What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
each rubber is really different from each other so no rubber is a clone of tenergy likewise no rubber is the same as VP, right now im also looking for an alternative of T05 and ive been using Aurus for a week i say its a good alternative, both have high throw although aurus is lower but still high throw, softer by 1 or 2 degrees, cant speak of durability since its 1 only been a week since ive been using it. i also ordered a sheet of P5 and will be getting it tomorrow, many swears that its a good alternative for T05, well i thought i give it a try
Dont expect too much....its only Adidas after all....:)

This user has no status.
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example). Adidas just went to some rubber manufacturers (are their products ESN tensors ?) like ESN and ordered some rubbers with their logo on them. They just did some marketing on their "new" rubbers and tadaa , Adidas is a table tennis supplier (and they want a piece of our money)!

As an alternative to the too expensive rubbers , maybe Tuttle Beijing 4 is good ? When you Google on this rubber , you find a nice video from Brian Pace hitting with this rubber, i think it looks promising but did anybody try this rubber and could compare with for example Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Genius ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example).

Why does this matter if the rubbers are good? Personally I haven't used them but all the user reviews seem positive.

Koki Niwa hasn't got a history in adults' table tennis but he still managed to win Ma Long?

Reactions: Scorpnox
This user has no status.
Why does this matter if the rubbers are good? Personally I haven't used them but all the user reviews seem positive.

Koki Niwa hasn't got a history in adults' table tennis but he still managed to win Ma Long?

Adidas is just another name for the same ESN Tensors , so there is nothing new created by Adidas. When you would do a blind test of rubbers you would feel no playing difference at all between all the ESN products (Joola, Tibhar,Andro, Donic ...) !! Adidas brings nothing new to table tennis material.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Adidas is just another name for the same ESN Tensors , so there is nothing new created by Adidas. When you would do a blind test of rubbers you would feel no playing difference at all between all the ESN products (Joola, Tibhar,Andro, Donic ...) !! Adidas brings nothing new to table tennis material.

So, why is Adidas worse than any of those then?
Btw Tibhar Grip-S is made by Haifu, not ESN.
I don't love Adidas, I have never used Adidas tt equipment, I'm just trying to find out why you are so keen to prove that it's crap.
Getting big sport manufacturers can be a good thing for the sport in terms of promoting too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example). Adidas just went to some rubber manufacturers (are their products ESN tensors ?) like ESN and ordered some rubbers with their logo on them. They just did some marketing on their "new" rubbers and tadaa , Adidas is a table tennis supplier (and they want a piece of our money)!

As an alternative to the too expensive rubbers , maybe Tuttle Beijing 4 is good ? When you Google on this rubber , you find a nice video from Brian Pace hitting with this rubber, i think it looks promising but did anybody try this rubber and could compare with for example Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Genius ?

i actually understand what you are trying to say and at first im honestly skeptical about it but i just bought a sheet of P5 and surprisingly it plays really nice of course its no T05 but i could also say the opposite like T05 is no P5, but then again i could also say the same about hexer, rakza 7, aurus and vega pro, so in saying this i understand what you are talking about when you mentioned theres nothing new created by aiddas, but P5 is a little cheaper than other tensors and its 2x cheaper than Tenergy, so for something that is a good alternative that comes with a smaller price, im willing to bet my money on it, just my opinion though:)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I haven't tried Tenergy 05 yet but I'm pleased with my game using either Tibhar Genius or Sinus Sound.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Rubbers are different. There are many good rubbers out there. My experience is that, when you get really used to something you start knowing how to use it and then it starts working for you. Having equipment that, in a basic way, works for your game and style is valuable. There are many options out there. Each rubber plays differently. If you get something that is the right hardness for you, that lasts long enough, where you can do all the basic shots, that should work and if you play with it long enough, it will work for you.

The equipment is not as important as the technique. But, having good equipment is worth it. So there are lots of options out there.

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
All Xiom rubbers have high throw compared to low throw of Tenergy05. I bought xiom vega pro for my BH and FH, but I was disgusted with its performance. I tried KTL Goldenstar loop version, it is much closer to the characteristics of Tenergy05 but with a very low cost. Donic Acuda S1 Turbo is also like a cloned Tenergy05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012

I don't know how much quality is in it if he hasn't used the 2 rubbers he's "reviewing" himself?

Before I start, I should point out that I haven’t actually played with either of these rubbers. My reviews are collations of personal opinions and experiences from the table tennis forums.

I purchased XIOM Vega Pro as an alternative to T05. But am still looking at others to try.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I've gone ahead and have ordered Bluefire M2 FH and M3 for BH and will give it a try after reading many many reviews. Hopefully these are the rubbers I can play with for years to come.