What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I've given up trying.
I have customers that want the fastest.
Doesn't work - end up buying another fastest
Doesn't work - end up getting a coach
Doesn't work - so coach said get an allround setup.
starting to work
The same setup I suggested before all these doesn't work.
😂😂😂

For some people, you need to pay the school fees, to learn that fastest doesn't mean best for you.
Its like getting an F1 car. that kind of fast car is useless in many parts of my driving requirements.

Too many people want to take shortcuts and ends up with a bad technique and a hole in their pockets :D

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Hi Carl,

Just saw this post of yours that was addressed to me directly.

I bought R48 couple of week ago that I have glued to one of my bat but I have not play with it yet as I am do not want to mess with my equipment too much especially during competition time. I'll be able to some feedback after my competition ends and in between tournament time, where I'll get some silly time to play around with these new set-ups.

Cheers mate.

Oh well. By the time you try it, the factory tuning will have worn off. It is still darn good after that. But it takes about 3 weeks for that magical tuning effect on that rubber to wear off. Such is the life of a True EJ. You still will never know what it plays like brand new, freshly glued.....at least until the next time you buy it new, put it on your racket and use it right after. :)

NB: Three weeks whether you use the rubber or not!

So, buying a rubber like that, putting it on a racket, and then not using it for a month is sort of like throwing cash down the drain. :) Well, not exactly. But it is a much different rubber after the tuning effect wears off. Still it is darn good after anyway.

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

Oh well. By the time you try it, the factory tuning will have worn off. It is still darn good after that. But it takes about 3 weeks for that magical tuning effect on that rubber to wear off. Such is the life of a True EJ. You still will never know what it plays like brand new, freshly glued.....at least until the next time you buy it new, put it on your racket and use it right after. :)

NB: Three weeks whether you use the rubber or not!

So, buying a rubber like that, putting it on a racket, and then not using it for a month is sort of like throwing cash down the drain. :) Well, not exactly. But it is a much different rubber after the tuning effect wears off. Still it is darn good after anyway.

I thought I am cure of EJ disease but there is just something that remain and there will be occasion where relapse may occur. Sigh... I am such a weak minded feeble victim.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
CHINA-MADE RUBBERS OF HIGH RESILIENCE, The closest analogue to Tenergy.
According to a laboratory report, a high resilience rubber by the Great Dragon China factory is a near par to Tenergy, having "rebound index" of 66% vs 65% on Tenergy sample.

Be happy

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

The list of best substitutes for Tenergy 05. In addition to the Butterfly Tenergy 05, rubbers such as
Joola Rhyzm,
XIOM Omega,
Stiga DNA series,
Stiga Calibra LT

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The best substitute for Tenergy 05 is Dignics 05. Show me the money!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Igor has spoken. Admin Carl, you can now close this thread.
I wonder what a "rebound index" is? I don't see how it could be the same as a coefficient of restitution.
At least Igor's thread isn't an opinion by an uncalibrated human.
However, I bet there are a lot of rubbers that are close or almost identical to T05. There are so many rubbers now and the range of coefficients of restitution is limited to a range of 0 to 1. I bet most are in the range of 0.6 to 0.7. Given the realistic range and how many rubbers there are, there must be many duplicates.

This user has no status.

The list of best substitutes for Tenergy 05. In addition to the Butterfly Tenergy 05, rubbers such as
1. Joola Rhyzm,
2. XIOM Omega,
3. Stiga DNA series,
4. Stiga Calibra LT

1. Joola i have their balls and a robot, i don't know how good their blades and rubbers are.
2. Is XIOM really into business? I mean in the clubs and everywhere i go play i never see anyone with XIOM rubbers in my country.
3. Isn't it the same of Truls using it with his weird shape blade?
4. I hate this rubber regardless of others are recommending it, i hope one day i can like it really somehow.
5. MX-P, this is from me, i hate it also

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

1. Joola i have their balls and a robot, i don't know how good their blades and rubbers are.
2. Is XIOM really into business? I mean in the clubs and everywhere i go play i never see anyone with XIOM rubbers in my country.
3. Isn't it the same of Truls using it with his weird shape blade?
4. I hate this rubber regardless of others are recommending it, i hope one day i can like it really somehow.
5. MX-P, this is from me, i hate it also

1. Since this is a rubber thread, Joola rubbers are ESN made too,
2. Yes, they into business, then maybe you need to travel a bit.
If that isn't possible, just travel the internet, and go see how strong they are in the Japanese market (the home of Nittaku and Butterfly). With the anti Korean hype, Xiom can be a top seller is a sign.

This user has no status.
1. Since this is a rubber thread, Joola rubbers are ESN made too,
2. Yes, they into business, then maybe you need to travel a bit.
If that isn't possible, just travel the internet, and go see how strong they are in the Japanese market (the home of Nittaku and Butterfly). With the anti Korean hype, Xiom can be a top seller is a sign.

On the internet anything can be strong, if that is so then it should be good business in my country, because i only see those names such as BTY/Nittaku/Tibhar/Yasaka, even DHS i saw, but XIOM/Joola/TSP/ Andro.... i didn't see, but thanks for clarifying it to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

On the internet anything can be strong, if that is so then it should be good business in my country, because i only see those names such as BTY/Nittaku/Tibhar/Yasaka, even DHS i saw, but XIOM/Joola/TSP/ Andro.... i didn't see, but thanks for clarifying it to me.

Most countries, the TT market is very small.
Not all brands will be major players there.

Even in the like of Japan, such a big tt country. Many top Europea brands are minute there

This user has no status.

Most countries, the TT market is very small.
Not all brands will be major players there.

Even in the like of Japan, such a big tt country. Many top Europea brands are minute there

That is completely true, and it is really surprising, because i see so many brands, and they keep going, i mean since 5-7 years i didn't see brands being out of the business, or lack of products, in fact i see few more coming into business, one of them is GEWO, the club[academy] i am member in is selling GEWO products since last year or since 2020, and i saw this brand for the first time when i was shopping in one Germany online store.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

That is completely true, and it is really surprising, because i see so many brands, and they keep going, i mean since 5-7 years i didn't see brands being out of the business, or lack of products, in fact i see few more coming into business, one of them is GEWO, the club[academy] i am member in is selling GEWO products since last year or since 2020, and i saw this brand for the first time when i was shopping in one Germany online store.

well, consider most brands don't really manufacture they own things.
They are mere OEM companies, with a marketing/sales team and R&D Team.

For the ones that do manufacture, they do need to factor in raw material costs/production costs.

This user has no status.

well, consider most brands don't really manufacture they own things.
They are mere OEM companies, with a marketing/sales team and R&D Team.

For the ones that do manufacture, they do need to factor in raw material costs/production costs.

Understood and clear, good luck for them and good job for others.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]Giant Dragon V-12[/size] 38 degree mid-hard. Factory price 14 USD per one/
Be happy

PS// This rubber adopted the famous American patent owned by Stingly ever since 1964. The famous @Zectron highly bouncy material.

Last edited: