every big dutch university should have at least some practice time, dont know if theres a university league there..
And there is a big tournament in Eindhoven every year whith students from all over europe, but the dutch players mostly get their ass kicked there :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yeah most universities have their own table tennis club and so does mine. But I checked their teams and it's all pretty much below my level. There's also a bigger club near my house with players of my level so I'd rather try my luck there. It's too late to sign up for the next season anyway so I'll take my time getting used to the new school, work and living on my own first.*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So the league has started!
I am signed to 3 different teams lists, one in 6th league, that will be probably my main one - it is Žilina Energodata G, then in 5th league Žilina Energodata F and then, I dont know why, in 3rd league in Žilina C..
Today is my first league match after years, so I hope I will do well!

And how about you guys?
Leagues started? Any wins already? Or loses??

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nope :p just local league for me...i live on an island of like 90,000 people nd only like 150 play tt..warm up matches are pointless :p

You got it lucky dude, in my mother nation, I used to live in a city of 100,000 and I was the only registered player. No fun, no league, no club, no action, no time to drive 3 hours each way to Dallas for proper TT action.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So well our match went veeery bad! :D
We lost 14:4, pretty bad loss..
But my team was team comming from 7th league into 6th and our opponents were from 5th league falled into 6th, so it was expected..
The only good thing - for me - is that I won 3 from those 4 points for our team ;)
So I made great introduction for me into the league, yeah ;)

Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yesterday was an awesome day for me!!! :)
Yeah!
I won everything!
I won the doubles with my partner and then all 4 matches!
Though, I see where my weak points are..
Too many times I had setpoints and I couldnt use them..
I was 10:6 - became to 10:10, 10:8, became to 10:10.. like 4-5 times..
But I won all those sets, so that is a good thing.. But when it comes to that my hands starts to shake and.. well its not good as before..
But important is I won and we won as a team 13:5, so great match for us yesterday!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yeah, last match was against a team that was at that time at the top of the league!
We went there, thinking we might get bad beat, but .. well..
We got it to 9:9! :)

Here is the result and guess what?

http://www.pinec.info/htm/rozpis/zapis/?soutez=1988&zapis=85

I won all my matches (except the doubles, where we lost first game 11:0, lol :D )

Reactions: Giangt
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Yeah most universities have their own table tennis club and so does mine. But I checked their teams and it's all pretty much below my level. There's also a bigger club near my house with players of my level so I'd rather try my luck there. It's too late to sign up for the next season anyway so I'll take my time getting used to the new school, work and living on my own first.*

Lucky you, my uni does not have a TT club! Everything is around soccer and volleyball...
Anyway, good luck to all of you who are starting their season ;)

Reactions: Dan