Werner Schlager Academy - Summer Camp

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I love table tennis camps. Never been to WSA before, but I'll definitely check this out one day. I've heart it's amazing with a lot of modern, high quality stuff in there, so... And it isn't that expensive as you said, FlyRyder. Hope you'll have a great time there ! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Does anyone know of any similar training academies in either Belgium (Brussels or Antwerp) or in France (Montpelier or others)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Does anyone know what the content of the training school days is at the Werner Schlager Academy?

There is not much information on this on their website. It just seems to say 10-12 and 14-16 each day. I have done local camps with 4 hours of training and this doesn't seem that much, especially when you include service training. I am not sure whether this is all you get. I am wondering about their weekend camps, but seems difficult to justify for 2* 4 hour days. How much individual coaching do you get? How much multiball? Video Analysis? Do you get acces to a table at other times to play or practice some more with others attending the camp?

Perhaps I should email them sometime.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Unless you are a top pro player - as in internationally recognised - sparring is not great. I play reasonably high level - not international by any stretch of the imagination, BUT expected players far better than me to spar with (how else would I improve/push myself otherwise) and ended up playing with (and helping) players nowhere near my level. Facilities are fantastic - sparring partners - not so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Unless you are a top pro player - as in internationally recognised - sparring is not great. I play reasonably high level - not international by any stretch of the imagination, BUT expected players far better than me to spar with (how else would I improve/push myself otherwise) and ended up playing with (and helping) players nowhere near my level. Facilities are fantastic - sparring partners - not so.

Hi jedimaster, I would appreciate you can share more of your experience. How was the ratio students/coach? How was the structure of a typical day? Did Richard Prause or Dirk Wagner directly coached you or there were other coaches? Do coaches used video taping as a tool ?(for instance, if they tell you that your stroke is "too long", and you don't truly get it, they can show you how you look on tape, a sort of "reality check").

Sorry for so many questions, but your direct experience with the good level you have is very useful. Anyway, do you know other training programs that offer quality training (not only in summer) to players of your level or just a bit lower ?

Thanks.

Reactions: Dan
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Are you there, jedi? :)
Hi there) sorry for the late reply, been away on holiday for a while... Neither Dick Wagner or Richard Prause will coach you there, unless you are like I said already, an international level player. Also, there was no video analysis of any kind. The day was hard work, but the drills were certainly not ground breaking or anything like that. What was most disappointing however was the level of sparring partners - the drills could have been quite useful if the level of partner was much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi there) sorry for the late reply, been away on holiday for a while... Neither Dick Wagner or Richard Prause will coach you there, unless you are like I said already, an international level player. Also, there was no video analysis of any kind. The day was hard work, but the drills were certainly not ground breaking or anything like that. What was most disappointing however was the level of sparring partners - the drills could have been quite useful if the level of partner was much better.

Thanks for your reply, jedimaster. May be you know of another club that gives training for outsiders (individually or in camps) not only in summers, that you would like to recommend for players (like myself) way above begginer level but not so high as a promising junior. Though I am not certainly a junior (that was so long in the past, LOL), I wouldn't mind playing with people under my age if the coaching is really valuable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thanks for your reply, jedimaster. May be you know of another club that gives training for outsiders (individually or in camps) not only in summers, that you would like to recommend for players (like myself) way above begginer level but not so high as a promising junior. Though I am not certainly a junior (that was so long in the past, LOL), I wouldn't mind playing with people under my age if the coaching is really valuable.

Bump:rolleyes:

(sorry for insisting on your reply concerning another site/s for training, but I think you have the kind of playing level that allows to evaluate accurately a solid training program, so I don't want to lose the chance to know your thoughts).

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Hi there, sorry been a bit busy and forgot to reply this one - there are good camps I hear (I have not been there yet) in France...there is a thread already on this topic somewhere....

This user has no status.
Bump:rolleyes:

(sorry for insisting on your reply concerning another site/s for training, but I think you have the kind of playing level that allows to evaluate accurately a solid training program, so I don't want to lose the chance to know your thoughts).

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...ugal-)-Prices-got-all-incluided-(Less-travel)

At this post you can find an academy where many portuguese 1st division players had train themselfs for what they are today.
The post is about a summer camp,but they accept people all during the year,you just have to get in contacted with them.
People there are very polite and friendly,prices are quiet affordable,and you can find very good players for your sparrings.
Hope i've helped you.

Keep trainin'

Reactions: revulucao

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Sorry for digging this thread, but I hope I can give some general information and clear some questions that were asked in this thread.

General:
At WSA we have two different fields: The professional groups and the Table Tennis School.
The professional groups practise almost every day with 2-3 sessions per day. In the last year we offered practise at 362 days. There are numerous players from many different countries who practise at WSA.
The Table Tennis School offers training according to the course schedule (not every day!). The schedule can be checked here: http://www.wsa-tt.com/table-tennis-training.html. The Table Tennis School training can be attended by everyone.

Table Tennis School or Professional Group?

This just depends on the player's level. If you are not sure how good your level is, it is the best to provide us an uncut video that we can get an impression of your level. The level of the Professional Group starts with German 5. league or Austrians 3. league. Unfortunately I cannot compare it with leagues in other countries because I do not know how strong they are.
We try to find the best solution for every player and if we realize on-site that a group does not fit to the player we are flexible enough to change it.

Accomodation at WSA:
Unfortunately WSA does not have it's own hotel. We can offer players a stay at WSA Appartment which has a kitchen for self-catering, free WLAN and is only 3 minutes walk away from the hall. A supermarket is besides WSA hall.
We also cooperate with some hotels in Schwechat and can help you with the booking because we can get reduced WSA prices. Usually the stay at the hotels includes breakfast.
For meals (dinner, lunch) there is a restaurant open during the week (but not at the weekend) and there are some other restaurants within 5-10 minutes walk. You can also order food, e.g. Lucky Food - which is an asian restaurant.

Contents of a Table Tennis School course:
The usual contents are technique, footwork, coordination, service and return etc. It always depends on the players' wishes. From my experience especially topspin technique and service and return are hot topics for most participants.
We offer some special courses regularly which deal with a special topic most of the time (e.g. service and return course in March 2014 with Werner Schlager or pimple course in September 2014).
Included in every course is a multiball practise which is adapted to the player's wishes. The specific time for multiball depends on the group size.
Our aim is to have a player-coach ratio of 1 coach for maximum 8 players.

Sparring partners and course participants:
With every new course the level of the participants changes. When the group is big enough we can usually divide the players by their level and give every player the possibility to practise with players at their level. Sometimes this is not possible, e.g. when the group size is very small. Then we try to include with more multiball and robot practise, that every player can improve his level.
Sometimes sparring partners also join the course but we cannot guarantee it for every course.

Head Coaches at Table Tennis School courses:
Starting in 2014 we introduced a program for the Table Tennis School courses that includes the visit of a WSA head coach - Dirk Wagner, Richard Prause, Werner Schlager - or WSA professional player at every course! It will be at least 30 minutes that you have time to ask questions and learn from the head coaches about any topics in table tennis, e.g. Q&A with Dirk Wagner or service practise with Richard Prause.
It is our aim to have a WSA head coach or professional player at every course!

Video Analysis, free tables in the break:
Of course you can use the tables - if they are free - in the breaks and before / after the courseas long as there is WSA staff available.We also offer free test rackets to try out new materials in the breaks.
Short videos can be made during the regular practise, just to show a specific mistake / movement etc.
For a longer and intensive video analysis we use multiball and camera. The video analysis is usually one hour with multiball practise and discussion about the videos. As this is an additional offer please note that it is not included in the course prize.

If you have any open questions you can ask here or (better) per mail at: [email protected]

Reactions: MDanielCRO
says Training Camps In Hungary! www.tabletennistrainingcamps.com
says Training Camps In Hungary! www.tabletennistrainingcamps.com
Jan 2013
It's €180 for 5 days mon-fri and €75 for their weekend courses. I'll probably go for 7 days.
They have rooms at the academy where you can stay for €38.50 per night (cheaper if you're willing to share).
For me it was either this place or the training camp in Hungary; but it seems like a mission to get to the camp from Budapest and also it's only for 5 days

Out of interest how much is the Danish one? Do you have a link with details about the course?

Check out us ;) www.ttcampshungary.com

training camps in Eger Hungary alot more 1v1 time and personal attention.

Reactions: jedimasterplk

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
For everyone who likes to use the next months for preparation and table tennis courses at high level quality!
Practise in Werner Schlager's living room at WSA in Schwechat.

Here a little overview of our schedule in the next months:

Mai 2014
Special Course "Ascension Day": 29. May - 01. June (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/special-course-sp-19.html)

June 2014
"Whitsun Course": 16. June - 20. June (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/one-week-course-l21.html)

July 2014
Preparation Course 1: 14. July - 18. July (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/one-week-course-l24.html)
Preparation Course 2: 28. July - 01. August (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/one-week-course-l27.html)

August 2014
Preparation Course 3 - Intensive course with 3 sessions per day: 04. August - 08. August (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/special-course-sp29.html)
Preparation Course 4 - Intensive course with 3 sessions per day: 16. August - 17. August (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/special-course-sp31.html)
Preparation Course 5 - Intensive course with 3 sessions per day: 18. August - 22. August (http://www.wsa-tt.com/termine-en/items/special-course-sp32.html)

Hope to see you soon at WSA :)

Reactions: MDanielCRO