What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Does the OP really mean "alternative" or is he actually looking for a "clone" that behaves thre same way as T05?

If the OP is still looking...

cache.php

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The OP was last active 2 weeks ago. I wonder what adjective he'd use now to describe the price. His use of astronomical is really fitting here, seeing the universe is still expanding at an increasing speed. Butterfly is merely taking a page from nature. So deep.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
As of the moment, newer rubbers like Joola Dynariz AGR and Xiom Omega 7 Asia are better alternatives for T05.
I haven't tried joola rubbers, but I don' think omega 7 asia is a good alternative for tenergy 05. Ok O7A is faster and spinner but is not easy to use, only pro players could take the best of it. On the other hand tenergy is easier to use. The sponge hardness of O7A requires strong hitting force, tenergy 05 is softer and has more gears. I think that Omega V tour is the closest rubber to tenergy 05, similar trow angle, speed, spin and hardness.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
As of the moment, newer rubbers like Joola Dynariz AGR and Xiom Omega 7 Asia are better alternatives for T05.

Off topic, but yogi based on your review I am going to try O7P after using T05 for 3+ years. Fingers crossed.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I saw in another posts about Bluefire M2. I don't tried it but a lot of people say that it is the same as T05.

I used M2 for 6 months. There in NO WAY a sane person not under the influence of meds could compare that rubber to T05 in anyway, except for sponge firmness.

But then again, why do so many citizens wish to purchase and carry away 5 each 30 roll jumbo packs of toilet paper from the store?

Off topic, but yogi based on your review I am going to try O7P after using T05 for 3+ years. Fingers crossed.

Pro version has a different feel and playing characteristics. Pro needs more sponge engagement while Asia like 05 needs brushing mostly.

I haven't tried joola rubbers, but I don' think omega 7 asia is a good alternative for tenergy 05. Ok O7A is faster and spinner but is not easy to use, only pro players could take the best of it. On the other hand tenergy is easier to use. The sponge hardness of O7A requires strong hitting force, tenergy 05 is softer and has more gears. I think that Omega V tour is the closest rubber to tenergy 05, similar trow angle, speed, spin and hardness.
Ease of usage of Tenergy 05 is subjective. I have own a few ones in the past decade and still i find it too spin sensitive which i do not find in O7A. Contrary to your personal feel, I find O7A easier to use.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is no alternative to Tenergy 05. Stop asking.

Yep. I agree with this.

There are other rubbers. They are different. But they are not an alternative. They are not close. T05 is the best alternative for T05. :)

Reactions: KM1976
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One of the ways of explaining it is that Butterfly's spring sponge is just better than any of the other sponges. So Tenergy allows you to feel the ball in a way that other rubbers just don't. I like MXP. It is good enough. I use it. The performance is not so far behind T05. But T05 definitely gets better spin and it just also feels so much better. Because the sponge lets you feel the ball better, it makes it so there is more you can do with the rubber.

That is how it seems and feels to me anyway. But I do know people who are good players who don't like Tenergy. So, everyone is different.

Reactions: sspark80
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
There is no alternative but you might play just as well or even better with something else. But it will feel different. Nobody has cloned it the way people have cloned, say, Butterfly ALC blades.

As Carl said, the sponge is completely unique.

Only wsy to know if something else suits you is to try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I would really like to see a double blind test being performed with players of all ages and performance level, that claim, that T05 is so "unique" and distinct. I personally have tested many rubbers and I also claim that there are differences that I "feel". But would I put a serious amount of money in a bet being able to distinguish between rubber A and B? Don't think so....

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have little doubt about being able to tell te difference between the non-fx Tenergies and the common alternatives.

I do like T05 and do think it has unique qualities. However, for me that also holds true for quite a few of the common contenders.

Much of that is level and style related, and quite a bit, I think, a matter of personal preference.

Rubbers do not induce a consistent complete partial order, in short. So, no complete lattice, and no top element.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
I mostly base my suggestions for alternatives of T0t based on their performance and less with feel because they do not just feel like Tenergy 05. Several rubbers now from ESN provide you with more speed and spin but they cannot replicate the feel of T05 hence maybe people are basing it as still being superior than modern ESN rubbers.