What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
WHOLESALE DISCOUNT ON BUTTERFLY RUBBER PRODUCTS.
You can obtain some rubber products at discount price, 25 USD a piece from Japan's Butterfly factory store directly. Price abatement by 60% for all rubbers after shelf time got expired. They only shipping out a bulk order of 50 pieces and more.

Be happy/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
WHOLESALE DISCOUNT ON BUTTERFLY RUBBER PRODUCTS.
You can obtain some rubber products at discount price, 25 USD a piece from Japan's Butterfly factory store directly. Price abatement by 60% for all rubbers after shelf time got expired. They only shipping out a bulk order of 50 pieces and more.

Be happy/

Link please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yall have friendship circle.
There is no replacement for 05fx and 05 kick spin because sponge is unique and a lot of pro players buy only sponges for their pips
For me there is no rubber like 05fx and poor durability like 05fx.
Fxs is 70% slower....

no time for 47.5 degree sponges.
In 2020 top pro players dont need Butterfly rubbers because when Xiom, Andro, Victas, Tibhar, Joola make 55-60 degree sponge and perfect strong booster and the spongee will be as light as 05...
Gauzy is kryptonite for Xuperman without 05
I see Liam ballin with Victas brand and kicked out Ma Long one time.
For normal user Victas v15 extra is near 05
Omega Asia 7 is near too with better durability
But you wont get the same kick with the same arc and spin like 05

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
my alternative to 05 ! its slower , but!!

There is no replacement for 05fx and 05 kick spin because sponge is unique and a lot of pro players buy only sponges for their pips
Fxs is 70% slower.... Barracuda is heaven .
After reading most of these posts . l too had so much trouble switching from tenergy 05 cos of throw angle nothing is higher . l played with 05 from the get go 4 years ago... tried xiom asia 7 , really low throw and v fast lots long our net balls , . could not do flips near the table .then rasanter 42 and 47.5 and rhyser 48 .. not much feel and so fast .the 42 is too soft .. when l tried a off+ blade carbonado 290 . strangely its got great feel for so much carbon . l tried slower rubbers like donic m3 .. but now my best rubber is donic BARRACUDA . l think its 45 degrees but not sure about that , sadly not many 45 degree rubbers out there ..??.with high throw .. only one ! maybe donic M2 ? not tried it .Are the throw angles on rev spin.com ..more accurate than speed or control // ?.. l hope so .... the blade is so hard its fast if the rubber is boosted .. its soft and has a high throw good feel on spins . and has more spin than 05 . great for control massive spin play .does not go long like the alternatives to 05 thou not the kick or speed of 05. bearing in mind this is testing diff rubbers on a advanced robot , recently .no real play yet! may be too good to be true ,a revelation may be smashed a better rubber for me than tenergy more control on pushes and spins with barracuda its like 05 , v high throw most alternatives have low thro esp 47/ 50+ sponges .the new thick sponge thin top sheet rubbers that are everywhere , l tried some . have for me no feel on spin ups and are fast low throw ones.wow. barracuda heaven . note its only good with fast v hard off+ blades l found . beware it can feel slow on thin alc blades .. but no rubber has more spin ... thou slower rubbers can only appear to have more spin than fast ones don't know .not tried v many diff rubbers ..hope not too!
In 2020 top pro players dont need Butterfly rubbers because when Xiom, Andro, Victas, Tibhar, Joola make 55-60 degree sponge and perfect strong booster and the spongee will be as light as 05...
why does it say this message is too short its pretty long ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
My 2 cents:

I have been playing with T05 and T05fx for 10 years and tried to switch last season because my retailer couldn't order butterfly anymore.

I tried:
R47
Rhyzer 48
Hexer PowerGrip
Xiom Vega X
Gewo Nexus el 48
Thibar mxp
Rhyzer 45pro
Rhyzer 43

And of these Nexus el 48 felt the best but not the same as butterfly T05

Then I was about to give up on my search but I ordered Dynaryz ACC as a last try.
To me this is the best rubber I tried so far, it really has the "Tenergy 05 feel" for me.

I tried Dynaryz ACC because it has the same hardness as T05 but the rubber is so good that I'm gonna order the Dynaryz AGR after this to see if that one is even better for me.

Dynaryz ACC is a 47/48 hardness rubber but "feels" softer just like T05 feels softer then a 47 rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Fxs is 70% slower....

When Pitchford beat Ma Long, he was still using Butterfly (Mizutani + Tenergy). In fact after he switched to Victas, his results have not been so amazing, but I doubt it's due to equipment either. Gauzy has also lost to Xu Xin in the two other matches since he switched to Andro. So I'm not saying you're wrong about the new European brand rubbers, but it's not for that reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
When Pitchford beat Ma Long, he was still using Butterfly (Mizutani + Tenergy). In fact after he switched to Victas, his results have not been so amazing, but I doubt it's due to equipment either. Gauzy has also lost to Xu Xin in the two other matches since he switched to Andro. So I'm not saying you're wrong about the new European brand rubbers, but it's not for that reason.

You mean beating Xu Xin for the first time is not so amazing? It does take time to adjust...

But your main point is right but it also means that the rubbers may not be that far behind Tenergy if at all...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
You mean beating Xu Xin for the first time is not so amazing? It does take time to adjust...

But your main point is right but it also means that the rubbers may not be that far behind Tenergy if at all...

Didn't know he had actually, just noticed a lot of early exits and some unexpected losses but I do not keep up with every tournament. Fair point, excuse my ignorance.

My point was only that I wouldn't conclude too much about equipment based off pro player's wins (or losses). For now it seems like a lot of these rubbers are still just pumped full of chemicals which causes it to die off too quickly and unpredictably, but hopefully I am wrong. That is okey for sponsored players who are changing sheets every 2-3 days but not for the rest of the people. I am hearing good things about Andro R53 and JOOLA Dynaryz. The gap may be closing, unfortunately (or fortunately) Butterfly has now responded with Dignics.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is a bit like Stiga Mantra. Korean brand.

Don't anyone start comparing Karis to T05 for any similarity.

I sell that rubber in USA and I used it for a couple years before I transitioned to dynamic rubbers.

Karis is about the polar opposite of T05. It is totally linear, doesn't really have catapult, doesn't make 80% spin with a 20% stroke... but it handles spin so well, does only what you tell it to do, and you can make spin with your technique.

I have so many people see me play with it, want it, buy it, then they play the same way with it that they do T05 and suddenly, they are not spinny or fast with a weak stroke... then they hate on it. Plus, it lasts so long after the topsheet looks not new. I could get 500 hours+ out of a sheet, and it still prolly had life.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Don't anyone start comparing Karis to T05 for any similarity.

I sell that rubber in USA and I used it for a couple years before I transitioned to dynamic rubbers.

Karis is about the polar opposite of T05. It is totally linear, doesn't really have catapult, doesn't make 80% spin with a 20% stroke... but it handles spin so well, does only what you tell it to do, and you can make spin with your technique.

I have so many people see me play with it, want it, buy it, then they play the same way with it that they do T05 and suddenly, they are not spinny or fast with a weak stroke... then they hate on it. Plus, it lasts so long after the topsheet looks not new. I could get 500 hours+ out of a sheet, and it still prolly had life.

That's it. I play better with that kind of rubber. It definitely punishes lazy technique though. It is pretty much the opposite of T05.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One aspect with a linear control rubber if you are facing a strong incoming loop and you keep grip relaxed and do a compact low power stroke, that almost looks lazy, but you are doing a defensive topspin that is so reliable under pressure.

That is one of the things I liked with Karis, when under pressure with topspin, I could get the ball back. Wasn't overwhelming, but better than pissing away the point straight away. Similar thing with counter-topspins - if I kept grip lighter and did the counter, I wasn't blazing it, but I handled the spin, made my own, wasn't real powerful, but I still made an attacking response with high percentage. That ended up counting for a lot.

Satisfying in that you glue on a sheet, you can keep it there forever until it almost falls off. I got way more hours out of Karis than MX-P, like double or more.