What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
general opinions are that Bluefire is high throw while Evolution is low throw, so BF is probably closer to T05. (I never tried Evolution though)

As for Rasant let's say it's very blade-dependent. On my hard blade its spin is good but not great, but on my friend's Viscaria (soft and great dwell time) it's much spinnier than his previous T05/T64 setup(I can tell cuz i'm his long term training partner). The good thing about Tenergies is that it works just as well as it should be on most blades(regardless of hard or soft), whereas the Rasant definitely loves to be on very soft blades(maybe some looping blades too)

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
general opinions are that Bluefire is high throw while Evolution is low throw, so BF is probably closer to T05. (I never tried Evolution though)

As for Rasant let's say it's very blade-dependent. On my hard blade its spin is good but not great, but on my friend's Viscaria (soft and great dwell time) it's much spinnier than his previous T05/T64 setup(I can tell cuz i'm his long term training partner). The good thing about Tenergies is that it works just as well as it should be on most blades(regardless of hard or soft), whereas the Rasant definitely loves to be on very soft blades(maybe some looping blades too)

How can you compare Rhyzm to tenergy?

Feb 2013
I wrote that post a while back so it's a little out of date now. From the sounds of it Tibhar Evolution is the way to go. I'm hoping to try and review this rubber soon :)

You will like evolution, just give it 2 days of training and you will see. I am not so good in writeing long reviews, if anyone wants to know something about mx-p or fx-p, feel free to ask.

This user has no status.
oh so u want me to compare these 2 rubbers?

Actually rhyzm is also supposed to be Tenergy alternative. I suspect this rhyzm I bought is different from the old 1s which others have tried as those descriptions definitely totally different from what I've experienced (guess they updated the series just like for Donic Baracuda and Acuda series ...

It's pretty light(~61g uncut) unlike the non-updated 68g version. Most said it's medium hard but mine's really hard ...(probably harder than tenergies). Medium throw. On my fairly hard blade short games were quite good(but my blade always is just like how Viscaria gives great control to any rubber). Feel is somewhat like T25), when looping the dwell time is surprisingly tremendous despite such a hardish setup. Spin almost exactly same as Baracuda (both soft and hard impacts) which IMO is much spinnier than Tenergies. Speed wise it's probably a bit slower than Tenergies(not sure about this 1 cuz I tried the tenergies on other different blades) but shouln't differ too much.

This rubber does great for both looping and flat hitting. It preforms similar to T25 in terms of counter attacks but can also block easily like the T64. Looping was less forgiving on my blade but the results are amazing if i manage to use the sweet spot.

Overall rhyzm is a very capable all-rounder and probably works best on blades with up to medium-hard hardness. Rasant should be a bit better ... but it doesn't work on many hard blades including mine.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
Why does Donic keep updating their rubbers? I noticed that the sponge on the Baracuda which I bought a week ago had a different marketing code and had the "Made in Germany" tag on it too, unlike before. Does anyone know what the difference is and what modifications were made?

And to get back to the post, Xiom Vega Pro is pretty much a low-throw Tenergy 05 IMO.

This user has no status.
Oops sorry, I think it was 30 EUR or pounds.
But talking about durability, I think you are totally right Sir. Somehow Tenergy got that massive durability, must be the excellent build quality :)
I am thinking if it is better to buy a Teney rather than worning out some ESN rubber but I always come back to ESN rubbers :D

I got it at beggining of the spark...for around 37 euros.
The only one available atm were the 05 and 25,not being sure about the 25 existance!This was about3/4 years ago,in my recordings.
I really like tenergy 05,as is the only type i played with (its like a sriver or markV w/ steroids,which i love),but i gotta say,Butterfly is trying to get us fools,and get the World Dominance! XD
Now being serious,for the rubber i played with,the most comparable to Tenergy(05 at least),is the Joola Xplode sensitive.I've tried it in a bat from a friend (Joola Fever Fast/2 Xplodes Sensitive),and i felt in love right away,so i asked him if he wanted to change is bat with mine :D (for jooking:)).
After a while i found a great opportunity price about a new Joola Fever Fast(5 plies of wood (1-7Limba,3-5Ayous,Core-Kiri); 2-6 plies of Carbon Meliorate),and i didnt look back,bough it straight away.The balance of the weight is perfect,it feels a bit lighter then the one i used,the touch in amazing making the blocks a breeze.
I call it a robot,cuz it handles all pretty well in some good hands,and is plenty of control for a blade so fast,making it easy to finish the points with "style".
Some player/coach from egypt is training a team here in my city,so i get Joola stuff far cheaper,so i will try to get xplod sensitive(30€),but even for its normal price,i advise that is an awesome rubber and a great Tenergy alternative!

Greetings,

keep training :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
I have question about Backhand rubbers of Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and few other top table tennis players. Why do they use Butterfly rubber (Tenergy 05 or another version of Tenergy), if they can use DHS rubber as they use DHS rubber on Forehand (DHS Hurricane 3/NEO)? What is difference between Butterfly Tenergy 05 and DHS Skyline 3 / NEO? Why they don't use both rubbers by the same company? I didnt' use Butterfly Tenergy rubbers never. I am using DHS Skyline 3 NEO Backhand rubber (Commercial version) and its good for Backhand. I am not say that I know better than them, but I want to know reason for using Backhand rubber from another company.

Feb 2013
I have question about Backhand rubbers of Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and few other top table tennis players. Why do they use Butterfly rubber (Tenergy 05 or another version of Tenergy), if they can use DHS rubber as they use DHS rubber on Forehand (DHS Hurricane 3/NEO)? What is difference between Butterfly Tenergy 05 and DHS Skyline 3 / NEO? Why they don't use both rubbers by the same company? I didnt' use Butterfly Tenergy rubbers never. I am using DHS Skyline 3 NEO Backhand rubber (Commercial version) and its good for Backhand. I am not say that I know better than them, but I want to know reason for using Backhand rubber from another company.

Main difference is in sponge and topsheet style, DHS makes chinese rubbers which are tacky and how chinese hard sponge, it's almost imposible to play with that rubbers on backhand, because you need to use much power to activate the rubber, and it stays longer on blade. For backhand you get better control with tenergy rubbers or any Euro/JP style rubbers. I hope this helped. Pozdrav

Reactions: Dan
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Bluefire M2 is the closest thing to Tenergy 05 i have tried.

Looping with Chinese tacky rubbers need so much effort and will give you great spin and speed. But if you doesn't have that power then the rubber will not give you enough speed and spin. Euro/Jpn rubbers are the opposite.
A Chinese tacky rubber is usually better for forehand because forehand have more power than backhand and a Euro/Jpn rubber is better for backhand because it will give you more speed and spin than a Chinese tacky rubber with less effort ( that usually backhand has ).

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Ok, thank you for answer. Why Tenergy 05 isn't excellent for Forehand? Timo Boll uses this rubber on Forehand and Backhand. Is DHS Hurricane or Skyline better than Tenergy 05 for Forehand, if you are offensive player (more spin, less control than Tenergy) or not?

Pozdrav!
It depends on your technique. Chinese rubbers are better for forehand if you have a Chinese style loop. Euro/Jpn rubbers are better for forehand if you have a European style loop.
The biggest different between Chinese and European loop how much open your arm is. In Chinese loop arm is very open and nearly straight. In European loop are is more closed and it have 90 angle. Chinese loop has more power and with a European loop style you will be ready for next shot faster.