What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The adidas company is not owned by adidas, but has given them licensing to use the logo on their equipment. They pay the fees for each sale, but sales are typically more reputable with such a large brand name. The rubbers are amazing. Tenzone and P7 are great FH or BH rubbers depending on your styles. The other rubbers are great for intermediate players and P5 is very much like T05 in my opinion. The throws are similar and the firmness as well. The key is pairing a solid blade with the harder P and Tenzone series. I prefer the Adidas Fibertech blades with the P and Tenzone series, they work marvels.

As for alternatives to T05 there are many that can do the job, but few that feel the same as tenergy. It's hard to find a rubber with the same characteristics as spring sponge because the kick it gives is much different than a lot of other rubbers.

Most rubbers in Europe are made by the same manufacture, but have different pip structures and sponge characteristics. The rubber materials are primarily the same so when you say that rubbers are all different that's not entire true, whats different is the feeling you get when the ball sinks into the sponge. The rubber used to make the topsheets is all primarily the same and only changes a little due to pip structure. The differences lie in the pre tuning, sponge hardness and surface texture that make a Euro rubber seem different.

Really the best alternative to T05 is based off your technique and personal feeling of the ball. Find something that helps you to feel the ball and you should be able to use it just as you do T05. Concentrate less on the speed and spin because that is all through technique more than the rubber. Tenergy just allows you to feel the ball differently and that's what everyone is really searching for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Try the Slivers, as Dan said before. I think that was the best rubber ever, are they still selling them ? I'd love to buy some althugh I haven't seen it in a couple of years, so ... ;)

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
TIBHAR EVOLUTION MX-P

After using tenergy for 4 years, I wanted to try something new, so I bought a sheet of Tibhar evolution MX-P for fh and FX-P for bh. This combination is for players who use T05 fh and T05 FX fh, and this is even better for me! Belieave it or not evolution rubbers are the best I have ever tried, I highly reccomend this to any player who wants to move away from tenergy. MX-P in comparison with T05, they have the same feeling on the ball, but I have more power with MX-P, spin is I would say the same. It's not big difference in both. And FX-P on backhand absoluetly rocks! So easy to loop underspin balls. Try it guys, you want be sorry!

Reactions: Cornerer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
u will probably laugh,but i have benn using tenergy for 2 years and it has been a big expense.i always looked up to ma long as my idol.so i ordered the cheapest type of hurricane 3 neo rubbers for my fh :D
u have to adjust ur technique a little bit but i think it was worth it.my power increased,because u have to put more effort into ur strokes if u want to put hte ball over the net.kill shot are easy,touchpplay also easy,serves are very spinny and loops too :)
on my bh i have some soft ruuber(stiga calibra spin) its not that good for looping , but blocking and counter loops are great.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
Feb 2013
u will probably laugh,but i have benn using tenergy for 2 years and it has been a big expense.i always looked up to ma long as my idol.so i ordered the cheapest type of hurricane 3 neo rubbers for my fh :D
u have to adjust ur technique a little bit but i think it was worth it.my power increased,because u have to put more effort into ur strokes if u want to put hte ball over the net.kill shot are easy,touchpplay also easy,serves are very spinny and loops too :)
on my bh i have some soft ruuber(stiga calibra spin) its not that good for looping , but blocking and counter loops are great.

You missed the thread, this is about simillar rubbers to tenergy